Tom Ford eye color quad #01 golden mink

Tom Ford eye color quad #01 golden mink
eye color quad #01 golden minkeye color quad #01 golden mink

4.3

on 3/26/2017 7:27:00 AM

I was steered towards this quad by the SA; I really liked the eyeshadow look she had on and when I commented on it, she told me this was what she was wearing and recommended one of the TF eyeshadow creams as a base. I have to say she made a great recommendation: I usually stay away from quads which are too warm/ golden/ bronzy as it can make me look too sallow and washed out, but this is a fantastic exception. I have dark brown eyes, fair to medium complexion (NC 20-25), dark brown hair, and this quad is flattering on me. I think the sparkle in the top 2 shades help bring dimension to the eye, and the bottom 2 satin/ shimmer taupe and espresso brown shades are a fantastic complement that pulls together the whole look. This quad can be used at the office or for after work drinks just by changing the amount of sparkle or darkest shade applied, very versatile. The downside of the quad is the lack of a matte transition or crease shade, I had to use another quad for this (cocoa mirage). Also, 2 glitter shades are a bit too much for a quad this price, one would have been sufficient, with a matte shade included instead (the quad would then be perfect IMO). I enjoy the quad a lot as it's changed the way I view bronzy gold shades on my eyelid, I feel like I have new colors to work with now! there's 10g of product in this so it's good value.

on 2/2/2015 4:34:00 AM

I treated myself to this eyeshadow quad as I adore Tom Ford lipsticks. This for me just is not something I would ever repurchase. It was quite expensive at 70 euro. The packaging is top quality and really very beautiful. The mirror on the quad is also quite large. I have quite a lot of eyeshadow palettes all much cheaper and I feel that this did not stack up in comparison. The two glitter colors at the top are just ok. I would find Urban Decay much better for glitter shadows. The glitter is fine and not chunky but just the colors are a bit meh.. The two colors underneath a minky caramel color and a dark brown are smooth in texture but just not very strong,I needed to layer the color a lot to get any color pay off. Over all it is extremely beautiful to look at but for the money I feel you could get better eyeshadow palettes.

on 6/23/2014 10:23:00 PM

What can I say. I love all my Tom Ford quads. Now that I collected most of them (except for the LE HTF ones :\), I truly love his e/s. This one is very wearable and glamours at the same time. It has 2 of the glitter shades, which I am a huge fan of ( they don't have much fallout on me and they make my eyes so bright!). I love the variety different texture in the quad.

If you like this type of quad, I also recommend the LE Etude House Play colors eyes palette (1&2 which you can still get online I believe). It has similar glitter shades in there (although the EH version is bit more crumblier and fall out prone) with lots of variety of textures as well. I have both, and I love them as well. This one is definitely cheaper and more colors too.

on 1/19/2014 11:07:00 PM

This palette is gorgeousness for brown eyes ...... the colors (except the yellow one) are natural and go on like a dream ...... I love Golden Mink to use for an everyday look which I can create a natural daytime look or add more the darker colors to create a smoky look ..... I love Tom Ford's eyeshadows as they are top-notch quality ..... yes, they are pricey, however, on me I find that the colors stay true all day and are long lasting.

I have a few of the TF quads and of the ones I have they are lovely. However, this one wasn't as nice as the others I have. The double glitter pans killed it for me. One large pan of glitter is more than enough for a quad. The satin colors were very soft and blend-able. The combined look from this quad was less than impressive. I love the luxury of TF$, but he needs to cut back on the glitter shades. I have my eye on seductive rose, but I worry it will be the same story.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I picked up the Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in 01 Golden Mink several years ago.

The Tom Ford shadows have four finishes, sheer sparkle, satin, shimmer and matte.
I will assume based on the name alone that the the top two shadows in the quad are the sheer sparkle finish. They are basically a super finely milled glitter with some sort of liquid component. They are incredibly shimmery and look just beautiful on the eye. I don't wear them alone, but layered in strategic places over other shadows, they are stunning.

The lighter brown color in the lower left of the quad is probably a shimmer. It's a satin eyeshadow with discernable glitter.The darker brown on the lower right of the quad is probably a satin as it contains no obvious glitter.

The two brown shadows are so incredibly creamy and pigmented. They apply like a dream. The two sparkly shades across the top are trickier to apply. I've found that using one of those little sponge applicators works really well.

The packaging is the typically masculine, super sleek Tom Ford packaging. It is also incredibly reflective.

I will grant you that $75 is a lot for an eyeshadow compact, but you do get a lot of product. If you look at just grams per dollar, it's actually not that bad. Tom for works out to $7.50 per gram. MAKE UP FOR EVER shadows work out to $8.80 per gram. MAC shadows are $10 per gram.

This is certainly a luxury purchase, but I love it and I think it is absolutely worth the money.

on 8/7/2013 10:06:00 AM

This has become my go-to eyeshadow for occasions. It looks very plain in the box but glamorous on my eyelids.

Its texture is between creamy and powdery and spreads like butter, which makes blending very easy. When used without glitters I can master a very modern smokey look with the clumsy sponge-brush that comes with it. For special events I pop on the glitters and light up my eyes!

I'd day I will purchase it again but I can't imagine when that will be as the thing contains so much product in it that for sure it'll last centuries.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I recently bought the Tom Ford quad in Emerald lust. Its just what i was looking for! Not over the top teal, something sheer, sophisticated, glittery.
There is no fallout. It blends so great , its buttery and elegant.
I love the lightest green shade. These can be built up to darker colors or worn wet. I just applied it dry and it looks nice.

on 12/16/2012 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Most expensive eyeshadow I've ever bought The luxury and performance you get is definitely worth the splurge, if you like glitters. There is no other brand on the market that make better glitter shade(compact eyeshadow) than Tom Ford. It feels silky smooth when gliding my fingers over the pan. The particles are so small while extremely shiny. Not that kind of chunky glitter you get from loose pigments.
Considering the amount of product you get, it lasts an entire life. I would 100% recommend it as an investment.