Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE PUR COUTURE

4.3

on 5/17/2016 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Lipstick lasts all day. Great color payoff. Non-drying formula. Really cute packaging. The matte isn't exactly as matte as I would have liked, but it's nothing a dab of setting powder can't fix. I still love the product.

on 12/22/2015 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have the Rouge Rock one ( #203)
I looove the color , classic cool red , not too bright nor too dark. It has an amazing creamy texture. Its not so expensive , 31$ for an high end lipstick isnt much.
The packaging is so chic. It looks amazing,
BUT its staying powers are so low.
I'm sorry but i wont buy this again.

To Read all 60 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have it in shade 66 Rosewood (not sure about the name). It glides on like butter. I never had a softer and creamier lipstick. This is pure cream, in a good way. It doesn't dry out my pout, so this is a big plus for me, especially during winter. The colour is very natural to me and close to my own lipcolour. This is a perfect nude for me. Because it's so buttery the staying power isn't that great, I have to reapply after about 3 hours. I don't mind because I love to flash this gorgeous packaging around in the powder room! The cap can be used as a mirror, so more bonus to me!

on 1/10/2015 7:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this lipstick in shade 06 rose bergamasque. The colour is beautiful and the texture glides on and feels very moisturising on the lips. But, I actually regret buying this. The staying power is awful, this literally does not last 5 minutes. To me, this is not acceptable. It just feels pointless to pay so much for a lipstick with no longevity whatsoever. Additionally, the buttery formula of this means that it goes down FAST. So, even if I had time to reapply this every 5 minutes, I certainly can't afford to.
On another note, the packaging is very luxurious, so it's a pretty thing to have on my dresser.

on 12/27/2014 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have #57 (Pink Rhapsody), a medium red with a slight berry undertone; it's almost a raspberry red. It has very fine microshimmer that's purple; I don't actually like shimmer but it's not really visible unless you're a few inches away from a mirror.

I am a cool-toned, NW15 with dark hair and hazel eyes. This lipstick color is just perfect for me. It's a perfect complement for me; sometimes I find reds too harsh or aging on me. Some of them just sit there and don't do much for me. But not this one -- this one blends in with my coloring beautifully.

The texture is amazing too. It's a cream that stains and lasts for hours. And when it does stain, it leaves the most beautiful rose flush. My lips get so dry so easily, but they do really well with this formula, which is rare. It's not drying but it's not moisturizing either. But it doesn't make my lips peel, so as long as I put a lip balm under it, it's great. Overall, I highly, highly recommend it!

Edited: Forgot to add that I also have the famous #52 Rosy Coral, which I straight up stalked online because it was rumored to be the bright coral lipstick from the Korean drama "My love from another star" (what gorgeous lipsticks in that show!). #52 is a goooorgeous color, a bright bright bright pinky coral with a white base. However I almost never wear it because it emphasizes flakes and lines I never knew I had on my lips even after I've exfoliated and applied balm. It's not moisturizing -- in fact, it's outright drying. But it does leave a beautiful stain on my lips after I wipe it off. If you have no problems with flakes or dryness or lines, I'd highly recommend this color. Otherwise, the texture of this shade just doesn't match up with the more forgiving nature of #57.

on 11/21/2014 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have this in number #13 Le Orange, and it is essentially the BEST orange red liptick out of the best!!! The color is vividly beautiful: it brightens up even my most gloomy day and somehow brings light back to my life. Sounds cheesy but thats it!!! Whenever I feel down, I put this lipstick on and go for a walk, and its feels like nothing happened. The lipstick is highly pigmented and long-lasting without drying my lips to hell. It is naturally a little bit glossy, but if you dont want that effect, just use a piece of tissue to dab the shine out and tadaa! It looks like youre wearing a matte lipstick. Versatile.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If I could only buy one type of lipstick for the rest of my life, it would be this stuff. It's honestly in a league of it's own and comes second to nothing. It is hands down the longest wearing lipstick I have ever worn. However, somehow it manages to not dry the living hell out of my lips. It applies like a DREAM. It glides on like silk and is a matte/satin finish. It feels like you're honestly wearing nothing and you forget about it. And then suddenly, hours later you get a look in the mirror and remember it's there cause it still looks perfect. And when it does fade, it fades evenly. Which is so important. Nothing worse than a long wearing lipstick wearing off only on the middle of the lips and giving that accidental lipliner look. This stuff is phenomenal. I would buy every color and never touch another lipstick if it wasn't 40 bucks a tube. That being said though, it's well worth the splurge. Love.

on 9/28/2014 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ysl rouge pur couture is long lasting matte lipstick that doesn't dry out the skin. color payoff is great, scent is nice and as always the collection comes in a great range of colors. ysl lipsticks never disappoint, i love them.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I can not believe the reviews. This lipstick is so drying it makes my lips crack. I should not fall for the pretty packaging and stick to lipsticks that have natural ingredients. The ingredient list shows chemical after chemical with no oils.

Yves Saint Laurent lipstick is the Rolls Royce of lipsticks. Of course there are many others that has made their marks on the Lipstick Market. My personal top 5 lipstick consists of couple of different Yves Saint Laurent formula, Illamasqua, Mac, and Too Faced. Yves Saint Laurent Pur Couture lipstick in Rose Libertin is a radiant cool purple pink. I think it is a very unique shade. As usual the Yves Saint Laurent lipsticks do smell slight rosey and the formula is heavenly hydrating with rice bran oil as opposed to some chalky heavy matte lipsticks out there.