SHISEIDO Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF17

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
SHISEIDO Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF17
Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF17

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Hydroxyproline, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Distearate, Alumina, Trisodium Edta, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Tocopherol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Hydrated Silica, Barium Sulfate, B Ht, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Methicone, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Tetradecene, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 5/4/2018 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I’m a MAC NW 15-20 and the B20 shade is a great match. I find the color stays true and doesn’t oxidize darker on me with wear.

I really, really like this foundation. It comes in a pump, is creamy and applies nicely with a brush. The coverage is a high medium and definitely provides luminosity. It’s a healthy look but not as natural looking as foundations with a more sheer or medium coverage. It definitely does provide a long lasting glow.

So with the great review thus far, why only a 4 star rating? For me, this foundation stays a bit tacky. I guess it’s better to keep the moisture and the glow but I’m not crazy about the tackiness. I’ll try it with a couple of other primers to see if that helps. I could add some setting powder but then that defeats the whole point of having luminosity. This might be my perfect foundation if only it wasn’t sticky to the touch.

I’ll update this review after I’ve played with the foundation a bit more.

Update: this works much better and dries down with no stickiness when I use a different primer. I upped the rating to a 5. This is an excellent higher coverage foundation if that’s what you are looking for. The more I use it in my rotation, the more I find myself reaching for it. It is definitely in my top 2 foundations along Giorgio Armani Luminous in shade 4.75.

on 11/5/2017 6:17:00 PM

I blind bought this from Strawberrynet so hadnt swatched or seen shades. I got WB40 warm beige even though i am cool toned as it was 70% off I think! Gorgeous foundation, Id go so far as to say best Ive ever used and thats a helluva lot! It was a fantastic shade for me so they must be leaning towards pinkish....which I personally like. Of course you should try before buying to get shade match. The finish is not at all greasy but dewy looking coverage excellent for my broken veins, redness etc. Paula Begoin of Paulas Choice dismissed this as it contains a small % of lavender oil. I realise this is not ideal but it is an amazing foundation and is my new HOLY GRAIL. Shiseido please omit the lavender oil!

on 6/30/2016 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm about to run out of this, so I decided to consider trying something new...briefly. I started reading reviews about other foundations and was quickly reminded how much I love this one. I was also reminded what a pain in the butt it is trying to find a really good foundation. I went through a lot of them in the process of finding this one. I have very fair skin, and there is a shade that works for me. I also like the texture--smooth, but not greasy. Easy to apply and work with.
I usually choose to do a light application--but you can add more if needed. I find this foundation provides a nice "polished" look. It's not Shiseido's most "natural" looking foundation--for a really natural look, I recommend their "Sheer and Perfect" Foundation.
Back to the Radiant Lifting foundation--it looks good on my skin and doesn't cause break-outs--which is excellent! I wore this all winter in our very cold climate, and it wore well. I am still using it in the summer--but a lighter application. I find this foundation works really well over Shiseido sunscreen, which I also wear religiously.
I love that this foundation comes in a pump, and you can easily see how much product you have left, so you know when you are about to run out. I get very annoyed by packaging that gives you no idea how much is remaining and then all of a sudden you have nothing left. Not a problem with this foundation. I am about to run out, so I will be re-purchasing. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Why is this so thick? It's nice and moisturising, at least, and has decent coverage. But it's so oily and thick it just slips off my face when I apply it in the morning. It goes patchy over dry skin and disappears on oily. Not good for people who don't have perfect skin, or simply "mature" skin. I like using anti-aging products for the moisturising formulas and heightened coverage usually, (obviously you can't not age lol) but this just didn't work for me at all.

on 10/16/2014 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I used Shisedo products when I was a teenager as I have very, very, very light skin, and it was one of the few product lines that carried as light of a foundation as I need. Unfortunately, college and life hit, and a $45+ foundation wasn't exactly in my sights.

I shop at a Korean store about an hour away from home, and I kept seeing the Shiseido makeup in the grocery store's mini makeup store, but I finally went in with intent to buy tonight.

As soon as I got home, I rushed to the bathroom to try it on, and it was just as I remember Shiseido products being. Amazing texture, smooth, easy application, and WOW, what coverage! I currently have a small blemish on my chin, but after applying this foundation ... what blemish?

The foundation set well, and my face has a lovely glow about it. I feel great in it!

I'm stoked this has sunscreen. I have larger pores, and my face looks like absolutely porcelain now. Even my husband said wow!

I will definitely be adding this to my daily routine. My drugstore foundations are going bye bye!

on 7/13/2014 9:03:00 AM

This is a fabulous foundation that gives a flawless finish, its my go-to foundation if I want a perfect finish. It is however best for drier skins or used on a mattifying base, otherwise it make make your pores look large. The range of colours are great and it strikes a balance between coverage and spreadability. It is a little thicker in order to give a lifted appearance and is very finely textured. The finish is satin and dries down so there is no transfer. One of my fave foundations and the only foundation i have repurchased.

on 5/26/2014 5:39:00 AM

This is absoultely the worst foundation I have ever used! Including drug store brands. I really do not know how this got such great reviews. I cannot even bring myself to give it any kind of star rating. It went on ok, but 5 mins later it had oxidised shockingly and was patchy and uneven and orange!!!! Unfortunately i was at work when i noticed and did not bring any back up makeup so had to just try and smooth it the best i could. As the day went on it got worse and worse it set into my fine lines and made my pores look clogged and my face oily. There is no staying power as well, even with a setting powder. To make matters worse i have 3 new pimples and have felt like a cake all day long, Truly worse product i have ever used!!!

on 3/8/2014 1:02:00 PM

Amazing foundation! I normally only go for matte, long wear foundations but my skin has been extra dry this winter so I decided to try something with a more natural finish and the positive reviews led me to Shiseido. I'm NC20 and was matched to B20/Natural Light Beige which is perfect for me.
It feels so luxurious going on and blends like a dream.

on 2/23/2014 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've always had good skin and in my younger years never really wore foundation on a regular basis. Now that I'm 50, my pores have become noticeable and I've got more redness in the T-zone, therefore I feel like I need a foundation to look brighter and polished. Problem with many that I've tried is that they either make me breakout or immediately sink into my pores. Not the case with this foundation! I use a small stipple brush for application and it doesn't require very much product to get a beautiful, flawless finish. After applying early in the morning, I set it with a light dusting of loose powder. By late afternoon, my skin still looks great and dewy. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Probably the best foundation you can ever find in this price range ( USD40-USD50). It gives a "made-up" flawless finish but doesn't look heavy, cakey and fake by any means (Hope it makes sense!).I only wish they can make some paler shades since B00 is still a hint too dark for me, but it's ok I can apply foundation on my neck as well.