Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

Added Highlight :Mac Studio Finsh Concealer  NC30

3.2

on 5/31/2017 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was in the market for a new BB cream, but I wanted to find one in the mass section as I didn't want to spend that much. This one attracted me due to the SPF 30. Usually, I find BB creams in general have a lot of coverage. This one doesn't though. This is a lighter weight BB cream, almost sheer like. It won't cover anything major, but it imparts a dewy finish. For what I spent, I'm not upset at all.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really wanted to love this product simply because it had SPF 30. Unfortunately, I just can't. The cream doesn't tend to stay in place because it's very slick so not only is your face oily all day, but there's less than light coverage. Unless you hit a lot of super dry patches, it won't stay. I did like another reviewer's comment on how she spackles this on fine lines & wrinkles. I agree that this is perfect for those areas (i.e. under eyes) - building coverage while getting a super charge of all day moisturizing. But for an all over BB cream which is meant to cut down time on a makeup routine, this isn't the product you should be using. I'm a MAC NC25 with yellow undertones & used the light/medium shade.

on 3/19/2016 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was drawn to this one because it has spf 30, but it's a loss. It melts. It feels heavy and comes off greasy. It's very moisturizing so my skin feels nourished but that doesn't help to much when it stays greasy.

on 3/6/2016 3:05:00 PM

Not the worst BB cream in the world. Light coverage which is to be expected with a BB cream, but I find that it gets shiny extremely quickly, and that even with powder, it seems to slip off my face in a matter of hours. I wouldn't repurchase for the simple fact that there are cheaper BB creams out there with much better quality, which is a real shame as I'm in love with the revlon colourstay foundation, I was expecting to like this BB cream a lot more than I did.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Far far far too sheer for me. Gives basically no coverage, yet somehow leaves orange spots on my skin even though it's the correct colour. Smells odd, the only thing I like about this product is the packaging. Wasn't worth the money at all.

on 1/3/2016 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have had a good run with this product. I have mature skin, with enlarged pores. This gives me decent but sheer coverage, and a glowy but not greasy finish. I went back and forth with the shades, and went lighter as I was heading into winter months. 010 light/pale is actually pretty pale and is borderline too light for my NW 20 skintone.

on 11/10/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with a lot of the reviews here re: the dewiness of this product. To me it feels a lot like a sunscreen when applied--i.e., it can look borderline greasy when first rubbed on, but once it sinks in, it is super moisturizing and gives a nice glow/sheen to the skin.

As a result, it's probably not suitable in the summer months for those of us, myself included, who tend to get oily--or at least it's not suitable without a hefty primer/powder, which sort of defeats the purpose of using a BB cream.

However, it has been looking *absolutely lovely* on my current slightly-dry autumn skin, and I will definitely continue using it into the winter, when my skin gets its driest/flakiest. I have to change up my skincare seasonally anyway, so makeup tends to follow suit. It has light coverage that is almost imperceptible, doesn't cling to flaky patches, and lasts a decently long time. It also blends beautifully; I just apply with fingers, because using a damp sponge/Beauty Blender would make it way too "wet." (And a little goes a long way--if you end up overapplying, just buff it in with a brush and you'll be fine.) My shade, Light, is also a great color match for me, especially since a lot of the drugstore BB's I've tried tend to pull orange on me (not because they oxidize, they're just...orange).

The packaging is great. Squeeze tubes FTW, and I love that you can see the shade of the product through the tube.

This is a really solid drugstore BB, which I will definitely repurchase if I don't find anything better. Just don't expect it to be matte, since it is anything but. And get it on sale with a coupon if you can!

I never break out on my nose and this product consistently gave me rudolph zits as well as tiny red bumps on the apples of my cheeks. not to mention HUGE blackheads, nothing like I've ever experienced. it took me awhile to figure out what was making my skin spazz out, but sure enough the second I stopped using this my skin started clearing up. I think the oil started separating from the product. in the tube it looked like it was coagulating like spoiled milk, but when you squeeze it out and rub it together there aren't any chunks. oh and when you put it on it feels like it doesn't rub in all the way and just sits on top of your skin. also it leaves striations (from not blending in properly) and even if you manage to get them all out, it leaves absolutely no coverage at all. definitely wouldn't use without foundation.

on 6/1/2015 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I am actually shocked at the amount of bad reviews for this product. I really enjoy it. But I also like dewy, moisturized skin. Paula's Choice also rates it a 4 star product. This is definitely something I reach for in the mornings when I don't plan to put on a full face of makeup. It evens out skin tone and gives a glow, all while providing SPF. It's affordable, and the packaging is perfect.

Not for dry skin! Or oily skin for that matter. Under my eyes, near my nose, and the front of my cheeks are crazy dry. This bb cream stuck to the flakes and accentuated the dryness. Not to mention it separated on my mildly oily forehead and somehow disappeared on my forehead and nose. It left me looking like a hot mess. But if you have normal skin and don't need something to last long, it did have fairly good coverage and the squeeze tube is nice.