Freeman Revealing Pomegranate Peel Off Mask

Freeman Revealing Pomegranate Peel Off Mask

2.7

Not tested on animals

WATER/AQUA/EAU, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, PEG -8, SD ALCOHOL 40-B, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, PANTHENOL, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, RETINYL PALMITATE, ALLANTOIN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, SODIUM PCA, EUTERPE OLERACEA FRUIT EXTRACT, GARCINIA MANGOSTANA PEEL/FRUIT EXTRACT, LYCIUM BARBARUM FRUIT EXTRACT, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) FRUIT EXTRACT, PUNICA GRANATUM EXTRACT, VACCINIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM (BLUEBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, VACCINIUM MACROCARPON (CRANBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, MORINDA CITRIFOLIA FRUIT EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYSORBATE 20, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL (LILIAL), AMYL CINNAMIC ALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BLUE 1 (CI 42090), RED 33 (CI 17200).

on 5/19/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

You know how after you use these masks that your face is suppose to feel like a baby's fresh, clean ass?
Well that didn't happen.
So I bought sample size of this at Walmart for less than $2 since I tried another peel off mask from this line and liked the results. I have combo skin, my t-zone is extremely oily while the sides of my face have eczema patches, a weird combo right? Anyways, this mask felt nice and cooling after I applied it so I thought it would do some serious moisturizing. It kind of surprised me with how it was more of a glue texture then a gel though. When I peeled it off (so much fun, like when we were kids and peeled off dried glue) I noticed... NOTHING! My skin felt like nothing even happened! Of course I applied on clean skin but even my t-zone felt like nothing was there. My eczema patches on my face still felt like dry and crusty bullshit and that's when I realized that maybe not every mask in this line is equal to each other. At least it was cheap and I didn't buy the full size. I might have been because my face was way to much of a combination but it didn't work out for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I found this to be difficult to apply due to how quickly it would set, though it was easy to remove. It has a very thick and tacky consistency, which I don't care for. I also didn't see any difference in my skin after using.

Will not repurchase.

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This was one of the random masks I picked up at walmart and I was pretty excited for it since I love the other kinds of Freeman masks. Plus for $1.98 each, I can't get enough. But I was disappointed in this one. Right when I opened it, the product smelled like that kind of perfume every 13 year old girl would get at Claire's back in the early 2000's. The overbearing perfumed alcohol smell was almost enough to make me toss the product in the trash but I decided to try it anyways. The application needs to be done quickly since this mask seems to dry like super glue in a matter of a couple minutes. The actual mask felt refreshing on my skin but after about 3 minutes I noticed the dark red nail polish on my nails turning a pale pink where the mask touched my nails and the black headband turning a brown color at the edge. The mask BLEACHED my nails and my headband! At this point I was done and rinsed it off. I'm scared to even think of what it would have done to my skin if I had left it on for the full 10-15 minutes. I will definitley not be buying this one again!!!

I would like to review group of mask I feel have to have to maintain glowing skin. This is peel off mask. Now in a end of summer when skin accumulated sunburns during summer and unevenness of color . Soon sun will be not so harmful. It is time to exfoliate to remove all dead skin. Improve color and texture. Some time during this process skin became dry and flaky. It flakiness also happened in winter with dry skin. And It time for peel of mask to apply on skin.
Freeman make many peel of mask while years ago was only cucumber mask available. They all do same – remove flakes of dead skin.
This product come in easy to use plastic tube in generous size as all Freeman masks. Price is amazing around 4$ will not break the bank. Mask easy to store open and close and squeeze from tube. Mask should be apply on clean dry skin medium layer. Hair should be not touched. Hair should be tied back. Eyes, eyebrows and lips should be avoided. Wait as mask will dry in to see thru flexible film glued to the skin. Not mixed up with new now widely available rubberizing masks which is seems to be similar but they are completely different purpose and qualities.
After mask dried out it should carefully peeled off from face with all flakes and dead skin.
In my opinion this mask is must have for any skin type.

