Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream

3.9

Snail secretion filtrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, Bis-peg-18 methyl ether, dimethyl silane, polysorbate2-, sodium hyaluronate, carbomer, glycosyl trehalose, hydrogenated starch hydolsyate, triethanolamine, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylyl glyocol, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium polyacrylate, centella asiatica extract, portulaca oleracea extract, camellias sinensis leaf extract, nelumbo nucifera flower extract, betula platylphylla japonica juice, tropolone, copper tripeptide-1, allantoin, panthenol, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, palmitoyl pentapeptide-4, adenosine, disodium edta

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't love it or hate it. It feels nice on the skin, kind of silky and easily absorbed, but it's not very moisturising. I know Korean skincare is all about layering but I don't want to have to apply more than one moisturiser before makeup and this on it's own is just not enough. I didn't notice any reduction in redness which is what I'm looking for as I have rosacea.

Overall, I'd use it again but probably won't go out of my way to buy it.

on 5/18/2017 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I happened to be at a random Chinese herbal shop/drugstore and this was only SGD7.90?! That's super cheap. There are some articles over the net that claims the snails' mucin were ethically harvested hence I decided to give it a go :)

I had a really red inflamed pimple and after applying this overnight and it helped to lessen the redness by 50%. This might work better for normal to oily skin types in the summer.. This gel is slightly tacky if used as a moisturiser in the morning but it does help your makeup adhere pretty well! After applying sunblock and foundation after this, the tackiness definitely doesn't hinder me. However if you have dry skin, you might need to apply a heavier cream after this.

I've been using this gel for almost 3-4 weeks, at least once a day and I can really see my acne scars lightening, especially the recent ones.

Give this a try since its so cheap! If it really doesn't work - it's only less than $10 and you can use it as a salve for other parts of your body like your elbow/ankle or even your hair!

on 5/8/2017 9:11:00 PM

I love this cream, and my skin loves it. It is so softening and makes a good makeup primer. My skin peels from my acne treatments that so that is what I use it for. I got it for four dollars.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I've used this on and off since I became interested in K-beauty and Asian skincare two years ago. This product was one of the first products that I tried and I liked it well enough. It wasn't the holy grail skin saver that I wished it to be - in fact, no snail mucin product is, to my dismay - but it is a nice daytime sleeping pack. By that, I mean it is a nice occlusive layer to top the rest of your skincare products in your routine. The light texture of this product makes it a perfect daytime and warm-weather skincare topper.

on 5/7/2017 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I may sound like a party pooper given the hype of this product but it's just OK. It kind of soothes the skin when it's red and irritated, moisturizes alright and a little goes a loong way. What got me hooked up on this was the fact that 1. It gives me a supernatural glow and 2. It plumps my smile lines making them almost non-existent. Which are probably the only reasons I need to have a backup of it, and to keep buying it until I die. Btw, it doesn't have a scent, and it may or may not break you out, so check in cosdna or acnemantra to see if there are ingredients that you are sensitive to.

on 4/30/2017 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I'm writing my review too early, as I only started using it this week, but I'm quite excited about this gel =)
I have rosacea which almost covers my whole face but is worse on my cheeks. Basically I'm red faced permanently.
I bought this gel when I ran out of mizon all-in-one snail cream. I had been meaning to try it at some point and I thought I would compare its effects with the all-in-one.
My experience of the all-in-one was that applied over a layer of coconut oil it made a good moisturiser, but that was all.
This snail gel is quite a different matter. It appears to be having a positive effect on my rosacea. After the first couple of days wearing it day and night over a layer of coconut oil (the gel has no moisturizing properties that I can see, it acts as a lid over moisture) I started to notice the redness on my cheeks seemed to be showing some small patches of calm skin, as well as some of the bumps being reduced in size.
I'm still not at a point where I can feel sure the effects will carry on, I may have to edit my rating later, but obviously I'm really hoping the soothing effect will continue without any down side.
This is the first product I've found that actually seems to calm my roseacea

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have dry, acne prone, with large pores skin.

This product didnt cause break out. But also no major improvement on my skin.

What i love is it really help soothe my sun burn. If i applied after swimming it felt warm at first, (not burn sensation) and then i felt nice cooling sensation. Usually i leave it all night and sleep with it. Now i only use it after swimming.

Purchased this through MemeBox, and for me it's a good "sealer", I use it at the end of my nighttime routine to help hold everything in place as far as serums, moisturizer, and even acne spot treatments, this goes on top on everything. In the morning this is my barrier from my moisturizer and make up primer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it reduce the redness on my cheeks, make my skin smoother, doesn't break me out either
I use it at night

on 9/26/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is great stuff. Cool, refreshing and hydrates even your driest parts. I use this for the body only, but I would use this on my face if I didn't already have so many favorites.