Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE PUR COUTURE

Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE PUR COUTURE
ROUGE PUR COUTUREROUGE PUR COUTUREROUGE PUR COUTURE

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have this in #70, Le Nu, which is the perfect nude for a fair skinned gal like me—many nude lipsticks wash me out, but this one has a rosy tint, but still looks light and natural. I also appreciate the nice, long lasting sheen (definitely not matte, if that’s what you’re looking for).

I love the glam packaging, and I actually like the rosy smell, although I can see how others would find it off putting. For me though, it just adds to the allure.

All that being said, I will not repurchase in any color. The lipstick feels satiny and moisturizing when you’re first putting it on, but immediately afterwards, it feels slightly sticky and oddly heavy. At least it’s not not drying, but it is rather distracting. When I have it on, I find myself constantly pressing my lips together as if to try and blot it off. It just feels...clingy. And let’s not forget the dizzying price point!

I think the only reason I still have this right now is because the tube looks so pretty on my vanity! It will be staying there for awhile I guess, because I won’t be using it up anytime soon! Sometimes I still put it on, thinking I’ll change my mind about it, but nah, that’s never gonna happen.

on 12/19/2017 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I would buy it again but in another color. I currently use 66 Bois de rose which has a satin finish. I absolutely love the color and the feeling of this lipstick on my lips. It's meaty colored and feel hydrating. Application is superb and it lasts for a long time. Definitely one of my favorite lipsticks to-date. I think it's well worth the price.

on 11/9/2017 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

For reference, I'm NC13 leaning neutral with dark hair and eyes.
I have these in #214 Wood On Fire, #52 Rosy Coral, and #207 Rose Perfecto.

#214 Wood On Fire is my perfect nude. I love this shade way more than MAC's Kinda Sexy or KVD's Double Dare which are some of the more popular "nudes" recommended for my skin tone. Kinda Sexy is a lovely color, but was kind of boring and didn't brighten my complexion while Double Dare was too dark for my liking. Wood on Fire stands out just enough due to the perfect mix of pink, orange-red, nude brown; absolutely gorgeous.

#52 Rosy Coral was purchased by me because it was rumored to be the color a popular Korean actress wore, but I'm not over the moon about it. I love corals, but this one is just a tad too neon pink and also being a white-based coral shade, it settles into the lines over time. There are so many dupes with better formulas amongst Korean makeup brands, so I'd skip this.

#207 Rose Perfecto was a gift to my mom, and both she and I love it. Purple tends to look tacky on us Koreans, but due to the rosey, neutral undertone it compliments both of us quite well. It is medium toned, and not too dark which I was worried about.

To be honest though, I feel YSL's Rouge pur Couture shades are all very dupeable (except Wood on Fire and Rose Perfecto), and I hate the tacky, strong rose scent. However, packaging is gorgeous as expected and they'd make nice gifts.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i think because of the popularity of that kdrama “My Love From Another Star” starring Jun Ji Hyun
the RPC in shade #52 is very popular among kdrama fans

i personally buy this product in shade #52 due to my curiosity, because my friends seems liking this exact shade
until i find out the real reason why they gone crazy for that shade -__-

ok now for the actual review

it's suprisingly long lasting, even when the actual product is already gone from my lips, there's some stain in my lips

formulation is not drying and it feels comfortable on my lips

the rose scent is quite strong, but i'm not mad with that

price is expensive, packaging is luxurious imo

on 9/25/2017 11:23:00 PM

17 is perfect for daily use

on 5/29/2017 4:59:00 AM

I have 06 & 10. Beautiful color but I think there are better lipstick for the price. The lipstick will sink into the lines of my lips and the colour won't last for a day. It has a strong scent that's not so charming.. The package was also damaged.

on 5/6/2017 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

i bought this online in #57 (pink rhapsody) as a birthday month splurge on luxury lipstick. the color is beautiful, although i was looking for something a little more 'pinky'. i also wasn't very impressed with the application coverage/consistency. needed to blot it too much. this probably works much better with a lip brush, but for $40 i expect it to glide on my lips seamlessly. another major turn-off for me was the scent!! TOO OVERBEARING. if you like floral/rose-scented lipsticks then you'll enjoy this formula, but for me it was too much and actually made my stomach ache. soooo ... i'll be returning this and trying another brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Ugh. I hate rose scented lipsticks. And this one stinks! That rose scent is awful to me. But for those of you that don't mind, this is a nice lipstick. Lightweight, pigmented. Lasts a couple hours with no food. Moisturizing. I got no. 70, a great YLBB pink mauve brown. Great nudist shade but doesn't give you that look of death. Retails for a whopping $37. I will not repurchase due to scent. And price!

on 10/4/2016 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

07 Fuchsia is a beautiful, dark pink but it did not look the way I wanted it to on my skin tone. The gold packaging is nice, but the lipstick had a very obvious perfume scent and taste. That is an absolute deal breaker for me.

on 5/17/2016 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Lipstick lasts all day. Great color payoff. Non-drying formula. Really cute packaging. The matte isn't exactly as matte as I would have liked, but it's nothing a dab of setting powder can't fix. I still love the product.