REVLON Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

REVLON Photoready BB Cream SPF 30
Added Highlight :Mac Studio Finsh Concealer  NC30

3.8

on 4/13/2017 1:48:00 PM

I have dry skin and with this BB cream I do not need to moisturize or put sunblock on my face before putting on my makeup. A time saver for me. I like the dewy finish because I find it more flattering on my skin than a matte finish would be.

I use this BB Crean when my skin is playing up. I have had a few adverse reactions to retinol products in the past and this is my go to when I am peeling. It is a very moisturising BB cream, but a little too moist for everyday use. On my skin, it tends to go quite shiny which isn't a great look! I also find that it is a little too sheer. It is almost identical in texture and result to the Revlon CC cream, which makes me wonder if they are the same product in different packaging. I wont be repurchasing because it is not great value for money at $25 Australian.

I have pale, somewhat normal to dry skin and I live in Texas. I spend a fair amount of time outdoors. I walk to and from work so I need to look professional and be sun safe at the same time. So the one thing that I immediately love about this is how great and unburnt my skin looks at night when I wash this off. So the 30 SPF broad spectrum sunscreen is a big hit with me. I have never had a foundation or tinted moisturizer look so good and block so much of the sun before. I hope that this 30 SPF or higher becomes a trend with other products as well. When I got it at Walgreens, it was the last one left in any color and I was lucky it was the light shade that I wanted. I did a quick look around and noticed that for the most part, the face products with SPF seemed to be selling better than the ones without. I got this in early July so that was probably why I saw that trend.

The product itself is a bit oily on my skin but I am okay with that since I think it gives me a dewy look. It gives somewhat sheer to light coverage which is the kind I like the best. This coverage evens out my skin tone but I still need a concealer for the problem bits. Right now, this is my best product that I have found for my face in several years. I'm 46 and I just wish this had been around since I was a teen, I can only dream about how young I would look if I had always had this high of a SPF on my face and body everyday.

on 5/30/2013 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I picked up light medium and got $3 off with an in-store coupon. This comes in a little squeeze top tube and the product is the consistency of hand lotion so don't use too much pressure or you will get too much out. It is heavily tinted and looks just like foundation. I only used this on half my face to see how it compared to natural skin. It seems to take quite a bit of product though to do my whole face and it doesn't seem to spread out as well as I expected. I had to keep getting just a dab more. It gives a nice coverage and evened put redness and blotches in my skin. It even covered my freckles! It put this on several hours ago and it still feels heavy and my skin feels weighed down and clogged. It is shiny and looks greasy on and actually instead of blurring the fine lines and pores, they look accented to me. Eek! I look like i need to blot my face with paper or add some powder to get rid of the greasy shine. I really like the coverage this gives and the way it evened out my skin color and I loved getting $3 off. Ugh. I just bought this this morning and already I am wanting to return it. I rarely return products. Skip this and save your money$$.

EDITED: I really love the coverage this stuff gives and want to like this product and give it every chance to work for me. I added some loose setting powder over this and it fixed the oily shiny look. I can live with the look it has now, It still feels heavy on though and now with the powder too, it feels cakey but it doesn't look it. I really want to like this BB cream. It could easily replace my heavy foundation for a summer look as it covers redness, splotches and so well.