NYC Lip stain

NYC Lip stain

on 6/7/2016 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm not sure what to make of this. I have this in Persistent Pink, which is a misnomer because this product is anything but persistent. To start with, it takes a lot of pressing and rubbing to get this product to show up on my lips. I usually end up trying it out on the back of my hand to make sure anything is coming out at all, which is never a good sign in a stain. Next, this semi-existent product obviously feels very light and slightly wet on the lips, smooth and definitely not hydrating. I . . . honestly cannot tell how long it lasts because I can't really tell if the color shows up on my lips or not. I'd say it tints them a very slight baby pink for under an hour. I like the idea behind these but not the execution. I definitely don't recommend these.

on 2/15/2016 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

NYC's lip stain in Never Ending Nude is my HG lip stain. I have very petite lips.. meaning that not only are they on the thin side and not at all pouty/dimensional, they are also somewhat narrow on my face. For that reason I tend to stay away from lipsticks and glosses that when very pigmented, can make me look like too heavily made-up, and sort of like a doll.. in a bad way. A matte, non-obtrusive, and buildable lip tint is really all I want out of life.

I'm a ginger and very VERY fair, with gold undertones. Most stains turn out very dark and pigmented, like clown makeup on pale skin. The Never Ending Nude is a subtle peachy-brown with hints of red or pink. It's definitely a true nude color, but I can work it up by layering into a deep nude color that looks pretty vampy. It's interesting to see this shade on people with darker skin as a true nude color, because if I put a few coats on, it almost looks blood or brick red.

As far as the packaging/applicator, it's essentially a felt tip marker, but what I love about this stain's applicator is that the felt tip is slightly bendy and flexible. It's a couple small steps away from being a brush tip, and it makes outlining and overdrawing easier if that's something you want to do with your stains (it's something I personally always do.)

Never Ending Nude is a very unique color in the lip stain world and a total must have for fair-skinned ladies. I love the versatility of it and will keep buying it because the formula goes on evenly and lasts at least 3 hours, which is sort of my minimum requirement and expectation for a stain. As for those complaining that it doesn't last 16 hours, per the advertisement.. I get that it's an annoying false claim, but this product also costs less than $3. What are you really complaining about?

I find that lip tints don't have any staying power. NYC smooch proof lip stain 16 hr in champagne stain lasts until you have a drink or lick your lips and it comes off! Great colour and the pen didn't dry up like max factors did.

on 12/31/2013 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It makes my lips look shiny and pink. It isn't drying and patchy like some lip stains and it reminds me of revlon lip butters when you put it on. I also noticed that it has an amazing fruity fragrance and I love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love these lip stains! I have tried Benefit's Benetint, TheBalm's Stainiac, Revlon's Just Bitten and Covergirl's stains, all of which failed me for various reasons. This stain marker-pen does not settle into fine lines, offers smooth, even application, plenty of buildable color payoff, and stays on for 5-6 hours, which is plenty of time for me (who expects 15 hours, even if that's what it says? Cosmetics companies are notorious for exaggerating).

I have this stain in 3 shades -

1. Never Ending Nude (492): this is the perfect MLBB color for me. I LOVE it and it's fantastic with a little clear gloss or balm over it. It looks light brown on the swatch NYC provides, but is more of a rosy brown on my lips. Fades to a natural, more pink than brown color.

2. Rock on Ruby (497): this is actually a pretty great blue-based type of red, IMO. I was surprised by how well this looked on me, as I have a hard time with reds: most come off looking hot pink or orange, but this was just the right shade of true brightish crimson-esque red. Fades to a nice pinkish reddish color.

3. Berry Long Time (498): this is my least favorite of the three. While I still love the formula, this color pulls very purple on my lips and fades to hot pink, and it isn't flattering with my skin tone.

I think it lasts quite ok - i only had 4 hours before I had to take it off. Although the color doesn't stay the same - it got much fainter. Love the taste and it applied nicely.