REVLON Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

REVLON Photoready BB Cream SPF 30
Added Highlight :Mac Studio Finsh Concealer  NC30

3.3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this is definitely one of the better US drugstore BB Creams, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to be a Holy Grail product for someone with oily skin. My skin is oily but due to the cold winter weather, is slightly dehydrated, so I'm really enjoying this product this winter. When the humid summer rolls back around however, I don't think it'll get as much love from me as it currently is.
First of all shade match - I was very worried that the lightest shade would be too dark for me, as that has been the case with a few BB Creams I've tried in the past (Garnier & Dr.Jart WaterFuse for example) but to my delight the lightest shade is an ideal match for my very pale, neutral leaning warm undertoned skin (I'd be somewhere between shades N10 and NC15 if I wore MAC)
Next onto the price & packaging - I do feel that it's a tad on the pricey side for "drugstore", but Revlon is one of the more expensive drugstore brands in general, and their foundations are typically more expensive than any of the others.
I paid just under $11 USD at my local Walgreens. &The packaging, it's so sleek, I really like it! A silver tube with a flat black cap.
The product itself is SO soft! I wanted to rub it all over my hands so I would quit touching my face! I still can't believe how soft this stuff makes my face feel :) I also have very acne/clog-prone skin &was quite worried I may end up with a break out from this. Usually anything that feels nice, soft, and silky (like this) ends up giving me a mountain of clogged pores or a straight up acne flare up. So I patch tested this product on my forehead for almost 2 weeks before I built up the nerve to use it all over my face (I'm a wuss, I know lol) &Now I'm disappointed that I didn't try it sooner! I'm that impressed.
Like said above, my skin is oily, but I use a few BHA & AHA treatments a week which tend to dry out my skin ever so slightly, especially during the winter. When my skin is feeling especially dry(dehydrated), I apply this and any dry patches or flakes are gone. With that being said I do typically need to blot after 5-6 hours of wear. Which isn't terrible (it's not like, sliding off my face or anything like that, just a little extra oily, specifically in my Tzone area) -but an oily Tzone isn't something that is typical for me this time of year. Blotting is usually something that I only need to do during the summer/warmer months so that is why I'm thinking that when the humid Pennsylvania summer comes back around I won't be able to wear it very long at all without having to blot, which will in turn most likely turn me away from it in general.. BUT, that's totally OK because I really needed something lightweight & moisturizing for winter. It makes me crazy when foundations or TM's enhance any dry patches (even if my dry patches are self-inflicted from dehydrating my skin with AHA/BHA) But knowing that I can rely on this to diminish those dry areas that I have from time to time is refreshing to know.
It is a very light coverage product which is ideal for daily wear since at this time I only have some minor discoloration to hide. For days when I need a more polished look(medium-to-full coverage) I can layer this with another light-medium coverage product to get that effect (I've already used Clinique Perfectly Real Powder Foundation & Maybelline PureStay Powder Foundation over this.) Both successfully creating full coverage for me.
Overall I'm quite pleased and plan to continue use for as long as I can, or as long as my oily skin will allow without getting "messy" oily ;) I've been highly recommending this left and right, especially to those with dry or dehydrated skin.
In my personal opinion, PhotoReady BB Cream is definitely a hit from Revlon and I do plan to repurchase, even if I'm only able to use it during winter, it's nice to know that I have around for that purpose :)

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

well i can't say whether or not that is a great BB cream, but it sure makes for a great tinted moisturizer. i've been looking for a dupe for the nars pure radiant tinted moisturizer. i'm out of it & didn't want to pay the $42. (it didn't even last me long at all before running out.) this doesn't give as much coverage or have the lasting power of the garnier bb cream (original and oil free), but it does have nice coverage for evening skin tone. (runs darker than my nars in st moritz which was the perfect match but it works.) this does a nice job of evening skin tone and covers quite well. not as sheer as alot of tinted face products. spf 30 is great too. this feels really soft and makes my skin feel smooth. blends like a moisturizer. doesn't feel greasy. i have combo skin (drier forehead and cheeks, oily t zone) and this didn't make me oily or greasy. i set this with mac studio careblend powder for a little more coverage. I've had this on for 10 1/2 hours, and it's still wearing quiet nicely. this gives a natural "my skin only better" look. amazing. i am a fan of the revlon photoready airbrush foundation, which i've used since it came out. i think this is another great product from revlon. (i used the colorstay before & liked it as well.) i used a $2 off coupon from the paper and received 20% off at rite aid. this was about $8.99 at walmart. $10.99 at rite aid, but i paid $6.59 with my discounts.
like i said im not sure if it has all of the magic skin care properties of a bb cream, but it makes for a darn good tinted moisturizer!

