Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30
Added Highlight :Mac Studio Finsh Concealer  NC30

2.9

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Worth a try if you have dry to very dry skin. This is the first concealer I've ever used (and I've tried A LOT trying to solve this problem) where I didn't require an oily moisturiser (and I literally mean oil- like rosehip oil or similar) under it to avoid it sitting like dry plaster on my face. It provides light coverage so I found myself using quite a few dabs - I can see myself running through a tube much faster than I would a foundation. I�m just so astonished it doesn't look "cakey" on my skin. I've used Dior Capture Totale- which retails for $145 a bottle in AUS, Loreal True Match and a host of others and always found I had to add a tonne of moisturiser first to make it look dewy or not "stick" to my skin and look dry. Perhaps there are better bb creams out there, but I am pleased with this one. I agree with another reviewer who said if you're pale don't get "Light" but get the next one up "Light Medium". Light, while it does match fair skin, makes me look almost ghost-like. L/M isn't an exact match for light skin, but it adds only a little bit of extra colour without any yellowing or even the dreaded "oranging" effect. Like another reviewer said- with their helpful pics- after 3-4 hours it does tend to leave an oily or shiny reside on the skin (so I removed one lippie) but it isn't bad enough to discourage me from wearing this. Break out the testers and have a play!

EDIT: This product is just too greasy! I bought quite a few tubes before admitting it just went greasy and shiny too fast. I stopped using it and won't be going back again!

on 7/7/2014 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Is this even a BB cream? Is it even a tinted moisturizer? Nope! It's neither of those things. When I applied the bb cream, it was just sheer, shiny and definitely didn't do anything for me. I kept thinking it's just needs another chance but nothing changed. I brought the light shade and yes, there's a teeny tint but nothing compare to the other bb creams. Only good thing out of this product is the sunblock.

I really wanted to try a bb cream, and wanted one with as much coverage as possible, kind of like a foundation, but without the foundation look/feel. MUA reviews made me think this was the one--drugstore wise.
This was not the one.

Super greasy makeupy feel. I felt like i had to keep washing my hands after I touched my face, and after a few hours the formula totally melted on my face and became blotchy. Also, kind of orange, and I have fair complexion, so I bought the light.

Did nothing for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Bit of a mixed bag. I purchased this because it has a mineral SPF 30 and found a shade light enough for my fair skin (010, fair).

Pros
- Gentle formula, fragrance free and one of few cheaper bb creams with a mineral SPF 30
- Beautiful, light neutral colour. One of the few bb creams I have tried that are light enough.
- silky, creamy consistency, not too thick, blends easily
- I like the simple packaging, the lid is also tight enough so you don't get a messy splatter of product at any time
- Price

CONS
- very sheer coverage for my liking. Did not do a good job of covering my red areas, especially around the nose, chin.
- The finish looked too shiny. I have dry/combination skin. If you have sensitive and very dry skin, and don't mind extremely sheer coverage, you will probably love this.

I will continue to use till I run out but won't be repurchasing.

on 9/19/2013 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great bb cream for those who are very fair and yellow toned (pale 001) and if you have had no luck with any other commonly available creams in regards to colour (most are very orange or much too dark) you may be very pleased with this product. As will you be if like me you have normal/dry skin and find all the oily/combo creams far too drying. I use this over my regular moisturiser and it doesn't highlight any dry patches or flakes. It has an spf of 30 which I would give it an extra lippy for alone. When first applying it can look a bit streaky but bear with it while it warms up it will soon blend in like a dream within a few seconds with the heat of your skin and it only improves during the day - apply in the morning and late in the afternoon I look in the mirror and it still looks perfect. Really covers minor imperfections without looking like you are wearing anything - glowy and fresh looking without being greasy. Covers pores like a dream. Truly one of the best BB creams I have tried and definitely my most favourite makeup of all-time the shade and texture are just perfect for me.

on 6/18/2013 12:11:00 PM

i love that this gives me a medium coverage. bought the lightest shade and i build up the amount.
you only need to use your fingers for application.
i read some of the reviews and you could use it with a stippling brush. i will try that. (thanks for the tip!)
it has spf30, which is great because i am often out and about under the sun. for the price i pay, i feel that it is worth it especially with its coverage (for me at least).

yes it does feel slightly greasy but ive learnt that after application of powder, the greasy feel diminishes. (but it still makes my skin oily after a few hours)

i have a feeling that this tube can last me for 3-months since a little goes a long way with this one.

i recommend people to try it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had high hopes but I'm not a fan. I really like Skin79 BB creams and this is the first American version I have tried. It offers very, very little in the way of coverage and not much moisture, either. I use it as a primer for other foundations and it is just okay in that capacity. I don't find it impressive in any way and would not repurchase.

on 5/4/2013 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Not my idea of what an American BB cream should be. Too oily and thick... goes on more like makeup than it does a moisturizer. Doesn't moisturize very well, either, and leaves behind a horrible, shiny finish that makes you look like you've been sweating all day. Also, the ingredients tend to encourage acne breakouts. Bought this BOGO, and still feel like it was a waste of money....

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have dry skin so extra moisture is always a plus but this particular BB Cream feels and looks like I have had a major oil spill on my skin. My skin looked and felt very oily. Even with dry skin the formula of this cream was much too rich and photo ready I was not because my skin was shining like a beacon. The only way this would be wearable would be with an extra powder and I feel that if you need the extra powder you should save your money for a foundation or a high end BB Cream where you will have a nicer finish.

This BB Cream had no staying power. Only a couple hours later the cream had wore off. This was even with powder. Also the little powder I used gave it a cakey look. The coverage was what one would expect for a tinted moisturizer. I choose the lightest shade and found it still too yellow. I paid $12 for this product and I do feel that $12 was too much. I think $8 or below would have been more reasonable. Most products I buy are higher or high end. At $12 with tax it came to about $14. For the quality of the product I would have rather put my money towards something else. This product is awful. Truly awful.

on 4/25/2013 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

First off, let me say that this product might be wonderful for those without skin problems, but unfortunately, I have a special kind of skin issue that makes buying things on a whim an absolute nightmare. My face is extremely sensitive and prone to rosacea outbursts (mild to moderate; its mostly just goes irritatingly pink, but it occasionally reacts terribly and blisters). It had been a while since a flare-up, and I use this brand for my foundations (colorstay), so I thought I'd do what I never do, and just give it a go ($8 Kroger sale was a big factor).

However, it did nothing but confirm my fear of change.

First, it went on grease-tacular and stayed pretty slick all day. I have a slightly oily t-zone, but the rest of my face is pretty normal, and it just felt WET all day. The coverage was all right, although the color ran dark. It burned upon first application, but I live in Texas and confused the stinging eyes/burning skin as a sign of just being outside. It wasn't until I got home and wiped it off that I realized the extent of the damage.

I put this on at noon today, wiped it off at 5. Its now midnight, and my face STILL stings. I have a few telltale bumps just begging to turn into little, shiny monsters tomorrow. Any contact to my skin is painful, and my under eye area has swollen up enough to give me a droopy-eyed, half sedated look. Luckily I had a bottle of prosacea laying around for my occasional hormonal acne spots, and the redness is just now turning into a lightly sunburned shade, rather than the violent red it had been ever since I took it off.

I dont particularly blame the formula, as I can just be ridiculously sensitive, but to anyone that has any similar issues, DONT DO IT. You face will thank you for deciding against extreme torture.