Shiseido Radiant lifting foundation

Shiseido  Radiant lifting foundation

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Hydroxyproline, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Distearate, Alumina, Trisodium Edta, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Tocopherol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Hydrated Silica, Barium Sulfate, B Ht, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Methicone, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Tetradecene, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 6/30/2016 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm about to run out of this, so I decided to consider trying something new...briefly. I started reading reviews about other foundations and was quickly reminded how much I love this one. I was also reminded what a pain in the butt it is trying to find a really good foundation. I went through a lot of them in the process of finding this one. I have very fair skin, and there is a shade that works for me. I also like the texture--smooth, but not greasy. Easy to apply and work with.
I usually choose to do a light application--but you can add more if needed. I find this foundation provides a nice "polished" look. It's not Shiseido's most "natural" looking foundation--for a really natural look, I recommend their "Sheer and Perfect" Foundation.
Back to the Radiant Lifting foundation--it looks good on my skin and doesn't cause break-outs--which is excellent! I wore this all winter in our very cold climate, and it wore well. I am still using it in the summer--but a lighter application. I find this foundation works really well over Shiseido sunscreen, which I also wear religiously.
I love that this foundation comes in a pump, and you can easily see how much product you have left, so you know when you are about to run out. I get very annoyed by packaging that gives you no idea how much is remaining and then all of a sudden you have nothing left. Not a problem with this foundation. I am about to run out, so I will be re-purchasing. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wasn't looking to buy this foundation but the Shiseido SA pushed me into it. I have to say, this is the BEST foundation I have ever used. #1 is saying a lot since I've used numerous high end foundations such as Chanel, Dior, other Shiseido foundations, Becca, Estee Lauder, MUFE, It Cosmetics, Clarins, YSL etc. I was looking to buy the new Shiseido Synchro Skin foundation but after discussing my needs with the SA, she recommended the Radiant Lifting instead. She said the Radiant Lifting has skincare in it and it's full coverage yet gives a luminous finish. According to the brand, this foundation is geared for mature dry skin so I was a bit reluctant to buy it. I'm so glad I took the risk and bought it anyway.

Finish: This surprisingly does give the perfect amount of radiance without looking greasy. The radiance stays true after hours of wear. It looks exactly the same hours after application. Being oily skinned, it's almost impossible to prevent foundations from oxidizing. However, this foundation stays true to color the entire time I wear this.

Lasting Power: Amazing! For being considered a foundation for dry skin, I'm delighted that this also works on my oily skin. My oils don't break through half way through the day like it does with other comparable dewy foundations like NARS Sheer Glow and YSL Teint Touche Elcat.

Coverage: One layer is a solid medium cover. I feel two layers does give full coverage. I'm someone with some facial flaws and this foundation covered them nicely.

Shade: I'm medium olive skinned and wear 060 in this foundation.

Skin Reactions: None

Note: I paired this foundation with Too Faced Hangover primer and used It Cosmetics for Ulta Airbrush Blurring Foundation brush and got amazing results. Results may vary with other primers and or application techniques.

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Why is this so thick? It's nice and moisturising, at least, and has decent coverage. But it's so oily and thick it just slips off my face when I apply it in the morning. It goes patchy over dry skin and disappears on oily. Not good for people who don't have perfect skin, or simply "mature" skin. I like using anti-aging products for the moisturising formulas and heightened coverage usually, (obviously you can't not age lol) but this just didn't work for me at all.

on 3/8/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have been using this 2 years now and this is amazing, one of my favorite foundations especially for winter. I decided to re-review this since its been awhile.

I have non problematic yet dry skin. This is very creamy, blends seamlessly, and does a great job at coverage so all that together I need only about a pea size for my whole face and ill use a tiny bit more if needed to touch up. This is hydrating and very comfortable to wear on my face even throughout the whole day and I hardly need to touch up. The finish is a satin-dewy finish, depending on how much oil or moisturizer I put underneath but alone this is mostly a satin finish. It does have a SPF. In MAC I am NC40-42(40 for winter and 42 for sunnier days) for this foundation I wear the darkest shade in the yellow(Ocher) shades which is O80 for the Radiant Lifting which matches me perfectly in winter/at my lightest. This matches me only in the winter, and in summer I just use this for my undereyes/cheeks for a subtle highlighting effect. I like to use the Shiseido foundation brush with this or my brandless cheap foundation brush made for creams but more often I use my hands. Comes in chic yet simple packaging with a convenient pump.

