Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

2.6

on 3/25/2017 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Far far far too sheer for me. Gives basically no coverage, yet somehow leaves orange spots on my skin even though it's the correct colour. Smells odd, the only thing I like about this product is the packaging. Wasn't worth the money at all.

on 11/10/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with a lot of the reviews here re: the dewiness of this product. To me it feels a lot like a sunscreen when applied--i.e., it can look borderline greasy when first rubbed on, but once it sinks in, it is super moisturizing and gives a nice glow/sheen to the skin.

As a result, it's probably not suitable in the summer months for those of us, myself included, who tend to get oily--or at least it's not suitable without a hefty primer/powder, which sort of defeats the purpose of using a BB cream.

However, it has been looking *absolutely lovely* on my current slightly-dry autumn skin, and I will definitely continue using it into the winter, when my skin gets its driest/flakiest. I have to change up my skincare seasonally anyway, so makeup tends to follow suit. It has light coverage that is almost imperceptible, doesn't cling to flaky patches, and lasts a decently long time. It also blends beautifully; I just apply with fingers, because using a damp sponge/Beauty Blender would make it way too "wet." (And a little goes a long way--if you end up overapplying, just buff it in with a brush and you'll be fine.) My shade, Light, is also a great color match for me, especially since a lot of the drugstore BB's I've tried tend to pull orange on me (not because they oxidize, they're just...orange).

The packaging is great. Squeeze tubes FTW, and I love that you can see the shade of the product through the tube.

This is a really solid drugstore BB, which I will definitely repurchase if I don't find anything better. Just don't expect it to be matte, since it is anything but. And get it on sale with a coupon if you can!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

When I first bought this BB cream and started using it, I was in LOVE with it. It gave me the perfect amount of coverage and it looked like nothing was on my skin. But a week into owning it, the product started separate so that there was a weird oil that would come out with the product. I continued using it thinking it would get better, but it became so bad that I had to squeeze for a minute for all the liquid to come out and eventually, the liquid became purple which is when I knew I had to toss

Well this product was pretty expensive for a bb cream, about $13. But I heard good things about it so I thought I should try it out. It smells like sunscreen but that doesn't bother me. The reason I tried out this bb cream is because reviews said it has good coverage. This stuff has absolutely no coverage. I have very light freckles on my face and every other bb cream I've used has at least covered my freckles, this didn't do anything besides leave a tint on my face. I like the dewy finish. But this product is absolutely not worth the money.

on 1/27/2015 1:05:00 AM

I can't even finish the tube of this makeup. First of all, it smells like straight up sun screen. It doesn't blend and feels greasy. It doesn't last very long through the day. Every time I try to give it another try, I'm always disgusted. The only good thing that I have to say about it is that it matches my fair skin tone pretty well, which is rare for me.

Bought it because I was sleeping over a friend's house for a New Year's Party and forgot to bring my foundation. Chose this product because I saw that there was a special buy 1 get 1 free sale. My first use did not impress me as I was more used to using foundations and tried to use it in the same way as a foundation - it didn't work because a BB cream doesn't have the creaminess and level of coverage you would get with a foundation. However, my other applications for my everyday makeup is very good.

1) Blendability: decent blendability, applied well either with fingers or a damp beauty blender. Can be a tiny bit flaky but not so much.

2) Provides a good base and adhesive for powders, blushes and highlighters - these products stay on the whole day after using this BB cream!

3) Coverage: not recommended for those still battling with acne. I have acne-prone skin but my priority is maintaining and ensuring that my skin is blemish free so this serves better for adhesive purposes and evening out skin tones rather than covering your skin.

4) Colour: I like the light colour, a lot of BB creams I find in Beauty Supply stores here are too dark for me.

5) How it feels: light weight and not pore-clogging.

Excellent product for everyday makeup application!

on 6/4/2014 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My biggest problem is that they need a lighter color, as with most drugstore foundation lines. The lightest color is a dark on me, but once it's blended out really well, down the neck, etc, it looks decent. I use my Pixi flawless primer under this and set it with the Laura Mercier loose powder. It looks really natural, and sinks into the skin. My boyfriend thought I wasn't wearing makeup one day when I was wearing it which was kind of cool. This is what I wear to class to keep it simple and quick. It wears pretty well throughout the day.
I probably wouldn't repurchase this simply because of the color issue.

on 4/10/2014 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Whenever I buy something without checking MUA reviews I live to regret it.
I am very pale - ivory/buff in CS, vanilla in PR - and I bought this in Light. My skin is moderately oily w/ multiple break outs. I've been feeling a bit mask-y lately so I tried this during a BOGO 50% off when I bought more CS.

It initially applied ok and match wasn't horrific. There was more coverage than i expected too; b/t light and med but a little closer to the light end.

By the time I finished getting ready for work I had to repowder myself. Twice. And the original powdering was pretty intense. I quickly turned orange and incredibly shiny throughout the day. My face has never been so reflective. And this stuff also melted through my super strong concealer. I hate to think how terrifying it wd have been without mattifier underneath.

Never done it before but I'm returning this to CVS. Total fail Revlon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Good for people with dry skin! Not for oily skin people!