Lipstick Queen Saint Peachy Nude

4.7

Skip this if you're low on time and don't enjoy makeup stories, I feel like rambling today.

I've been scouring nude glosses lately, hoping to achieve a sort of modern version of an early Britney look, with like a preppy-trashy smoked out eye, bronzer where bronzer used to go on the face (i.e. not contour), and the perfect nude lip. And possibly glitter everything. Feel free to judge my ~summer vision~ but it's gonna look amazing lol. Now, I have a lot of nude, fleshtone, and MLBB lip products but nothing was "the one" for this specific vision - I wanted a nearly opaque, glassy-shiny milky beige with no shimmer and an excellent formula. Long story short, I still haven't found that product (MAC's Boy Bait gloss is close, just not opaque enough) but it led me to the Saint line by Lipstick Queen and I am forever thankful.

To make another long story short(er), I want ALL OF THEM. They were on my radar for a bit, my city only got an Ulta about a year ago (and in that year I have managed to do excellent damage thank you very much), but their branding is such that, while I think their packaging is absolutely lovely, and the concept of the Saint/Sinner line genius, the actual colors sounded boring: Nude, Pinky Nude, Peachy Nude, Rose, Rust etc - very basic. LQ also has these other mini lines with incredibly gorgeous, interesting shades but they're either $50 or something that wasn't working with whatever look I was trying to achieve at that time. I do have the Hey Sailor gloss and, not for nothing, it's one of my favorite lip products of all time. But I ambled over to the display and tried a few on and bye bye moneys.

Saint Peachy Nude has a thick balmy texture that feels lovely on and kind of adheres to your lips (it feels like the Weleda or Dr. Hauschka balms to me), very moisturizing and easy to glide on, nice precise pointy bullet too. It's sheer but definitely deposits a lot of color - I did try on a variety of the shades and the brighter/deeper ones are actually almost opaque. Lasting power is medium; I find it fades pretty quickly if I'm eating or drinking but it doesn't do that thing where it simply vanishes into thin air like some other sheers - if you're just sitting or walking around you'll be good for a while, and reapplication is so easy. Honestly, this lipstick is lovely in every way. Just a pleasure to use.

On to the shade - yeah, self-explanatory: a Peachy Nude that lightens/warms up my lips. It's sheer enough so that it doesn't erase them, sheer enough that I don't need a liner, peachy enough so that my cool-toned pigmented lips don't veer into mauve-nude MLBB territory, and opaque enough to be worth the dough.

It delivers this luscious, dewy look that I've missed seeing on faces lately. A look that's way better in person than in photos.

So the Saint line is amazing. You guys don't even want to check out the Sinner line. I kinda think you'd never go back.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have a weakness for nude lipsticks, and I've tried a lot of them. Saint Peachy Nude is one of my favorite.

After lots of trial & error, I realized that best nude lip color for me is a warm, sheerish, light but not too light nude, because I have cool, pigmented lips.

Saint Peachy Nude is exactly that. Throwing in a moisturizing formula and a yummy vanilla scent, it's a winner for me.

To Read all 3 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love the look of nude lipstick, but can never manage to find one that looks decent on me (NC35/40+), so I tend to stick with warmer, stronger shades of red, rust brown, orange, and fuchsia. This does not mean that my search for the perfect nude lipstick ever ends, though - so I was happy to see that my favorite lipstick brand Lipstick Queen was offering this shade, as a peachy nude sounds more promising than the grey and blue-based nudes that seem to dominate the market (and make me as though I just ate a stick of concealer). I went for the "Saint" formula in this shade...Lipstick Queen also offers it in a more matte, opaque "Sinner" version, but I love the texture of the sheerer Saint lipsticks so much that I decided to opt for it again. I was not disappointed. For a nude, supposedly sheer lipstick, Peachy Nude offers an impressive amount of coverage without any dryness at all; in fact, it almost feels like a balm. The closest shade comparison would be Bobbi Brown's Uber Beige, which is a nice, darker nude shade but much more drying than Lipstick Queen. My lips are fairly pigmented and Peachy Nude was a good bit lighter than they are...I wouldn't necessarily wear this straight out of the tube (I have yet to find a nude lipstick that permits me to do that), but with a bit of darker nude lip liner (I like Chanel's Nude) and a spot of nude gloss on top for depth, Peachy Nude is absolutely lovely. I find that it makes my teeth look very white (always a plus), and as with all of the Lipstick Queen Saint line the wearing time is impressive, particularly since these are sheer lipsticks. Definitely the most flattering nude lipstick that I have found to date - I'm only lowering the rating a bit to reflect the fact that it requires liner and gloss to achieve its full potential (yes, I'm lazy).