Silicone Cleansing Pad

Price: $

on 1/6/2016 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

UPDATE: First of all, see my Notepad for a technique using this to COMPLETELY REMOVE makeup in one shot, no double cleansing.

I gave my sister one of these too; she LOVES it! She did get one of the electric brushes (not sure which brand) and did NOT like that, too rough. Her skin isn't as sensitive as mine, but isn't floor linoleum either.

OLD REVIEW:
I got this, then didn't really use it for awhile. I have very sensitive skin and was worried it might cause irritation. But one day I was having trouble getting an oatmeal mask off, and gave this a whirl. WOW! Not only did it easily remove the mask, it did it with less rubbing than a washcloth! Really seems to help cleansers live up to their full potential. (btw, super cheap; I think I paid $2 for two!)

Now, for the really interesting part. I read about the brush cleaner things, with the nubs and all, and thought, well, that looks a lot like my face scrubbie, just bigger; I wonder if that would work for brushes. Well, it works like a miracle! I always seem to have trouble getting concealer and foundation out of brushes; with this, just add water, a dab of shampoo, and rub across the scrubbie--voila! Nice and clean; even gets out embedded cream blush! Oh, and dried gel liner!

on 12/15/2012 3:43:00 AM

This was an unexpected gift from a friend as part of a package of skin care. I was so busy trying out my new products, I tossed aside the one thing I should have tested first! It's the simplest thing...a 2 1/2 by 2 inch silicone disk with a short suction cup / holder on the back. It's got two sets of scrubbies on it the surface; one a series of super soft short "needles" and the other a short row of nubs. I read up a bit on how it is to be used and it's super simple.

You just apply your regular cleaner and work the brush over your face, just like you do a Clarisonic or other facial brush. It's so soft and gentle I really went to work to make sure I got the full benefit and after washing off my cleanser, I could see that it got all the pores on my nose completely clear - ALL of them. I even checked in a magnifying mirror to be certain. I also have some congestion under my lower lip and I could see a significant improvement on that area as well.

I had no idea this even existed, and it's suddenly become the most important skin care tool in my arsenal. It's just a few dollars in price, it rinses clean and can be dried and stored on my vanity with in a few seconds. I need to search around to see if there is a larger one for body care. There's nothing else like it on the market (that I have seen) and it's extremely effective. LOVE.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools