NYC Lip stain

3.4

on 6/7/2016 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm not sure what to make of this. I have this in Persistent Pink, which is a misnomer because this product is anything but persistent. To start with, it takes a lot of pressing and rubbing to get this product to show up on my lips. I usually end up trying it out on the back of my hand to make sure anything is coming out at all, which is never a good sign in a stain. Next, this semi-existent product obviously feels very light and slightly wet on the lips, smooth and definitely not hydrating. I . . . honestly cannot tell how long it lasts because I can't really tell if the color shows up on my lips or not. I'd say it tints them a very slight baby pink for under an hour. I like the idea behind these but not the execution. I definitely don't recommend these.

If you're in a tight spot for lip color of a more expensive brand this is a pretty good go to. You'll have to reapply it throughout the day though , the name definitely is misleading. However, if you would like a full sultry look for your lips heres what I do:

1) apply lip balm
2) apply lip liner
3) apply nyc lip stain

The balm and liner should help it last a little bit longer and keep your lips from feeling crusty and peely, I hope this helps !

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/15/2016 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

NYC's lip stain in Never Ending Nude is my HG lip stain. I have very petite lips.. meaning that not only are they on the thin side and not at all pouty/dimensional, they are also somewhat narrow on my face. For that reason I tend to stay away from lipsticks and glosses that when very pigmented, can make me look like too heavily made-up, and sort of like a doll.. in a bad way. A matte, non-obtrusive, and buildable lip tint is really all I want out of life.

I'm a ginger and very VERY fair, with gold undertones. Most stains turn out very dark and pigmented, like clown makeup on pale skin. The Never Ending Nude is a subtle peachy-brown with hints of red or pink. It's definitely a true nude color, but I can work it up by layering into a deep nude color that looks pretty vampy. It's interesting to see this shade on people with darker skin as a true nude color, because if I put a few coats on, it almost looks blood or brick red.

As far as the packaging/applicator, it's essentially a felt tip marker, but what I love about this stain's applicator is that the felt tip is slightly bendy and flexible. It's a couple small steps away from being a brush tip, and it makes outlining and overdrawing easier if that's something you want to do with your stains (it's something I personally always do.)

Never Ending Nude is a very unique color in the lip stain world and a total must have for fair-skinned ladies. I love the versatility of it and will keep buying it because the formula goes on evenly and lasts at least 3 hours, which is sort of my minimum requirement and expectation for a stain. As for those complaining that it doesn't last 16 hours, per the advertisement.. I get that it's an annoying false claim, but this product also costs less than $3. What are you really complaining about?

on 8/24/2015 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased the colours "on everyone's lips" which is a mauve-ish colour and "unforgettable fuchsia" which is a bright hot pink.

The mauve one applies very patchy and watery so i had to apply it 3 times to get the desired colour pay off and the hot pink one applied true to colour on the first application.

For some reason, they both burn my lips and the after about 30 mins of wear, the color starts to fade and it looks really ugly, especially because all of the fine lines on your lips start to show.

Purchased these for $4 each at Walmart but wish i had spent the 8$ plus tax on my regular go-to lipstick as i wont be using these stains again.

If anyone is looking for similar colours but much better payoff, the nyx liquid matte lipsticks are amazing. id suggest trying those.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Something to consider... you get what you pay for. This claims to last 16 hours. But with normal eating/drinking, this lasts 1-3 hours max. It's very inexpensive, so you can just toss it in your bag and reapply as often as you like. Also, because it's so cheap, I purchased 4 shades. I loved 3 and gave 1 to a friend. NYC is not as drying as some other lip stains I've tried, which made my lips SO dry and wrinkled that I had to use chapstick to plump them back up (*ahem* CoverGirl lip stain!). Overall, for the price, this deserves 5 stars.

on 5/21/2014 12:39:00 AM

I'm trying to like this... I really love the idea of a lip color that will last, but this does not. I got this in Endless Spice, which is a great shade. The scent is fruity, doesn't taste funny, and is fairly easy to apply. It wears off before lunch, will not repurchase.

I find that lip tints don't have any staying power. NYC smooch proof lip stain 16 hr in champagne stain lasts until you have a drink or lick your lips and it comes off! Great colour and the pen didn't dry up like max factors did.

on 12/31/2013 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It makes my lips look shiny and pink. It isn't drying and patchy like some lip stains and it reminds me of revlon lip butters when you put it on. I also noticed that it has an amazing fruity fragrance and I love it.

on 11/15/2013 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For the price I can't complain. The color was good and it wasn't very drying for a stain, but it definitely didn't last very long.....

on 8/21/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had such high hopes for this product that I bought it in two different colors.
Wish I had my money back.
I would have gotten better results staining my lips with Kool-aid.
It has little color pay-off, doesn't apply evenly and wears off very quickly.