Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Facial Wash - Deep Cleansing Coconut Milk

No Image

4.5

Not tested on animals

on 12/22/2012 1:15:00 PM

This is new. The bottle looks the same as their pineapple cleansing wash, though - so be sure to read the label. A wee bit pricey at $12.99 for 8oz - but that is at my local grocery, it may be cheaper elsewhere. I'm pretty sure Target sells this line.

The cleanser is very creamy and does not foam. It smells really good, like a sweet coconut. One pump from the bottle is plenty if you are not wearing makeup. It does not remove eye makeup well, so you might want to use a makeup remover first. I can't be bothered doing that, so I will probably just use this in the morning. I can't say it is very deep cleansing, but it does contain ginger and papaya enzymes, and aloe. After rinsing, I could feel a very slight film on my face, but my skin felt comfortable and not tight.
If you are looking for a gentle, creamy cleanser that smells like a day at a tropical beach, you may like this! As long as the bit left behind after rinsing does not cause me any breakouts, I will re-purchase.

Vegetarian, no animal testing, no parabens, no sodium laurel stuff.

I have been suffering from severe hormonal acne for almost 2 years. My immune system even became so poor I developed staph infection. ON MY FACE. These last 2 years have been hard, but slowly, my face and body has almost completely healed thanks to a lot of prayer, better eating, and a natural hormone supplement and cream I use everyday. Nothing short of a miracle. Thank you God!

Anyway, I have been using cleansers and scrubs for almost 2 years to dry out my acne, but now I needed something to give my face hydration, without being oily, which is so hard to come by in a cleanser. I was walking in walmart, and this cleanser caught my eye. Honestly, I had NO idea Wal-Mart even sold Alba Botanica. But there it was, just the one bottle. I figured since Alba Botanica is a brand that has more natural ingredients than most, I would give it a shot. I was not disappointed. This is THE BEST cleanser I have used in years! The cleanser itself is smooth and silky, and that's the exact way it leaves your face after washing. My skin drinks it up. It does not lather, meaning it's less drying for my skin, which is exactly what my skin needs now. I honestly cannot believe there aren't more reviews!! I will continue to use, considering how perfectly balanced it keeps my skin. I even use it as a body wash. Great product!