NYC Lip stain

Filtered by skin type : Combination
 NYC Lip stain

3.5

If you're in a tight spot for lip color of a more expensive brand this is a pretty good go to. You'll have to reapply it throughout the day though , the name definitely is misleading. However, if you would like a full sultry look for your lips heres what I do:

1) apply lip balm
2) apply lip liner
3) apply nyc lip stain

The balm and liner should help it last a little bit longer and keep your lips from feeling crusty and peely, I hope this helps !

on 2/15/2016 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

NYC's lip stain in Never Ending Nude is my HG lip stain. I have very petite lips.. meaning that not only are they on the thin side and not at all pouty/dimensional, they are also somewhat narrow on my face. For that reason I tend to stay away from lipsticks and glosses that when very pigmented, can make me look like too heavily made-up, and sort of like a doll.. in a bad way. A matte, non-obtrusive, and buildable lip tint is really all I want out of life.

I'm a ginger and very VERY fair, with gold undertones. Most stains turn out very dark and pigmented, like clown makeup on pale skin. The Never Ending Nude is a subtle peachy-brown with hints of red or pink. It's definitely a true nude color, but I can work it up by layering into a deep nude color that looks pretty vampy. It's interesting to see this shade on people with darker skin as a true nude color, because if I put a few coats on, it almost looks blood or brick red.

As far as the packaging/applicator, it's essentially a felt tip marker, but what I love about this stain's applicator is that the felt tip is slightly bendy and flexible. It's a couple small steps away from being a brush tip, and it makes outlining and overdrawing easier if that's something you want to do with your stains (it's something I personally always do.)

Never Ending Nude is a very unique color in the lip stain world and a total must have for fair-skinned ladies. I love the versatility of it and will keep buying it because the formula goes on evenly and lasts at least 3 hours, which is sort of my minimum requirement and expectation for a stain. As for those complaining that it doesn't last 16 hours, per the advertisement.. I get that it's an annoying false claim, but this product also costs less than $3. What are you really complaining about?

on 5/21/2014 12:39:00 AM

I'm trying to like this... I really love the idea of a lip color that will last, but this does not. I got this in Endless Spice, which is a great shade. The scent is fruity, doesn't taste funny, and is fairly easy to apply. It wears off before lunch, will not repurchase.

LOVE THIS!

Pros: Good price, lasting colour, doesn't dry out, great pigmentation, great staying power (maybe not 16 hours, more like 6 which is still good for a lip product).

Cons: has parabens

I purchased 2 of them and they have lasted for over a year! Would definitely buy again.

I think it lasts quite ok - i only had 4 hours before I had to take it off. Although the color doesn't stay the same - it got much fainter. Love the taste and it applied nicely.

on 12/19/2012 12:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

NYC Smooch Proof 16Hr Lip Stain. Hmmmm. Well, it lasted one hour, then vanished. As in completely utterly gone. So much for endless. On the nitpick side, it tastes okay, flavor doesn't linger and the color (495 Endless Spice) was pleasant and covered easily and consistently. But with longevity15 hours short of advertised, it's going back to the store and saving my $5.