Physicians Formula Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara

2.3

Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Beeswax*, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Tapioca Starch*, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Stearic Acid, Jojoba Esters, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder*, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract*, Ceiba Pentandra Fiber Powder, Cellulose, Nylon-10/10, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract*, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract*, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Water, Glyceryl Caprylate, Leuconostoc / Radish Root Ferment Filtrate May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I honestly do not understand why this mascara is even a thing... it doesn't do ANYTHING? It doesn't lengthen, volumize or do anything, even when you apply multiple coats. And above this, it also smudges and flakes terribly troughout the day. It is cruelty free and organic, and the packaging is pretty awesome which I imagine is the only reason why anyone would want to buy this. I will not repurchase.

I am surprised this has gotten so many negative reviews. I like this product alot. It has not smudged on me and I like the wand.

To Read all 68 Reviews, Login or Join

I was really hoping this was going to be awesome. I should know by now that the majority of my impulse mascara purchases are not great decisions.

The brush is a spikey plastic one which I don't like. The formula is ok for 1 or 2 coats (kind of) but it really doesn't seem to dry all the way. I tried building it past 2 coats & it does built well without clumping...but the more you put on, the less it dries...& I even tried it with eyelash primer. It flaked off a bit, but not on my face so much as directly on my eyeball...it didn't hurt but it felt weird & then I'd check a mirror & see a random black particle here or there. Ew. Also, it runs, my eyes get watery & it ran A LOT in the outer corners. It does come off totally with soap & water if that's something you like.

I don't like this at all, it's going in thd garbage with the 3 other bad ones I recently tried. At this point I'm just a huge idiot - complaining that Diorshow is so expensive & then spending the equivalent on mascaras that I end up hating or am mostly disappointed with. Ugh.

on 12/6/2015 4:03:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Smudged like no tomorrow. What a mess! Very disappointing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Despite the negative reviews, I actually don't mind this product. It is organic and does the job for me so I enjoy it. I use this over my Lancome eyelash primer and it works :) I prefer other mascara's a little more from the Physicians Formula line but this mascara is pretty good too :)

It was impossible to apply this mascara without leaving marks on my upper lids!
My eyelashes are completely straight and it didn't give any volume or lifting.
Also, the formula made my sensitive eyes itchy.
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

on 6/11/2015 5:50:00 PM

I had really high hopes for this mascara considering it being organic. I tried it out during a 6 hour work shift mind you in air conditioning and it ended up smudging on me. The smudging was weird, it was more of a grayish color than black even tho the mascara is very dark. It also didn't do much for my lashes besides adding a tiny bit of volume. I was disappointed since I like the organic concept but I paid almost $9 for it and there are other mascaras that do a lot more for a lot less. I wonder if the rest of the PF mascaras perform the same.

on 5/13/2015 10:10:00 PM

It's decent mascara but it never dried! My lashes felt sticky all day and in the humidity after the rain it was like I just applied it....WET. Also it stung my eyes BAD! I won't buy this stuff again.

on 4/16/2015 9:54:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really enjoy this mascara, it almost reminds me of clump crusher but without the tube drying up so fast. I really like how this is natural looking and it really seperates each and every lash making my lashes look like i have millions of them. I cant say they lengthen very well, and thicken. But it gives you nice, clean, un-clumped looking lashes. The brush, if you poke your eye with it you might as well wash your whole face off because its gonna sting really really bad. Ive noticed that PF mascaras tend to sting my eyes if they dont fully dry and i poke my eye with the mascara the formula stings bad. But once it dries and you yawn as an ex it doesnt sting your eyes at all. Its such a strange mascara, but i love it. I naturally have thick long lashes, so i really crave that clean look.
But if your looking for big huge thick lashes , this is a no.

UPDATE
So i have had this mascara for awhile and the formula did slightly thicken up a bit, but it still gives me amazing lashes. I believe the ingrediant that makes our eyes sting within the PF mascaras are "orange water". Its the first ingredient normally on the list of ingredients of their mascaras. Basically orange is a citrus fruit, what happens when we accidently squeeze some juice in our eye? It burns. Exactly whats going on with this mascara, id probably have to go one star less just because when you accidently get some of the formula on your eye , it really burns. But the lashes are amazing from this, still has that same clean look, just with a thicker look.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Very surprised at the poor reviews of this product, because I'm really enjoying it. I love that the formula is dryer rather than wet, it applies great, makes my lashes dark and full, and doesn't clump at all. I knocked off one lippie because it does take more coats than other mascaras, but hey, that's no big deal for me. plus I love the cute pink leaf packaging!