btw: this runs dark. i'm nc40 in mac studio fix fluid and nw40 in studio sculpt foundations, and i wear medium in this (which is a tiny bit darker than my skin, but it works for me.) (i wear medium/deep in garnier.) i suggest going a shade down. also there are no sparkles in this like in the other photoready foundations.

on 2/25/2013 7:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So first off ill say this stuff is expensive! 17 dollars at walmart and 20 dollars in a drugstore! CND. The drugstore brands have been coming out with so many new products i had a huge list of what i wanted to try, this being one of them. I finally picked it up even though it was hard for me to buy it because of the price, but i did. This bb cream is thick and it applies nicely. It really evens everything out, as many people say that drugstore bb creams are more just like a tinted moisturizer. This one goes on with some coverage and its nice when u dont want to wear foundation, im the type of person that i love my foundations and i dont want to wear anything else but out of all of the drugstore bb creams ive tried i like this the best because of the coverage it provides. I will repurchase just because like i said i like the coverage and i like the lightweight feel to it and i forget im wearing anything.Its also very moisturizing for my skin plus it has sunscreen so its perfect for the summer. I dont know if anyone else has noticed but this stuff reminds me of the Hardcandy tinted moisturizer a lot! the texture, smell, and coverage and i really enjoyed it but sadly they had discontinued it. Anyways yes despite the price i would repurchase for the summer!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Bought this with a coupon and a rebate so the total price was $3.99 from CVS. It does even out my skin tone (got 010 Light Pale) and it does make my pores SEEM less noticeable. Does leave a slightly greasy residue on my skin but if its as moisturizing as it claims, then I'm ok with it. I bought it to wear on days where true foundation isn't needed, mostly so I can let my skin have a break and breathe. I'll update this review if anything changes. So far, nothing to really rave about. But for $3.99 -- I'm happy with the product!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Lovely BB cream! It's super blendable and has the prettiest finish; satin, or dewy depending on skintype. This product gives you flawless-looking skin, not flawless foundation, truly photo-ready. It's rich, duluxe texture and the way it looks sheer yet covers everything sufficiently is comparable to TheBalm's Balm Shelter TM (my HG tinted moisturizer).Though I do wish the shade selection was better (I have to mix Light-Medium and Medium in winter), the packaging is sleek. Will repurchase.

on 4/19/2013 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first ever BB cream, and my first foray back into liquid foundation after being a BE mineral makeup advocate for years.

I felt as though my mineral makeup looked contrived and chalky, wasn't lasting long, and may have something to do with breakouts. I put it aside and picked up the light/medium shade to try, knowing full well it has silicone and would break me out.

After three days and comments from my mother about how great my skin looked, I assessed the "damage": better moisture, fewer breakouts, no worse lasting power. I continued use, and the effect was the same.

I never thought my mineral, "natural", makeup was breaking me out, but after researching, maybe it was. Or maybe I am blessed enough that the silicone in this does not block my pores but protects other unwanted things from entering them.

Whatever the reason, I enjoy this. I need natural, professional coverage by day, lasting wear as I work outside, and a decent price point. This meets those needs. It looks dewy, and helps concealer blend. It does not cover everything, nor is it supposed to, but for the SPF, I forgive that. As it has improved my frequency of breakouts, I can't fault it for not completely covering old blemish marks. I have had to begin using setting powder (mineral veil), to keep it lasting longer.