I have gotten so many compliments wearing this. This foundation is gorgeous and very natural. Doesn't cling to dry spots and last the whole day. I have only a small amount left in my bottle but it has lasted me so long! In the end I would buy this again. There are not many long wearing, not matte, satin-dewy, foundations for dry skin and this is one of the best. Underrated product!

on 3/5/2015 9:09:00 PM

I have never tried any shiseido products before and absolutely love this foundation.
I read up reviews on it and wanted to try this so I purchased it. It's a perfect medium to full coverage with a slight glow to it. It lasted all day and did not come off at all!!! I have normal to combination skin but prefer a more glowy look rather than a matte look just because I think it's more natural / healthy looking to have a little dewy finish. The colour range is reasonable, I'm normally NC 20-30 and found O60 was a perfect match for me! Before I purchased this I was tried on The new nars foundation and was a struggle, no colour matched my skin perfectly, It was cakey and horriably creased into lines I never knew I had :/ so I opted for this foundation instead and I'm so happy with the results and glad I didn't purchase the Nars foundation. I will be purchasing this foundation again and will defiantly try some of their other products !!

on 10/16/2014 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I used Shisedo products when I was a teenager as I have very, very, very light skin, and it was one of the few product lines that carried as light of a foundation as I need. Unfortunately, college and life hit, and a $45+ foundation wasn't exactly in my sights.

I shop at a Korean store about an hour away from home, and I kept seeing the Shiseido makeup in the grocery store's mini makeup store, but I finally went in with intent to buy tonight.

As soon as I got home, I rushed to the bathroom to try it on, and it was just as I remember Shiseido products being. Amazing texture, smooth, easy application, and WOW, what coverage! I currently have a small blemish on my chin, but after applying this foundation ... what blemish?

The foundation set well, and my face has a lovely glow about it. I feel great in it!

I'm stoked this has sunscreen. I have larger pores, and my face looks like absolutely porcelain now. Even my husband said wow!

I will definitely be adding this to my daily routine. My drugstore foundations are going bye bye!

I think this is an amazing full coverage foundation - especially if you have a mature skin.
I do agree that it does cover nearly every imperfection giving that smooth velvet finish.
I can't really tell how radiant this is, because in any case you better set this Shiseido foundation with a good powder - otherwise it will go all patchy and might separate in certain areas of your face.
The texture is very creamy and thick, easy to apply.
This product retails for 45 USD, which is a lot - but if you want to go extra mile and treat yourself with a high quality product - then go for it!

There is a good in-depth blog post review on this foundation, I leave the link below. Hope it gives more knowledge before you invest.

on 7/13/2014 9:03:00 AM

This is a fabulous foundation that gives a flawless finish, its my go-to foundation if I want a perfect finish. It is however best for drier skins or used on a mattifying base, otherwise it make make your pores look large. The range of colours are great and it strikes a balance between coverage and spreadability. It is a little thicker in order to give a lifted appearance and is very finely textured. The finish is satin and dries down so there is no transfer. One of my fave foundations and the only foundation i have repurchased.

on 6/15/2014 12:23:00 PM

Unfortunately, not for me! First I couldn't find my exact shade, 020 too light, 040 too dark.. I could only focus on one thing after applying this foundation; PORES! And I did prime my skin before. Already tried many different ways to prime, to set, but its juts not the foundation for me. Its just not comfortable, I feel like I'm wearing foundation.. ahhh.. and it transfers, a lot! =/

on 5/26/2014 5:39:00 AM

This is absoultely the worst foundation I have ever used! Including drug store brands. I really do not know how this got such great reviews. I cannot even bring myself to give it any kind of star rating. It went on ok, but 5 mins later it had oxidised shockingly and was patchy and uneven and orange!!!! Unfortunately i was at work when i noticed and did not bring any back up makeup so had to just try and smooth it the best i could. As the day went on it got worse and worse it set into my fine lines and made my pores look clogged and my face oily. There is no staying power as well, even with a setting powder. To make matters worse i have 3 new pimples and have felt like a cake all day long, Truly worse product i have ever used!!!