Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

Added Highlight :Mac Studio Finsh Concealer  NC30

2.9

on 5/31/2017 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was in the market for a new BB cream, but I wanted to find one in the mass section as I didn't want to spend that much. This one attracted me due to the SPF 30. Usually, I find BB creams in general have a lot of coverage. This one doesn't though. This is a lighter weight BB cream, almost sheer like. It won't cover anything major, but it imparts a dewy finish. For what I spent, I'm not upset at all.

on 3/16/2017 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Really liked this BB Cream, even the smell, it could last really long with some powdering, covered minor imperfections.
There was some flashback in photos, as per usual with BB Creams with SPF. I bought it for regular daytime, and I don't really have the paparazzi tailing me, so I couldn't care less.
Sadly, it broke me out, breaking my heart in the process. I had a similar reaction to Revlon's Nearly Naked, so it could have something to do with my skin and what they put in their base products (I also really really like NN, but that's a tale for another review).
If it doesn't break you out and you're not in the habit of taking too many selfies in daytime give it a shot.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really wanted to love this product simply because it had SPF 30. Unfortunately, I just can't. The cream doesn't tend to stay in place because it's very slick so not only is your face oily all day, but there's less than light coverage. Unless you hit a lot of super dry patches, it won't stay. I did like another reviewer's comment on how she spackles this on fine lines & wrinkles. I agree that this is perfect for those areas (i.e. under eyes) - building coverage while getting a super charge of all day moisturizing. But for an all over BB cream which is meant to cut down time on a makeup routine, this isn't the product you should be using. I'm a MAC NC25 with yellow undertones & used the light/medium shade.

on 8/16/2016 6:50:00 PM

I wanted to try out a different primer/perfector than I normally use, so I bought this. I do not recommend. It feels wrong--heavy or greasy or something--on my face, and it doesn't really do very much. A definite disappointment.

If your only goal is to look good in a picture, this might be for you but if you are outdoors or near natural light you might want to think twice. There is too much light reflecting shimmer for my taste. Looks good in pictures but in sunlight it looks very unnatural and glittery. Light weight, light to medium coverage, no smell. Wears for about 6 hours on my combo skin when applied with photo ready primer and translucent powder.

on 11/10/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with a lot of the reviews here re: the dewiness of this product. To me it feels a lot like a sunscreen when applied--i.e., it can look borderline greasy when first rubbed on, but once it sinks in, it is super moisturizing and gives a nice glow/sheen to the skin.

As a result, it's probably not suitable in the summer months for those of us, myself included, who tend to get oily--or at least it's not suitable without a hefty primer/powder, which sort of defeats the purpose of using a BB cream.

However, it has been looking *absolutely lovely* on my current slightly-dry autumn skin, and I will definitely continue using it into the winter, when my skin gets its driest/flakiest. I have to change up my skincare seasonally anyway, so makeup tends to follow suit. It has light coverage that is almost imperceptible, doesn't cling to flaky patches, and lasts a decently long time. It also blends beautifully; I just apply with fingers, because using a damp sponge/Beauty Blender would make it way too "wet." (And a little goes a long way--if you end up overapplying, just buff it in with a brush and you'll be fine.) My shade, Light, is also a great color match for me, especially since a lot of the drugstore BB's I've tried tend to pull orange on me (not because they oxidize, they're just...orange).

The packaging is great. Squeeze tubes FTW, and I love that you can see the shade of the product through the tube.

This is a really solid drugstore BB, which I will definitely repurchase if I don't find anything better. Just don't expect it to be matte, since it is anything but. And get it on sale with a coupon if you can!

on 10/26/2015 12:37:00 AM

I can say that I was lucky enough to find this for $3.99 at burlington coat factory.
It's an ok product. It doesn't truly mask any blemishes or redness... But it does moisturize and you must put a setting powder after it (for my oily type gals/guys out there). It's good for a dewy, natural look, when you're on the go.. But it can feel heavy on the face depending on how much you put on.

I wouldn't repurchase this .. I think there are other Asian bb creams that would be better for concealing any flaws on the skin.

*Color: Light Medium, blends well on my skin type (I am Southeast Asian descent)
*Consistency: gummy-lotion texture. Reminded me of tapioca pudding. My skin felt creamy (not sure if that's a good or bad thing lol!)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I love this product. The texture is a bit oily, but it's fine by me because i have a dry skin. It has a sheer coverage and a dewy finish, perfect if you want a "no makeup" makeup. I usually use this to school, my friends praise this product because i don't look like i'm wearing any makeup when i use it yet my skin looks smooth and even. It has high SPF and board spectrum. This product claims that it's photoready, and it's no joke! My face looks more radiant in my selfies.

The downside is after a few months, the texture becomes more oily than ever. The pigmented part and the oily part becomes separated, so i need to shake well the packaging first. When used, my dry skin looks oily and shiny, but i usually cover it with a loose powder.

on 6/1/2015 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I am actually shocked at the amount of bad reviews for this product. I really enjoy it. But I also like dewy, moisturized skin. Paula's Choice also rates it a 4 star product. This is definitely something I reach for in the mornings when I don't plan to put on a full face of makeup. It evens out skin tone and gives a glow, all while providing SPF. It's affordable, and the packaging is perfect.

Being a fan of Revlon's other Photoready Foundations I wanted to give this one a try. My skin can be extra dry in the winter and need a little extra moisture and thought this might help do the trick. Well the moisture was definitely there and made my face feel less dry. However it was almost too much. Coming from someone who has very dry skin it's hard to even fathom saying that but I felt like my face was overly shiny and greasy after I put it on. I felt like I HAD to use a powder on top of it not just to set it but cause it was just too greasy. It did not blend very well and I had to put a lot on to get the coverage I wanted. I often will use my foundation as an eye shadow primer when I am out of it and have no issue doing so. This stuff however made it so that my eyeliner didn't want to stick to my lids so I could not use it as a back up. I am not a fan of foundations that if I barely touch my face it comes off on my hand, my phone etc. This foundation does that. Also if you are wondering about the consistency... it comes out sortof like a very watered down sunscreen. Smells like it as well. So atleast you know the sunscreen they promise is in it. I love Revlon but this one I won't be buying again.