I tend to be between fair and light, and mixing the two lower shades renders the perfect shade for me ( light is too pale, light/med too orange on cheeks). I notice some separation by end of day, especially with regards to cheeks and blush. But for the moisture and natural finish (at first), I am pleased with this and haven't touched my BE since.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I bought this a couple weeks ago when it was 40% off at Ulta, which made it about $6-something. I was almost out of my usual light-coverage makeup (Lorac, LOVE) and decided to try something cheap on a whim. I'm glad I did!

I have slightly dry, sensitive skin with no major breakouts, and have been trying to use as little "gunk" on it as possible to keep it clear and healthy. I've been sticking to higher-end face products for the last several years (after lots of grief and error with drugstore stuff in my teens), but I took a risk with this one and was pleasantly surprised; it hasn't made me break out yet, and I've been using it every day for about two weeks; the coverage is decent for a moisturizer (which is basically what it is); and the color ("light") looks perfect and natural on my pale Irish/Nordic skin. I wouldn't wear this to "go out" or if I had to look flawless, but it's a nice step up from no makeup at all and is extremely quick to apply.

In sum: this is not a "foundation" if you need solid coverage, and it's not for those with greasy or oily skin at all. It's basically a tinted moisturizer with a bit better coverage than most. If you don't wear a lot of makeup, or have dry skin and want something to even out coloring/add color to your face on "lazy" days, this is good and cheap and easy.

on 5/4/2013 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Not my idea of what an American BB cream should be. Too oily and thick... goes on more like makeup than it does a moisturizer. Doesn't moisturize very well, either, and leaves behind a horrible, shiny finish that makes you look like you've been sweating all day. Also, the ingredients tend to encourage acne breakouts. Bought this BOGO, and still feel like it was a waste of money....

on 5/17/2013 11:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

About me- 44 yrs old, lily white/ultra fair coloring, neutral to cool undertones, combination, sensitive skin. BB creams have been hit or miss for me, mostly due to shade selection (or lack there of) and/or the finish of the product isn't what I want. I decided to give this one a shot and at first, I didn't really like it. I had been using Palmer's BB cream, which had become my favorite, but I find that it can be dry and can cake a bit, although the ingredients are exceptional. I have also liked the Maybelline BB cream for its "luminous" finish and that it didn't really cause me much oiliness however, it has almost no coverage while the Palmer's has a bit more. My skin had become drier over the winter and I had started using a facial oil which I love and have seen major skin improvement from using. After starting with the facial oil, I began to have issues with using any type of base product as they either separate on the skin or become very oily or both, even the 2 previously mentioned BB creams, even though the face oil sinks into my skin completely. I pulled the Revlon BB back out and tried it again. I have found this to work the best over the face oil and now I love this product! It seems to have more coverage than most without caking up or separating. It is thicker than the Maybelline but not as thick feeling as the Palmer's. It seems to ahve more coverage than tinted moisturizers as well but hydrates as well as TM's. The bonus of having an SPF 30 is fantastic as the face oil has none and I use it daily as my moisturizer. For the most part, my skin is pretty clear and even, with the occasional breakout, and some redness around my nose. This product gives me enough coverage to even out my skin, gives a luminous finish that is not as shimmery as the Maybelline (more "healthy glow"), doesn't irritate my skin or cause me to breakout. Anything it doesn't completely cover, I can hit with a concealor. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for sheer coverage, with good SPF. One note- please keep in mind that BB creams are not full coverage foundations nor are they a complete skincare product either. Know what to expect from what you're buying and there will be less disappointment!

on 7/7/2013 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product is a MESS if you have oily or combination skin, or even if you have normal skin but you're in a hot and humid climate. Honestly, I would not recommend this to anyone except someone with absolutely flawless skin who just wants to put a product on for the hell of it and doesn't need any coverage or staying power.

I've tried applying this with my fingers, with a brush, with a sponge and every time it feels like the product sits on top of my skin. The second I go outside it feels like it's melting off almost immediately, even applied with primer, setting powder or both. It also makes your face SO SHINY and because of this it really accentuates pores.

The coverage on this wears out after about an hour and just leaves a shiny mess all over your face. I like that is has SPF, but when it slides all over your skin and wears off quickly I doubt it gives that much actual sun protection.

The market is saturated with all different BB and CC creams, it's not hard to find something that performs better than this!