Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30
Added Highlight :Mac Studio Finsh Concealer  NC30

3.2

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really wanted to love this product simply because it had SPF 30. Unfortunately, I just can't. The cream doesn't tend to stay in place because it's very slick so not only is your face oily all day, but there's less than light coverage. Unless you hit a lot of super dry patches, it won't stay. I did like another reviewer's comment on how she spackles this on fine lines & wrinkles. I agree that this is perfect for those areas (i.e. under eyes) - building coverage while getting a super charge of all day moisturizing. But for an all over BB cream which is meant to cut down time on a makeup routine, this isn't the product you should be using. I'm a MAC NC25 with yellow undertones & used the light/medium shade.

I got this for school as I hate wearing foundation to school - i was up at 5:45 and begin my makeup at around 6 and finish at around 7, so my foundation, even with primer and powder, always goes a bit patchy around my nose and clings to any dry patches due to wearing it for so long AND it feels as if im wasting foundation. I have normal to dry skin with no problems that concealer cant fix so I thought with revlon being such a good quality drugstore brand it would be perfect. It was a little too dark but all bb creams are on be as im porcelain (revlon also only goes as light as ivory) but adapted quite well once blended. It looked nice on and I had no complaints except that it felt greasy but i love being matte and i set everything with staymatte powder so everything feels greasy to me lol! I concealed under my eyes and any spots I had (the bb cream done a great job at hiding redness) and set it all with stay matte powder. It looked really nice!! Felt nice on the skin. But I then when to school and within a couple hours it was SLIDING off my nose it looked AWFUL!! Ive tried it two or three times after and same result. Havent used it since. I used another bb cream by seventeen and the same thing happened but to be honest I uses the revlon one so long ago I cant remember what ones worse. Its spring now and my skin is changing and the foundations that usually work great for me arent sitting properly at all and im breaking out a lot considering I never really had any spots (but i am 15, near 16, so I think puberty is getting back at my face for the years its let it off easy with spots!) so I think I'll try it again soon and hopefully it will work better - i hate using heavy foundations in summer anyway so im gonna need to find something that works and fast!!

on 1/3/2016 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have had a good run with this product. I have mature skin, with enlarged pores. This gives me decent but sheer coverage, and a glowy but not greasy finish. I went back and forth with the shades, and went lighter as I was heading into winter months. 010 light/pale is actually pretty pale and is borderline too light for my NW 20 skintone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

When I first bought this BB cream and started using it, I was in LOVE with it. It gave me the perfect amount of coverage and it looked like nothing was on my skin. But a week into owning it, the product started separate so that there was a weird oil that would come out with the product. I continued using it thinking it would get better, but it became so bad that I had to squeeze for a minute for all the liquid to come out and eventually, the liquid became purple which is when I knew I had to toss

on 6/19/2015 10:35:00 PM

Absolutely hated this product when I tried it. Way too oily, didn't blend well at all, and it would spearate in the tube all the time and clear liquid would come out when I'd squeeze it. Ugh. I love their colorstay foundation however, just didn't have good results with their photoready line.

on 6/1/2015 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I am actually shocked at the amount of bad reviews for this product. I really enjoy it. But I also like dewy, moisturized skin. Paula's Choice also rates it a 4 star product. This is definitely something I reach for in the mornings when I don't plan to put on a full face of makeup. It evens out skin tone and gives a glow, all while providing SPF. It's affordable, and the packaging is perfect.

I could not stand this product- it went on so greasy and shiny- It looks like its supposed to go on luminous but it comes off as a mess- even splotchy in areas. I applied my Christian Dior foundation over and it did dim it down a bit but later in the day, it appeared that my skin was oily, I cannot stand the SPF smell either-- it made my eyes water. I thought this would be at least close to the Photoready Foundation but it's closer to a stick of butter. Dont waste your money. I only gave it One lippie because there wasnt a "blehhhh" option.

on 6/23/2014 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good BB cream, it's very dewy and makes my skin look glowy. The only downside is that it smells very strongly of sunscreen. I mix mine with a little revlon whipped foundation and it goes on nicely like that or alone.

on 6/6/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually wear Skin 79 Gold BB cream but this is comparable in consistency and way cheaper. Does not have grey undertones like skin 79. Great for dry skin. For more coverage, I wear it under revlon colorstay because the colorstay does not have an SPF.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

With my average (not dry and not oily) skin, most things work just fine--no fuss. I didn't even moisturize my face this morning and this product feels greasy/oily. I didn't wear foundation over it, just the BB cream. Then applied concealer around my eyes (eye primer applied b4 BB cream), blush, highlight, and a setting powder.

I bought Fair. There's a pretty strong sunscreen smell and it has a consistency comparable to Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock. At first, I wasn't sure I'd like it. But after blending it in, I was actually excited about this product. The coverage is nice (but I have pretty clear skin so I'm not the best judge there), and the color looked really great!

20 minutes later, in my car, the product and the concealer over it had HUGELY settled into the lines around my eyes and eyelids. Even after using an eye primer! After wiping them away, another 20 minutes went by and there was more settling into my fine lines! I felt like the BB cream just slid the concealer around and into all the places I DON'T want it to settle. Also, I don't think I've had my skin feel THIS greasy since I've worn straight sunscreen. Ick.

Definitely returning this product--ASAP.