I felt like this mask did absolutely nothing. I was surprised that it was a clear gel! It felt pretty neat going into my face. I tried to keep the layer pretty thin (I bought the packet instead of the tube and wanted to get a second application out of it), so mine was almost dry all over within 10 minutes. It was fun to peel off and it felt like it had a very gentle manual exfoliation as it came off. My skin feels a TINY bit softer, but other wise a looks exactly the same. It did not hurt in any way to peel off; it was very gentle. Considering I am on Differin for acne, I would think I would have more dead skin coming off, or more sensitivity or peeling. NOPE! This mask is just going to be a bit of a novelty for me, I guess. I will use the rest but probably would not repurchase the full tube. For those who get the mask caught in your eyebrows or baby hairs: try massaging your eye area and hairline with your favorite facial oil before applying the mask to the rest of the face. I did this for my eyes to take off mascara beforehand, and had no problem with my eye brows (next time I will do the whole hairline too)!

Pros:
- feels very cooling on the face
- helps peel off my unnecessary facial hair? LOL

Cons:
- super thick and sticky consistency
- instructions said to leave on for 5-10 minutes, but my face still felt very tacky after 20 minutes at some areas that didn't dry as fast
- tried removing leftovers on my face with a washcloth and they will still there (WTF)
- face appears to be redder and hurts a little

Overall, NOPE. Don't bother buying this, it sucks imo. Definitely on the hunt for other peel-off masks in the market. I think egg white probably works better than this.

Anyway for people who still plan on using this, would encourage a moisturising face mask after. I still feel a little pain from peeling it off my face =_=

on 3/15/2015 8:37:00 PM

I really like this peel off mask. The smell isn't too bad. Other reviews are saying it takes much longer than 10 minutes to dry and it's true, but if you dry the mask with a hair dryer on cool it will dry really fast!! I want to use this face mask everyday if I could!! My face feels cleaner and fresher. Next time I'm going to get the cucumber peel off mask.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has become one of my favourites and my alternative to the Cucumber peel off mask. I like how bright and smooth it leaves my skin and sometimes I can see all the gunk it pulls off my skin in the mask. The downside is that it can be difficult to apply and don't get it in your hair or eyebrows! Unless you're in for a wax XD It also takes a long loooong time if you apply a thicker layer and the sides of my face never really dry all that well. You would have to use a washcloth if you wanted to wash this stuff off. I like the smell of the other mask better but I don't hate the smell of this one.

on 6/15/2014 9:32:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This mask is a really thick, goopy gel. You have to be very careful when applying this because if you get it in your hair/eyebrows, it can get really difficult to remove in those areas. I found it a little hard to apply evenly, which means that while most of it is dried and ready to peel, there will be patches that are still wet. It can be a little annoying. The scent is also quite strong and it stings my nose if I breathe in through my nose; it didn't sting my eyes, but I didn't put it too close to my eyes. I do think my skin feels a little smoother after I peel it off, but I don't think it's particularly deep-cleaning. It is fun to peel off though and that was the main reason I wanted to try it because I've never used a peel off mask before.

on 5/8/2014 6:51:00 PM

Consistency: A thick, sticky gel. It doesn't take all that much to get the face covered. Now, I found it's best to use a headband to help keep my baby hairs out of the way. OR else it hurts when it dries and it's pulling at hairs too.

Color: Clear

Smell: It has a very strong kinda fruity chemical smell. I wish the smell wasn't as strong as it is. And I also find that since the smell is so strong it makes my eyes water and somewhat sting.

*Update 6/27/14- I have finally pinpointed what the products smells like to me. Sauve or some other bad smelling Hairspray. Ick.

Taking it off: I had a bit fun when it came to removing it. It peels off really well. My tip with it: apply it carefully. It's a pain if you get it on your eyebrows or baby hairs. Then it takes a while to get it all off. It does not wash off well from the hair either.

Results: My skin felt pretty smooth but I didn't notice much of a difference when it came to my pores. The day after my skin was really nice still and not overly oily. I'm sure this exfoliates too since it peels off and lifts dead skin.

I probably wont buy this again when I use it all up because of the strong odor. It burns my eyes too much. I'd rather try the cucumber one to see if it makes my eyes sting or not.