Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30
Added Highlight :Mac Studio Finsh Concealer  NC30

2.7

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I bought this recently, it looked promising!
It offers sheer to medium coverage, and definitely evens out your skintone. It does not cover red marks, blemishes or acne scars, it blurs, but doesn't "cover like a concealer" as claimed.

Immediately after you apply it, you are more 'shinier' than 'dewy'. Akin to rubbing a stick of butter on your face. But after ten minutes, it settles down, and does become 'dewier'. I use powder after, to reduce the shine, but more out of paranoia. I have medium, but it works well for those who have a lighter skin tone.

I have swatches and a full review on my blog!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I didn't like this bb cream, but i managed to finish it! It took me about 6-7 months to finish it.
I bought this from watsons immediately after it was on shelf, as i'm a curious cat! I got the shade in the middle, Light/Medium. I like the packaging as it is simple and i can get every last bit of this bb cream. The price was about $21.90 at that time, which is slightly more expensive than a drugstore bb cream but still much cheaper than high end bb creams.
I apply this bb cream on my face using my fingers and it applies smoothly on my face, did not cause any breakouts, and it matches my skin well. I don't feel like it actually sets as it was kind of oily, so i put some powder over it. I'd say it only has a light coverage, as it only slightly blurred out my pimples and pores. However, after a half an hour, my oils start to seep through and i look like a shiny grease ball. After a few more hours, the bb cream is almost completely gone from my face, leaving behind an oily mess.
After being a grease ball daily for weeks, i've discovered that a way to help in this situation is to dab my face whenever i can along the day. It helps alot even though it doesn't help with the longevity of the product.
I can see how this product would work for people with normal or dry skin, but for my oily skin it is a nono.

on 7/27/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had the same problem as a few other users - at first it was perfect, my fav. BB cream, but after about a month all of a sudden the sunscreen started to separate from the product and even after shaking the tube, it just comes out all clear/milky oily.

on 11/3/2014 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have extremely dry skin year round, so I was utterly shocked at how oily my skin looked after using this BB cream. Not in a "dewy" nice way, but greasy and dirty! Everything has been said in other reviews....it sits on top of skin and barely lasts because it slides right off. It works better with a setting powder, but not by much. The only pro is the color match "030 Medium" is perfect for my skin tone, but I use the regular Colorstay foundation so I was expecting a good match. I would skip this!

on 5/30/2014 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because of my friend's recommendation on how she loves it. And honestly I'm disappointed. The coverage is fine and all but it's too oily and greasy. Makes my face look shiny and sticky. I live in this hot & humid city it doesn't help at all. Sorry

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Good for people with dry skin! Not for oily skin people!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I like this BB cream. It doesn't have very many colors available, but medium fits me well. It's not as moisturizing as I would've liked but it has decent coverage and is easy to blend. I will repurchase.

on 7/12/2013 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to try this BB cream as an alternative to the messy and oily photoready mousse foundation I tried before and honestly, this product is no better.

Feels nice and smooth on the first application and then it gets oily and starts to slide around my face. My concealer just would not stay put! I tried to set it with the 2-way photoready foundation powder which works until the moment I step outside and then it just melts right off.

Would NOT be purchasing any of the photoready range anymore except for the 2-way powder.

on 7/8/2013 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

No moisturising, does not stay on. Not good for dry skin

on 3/26/2013 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Another product I decided to try in my search for an alternative for my foundation on my lazy days. And with BB/CC creams popping up everywhere, how could you not want to try one? Bought this in the Medium tone, out of their 3 shades.

The product has light coverage, so you do have to use a concealer if you have things you want to cover. It seems to stay on for at least a few hours as well. **THE ONLY THING that I do not like about this product is that it leaves you with a slightly shiny finish (for lack of better words), in comparison to regular foundation, that probably comes from the fact that this has SPF in it, so that is obviously a sacrifice you would have to make to use this. I fix this problem by applying a mineral powder over to get a little more matte since I have slightly oily skin. Using a regular setting powder should have the same effect.

BOTTOM LINE: I'm not usually a brand whore for make up but I have found that splurging for things like foundation & creams are worth it, but for a drugstore product, this isn't too bad. Unless I find one that applies a little better on my skin, I would most likely buy again and just keep using the mineral powder over it to matte it out a little.