REVLON Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

Added Highlight :Mac Studio Finsh Concealer  NC30

3.5

on 2/23/2015 9:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I wasn't going to review this to be honest. I bought it about a year ago used it a few times and didn't like it. I tossed it in a drawer to forget about it but then recently my skin has changed. Either from the very cold weather or maybe age has my skin turning from super oily to combination, I'm not sure what's going on yet. What I do know is my old BB cream wasn't working for the dryness my skin is experiencing. So I dug this out and decided to give it another go. I'd tried moisturizers, exfoliating, AHAs but nothing was making my BB cream look better on my flaky skin. This BB cream looks good on my combo skin, the dry areas don't look dry, the coverage isn't great but it hides what I need it to. I hate the consistency of this, it's weirdly thin and almost oily. I top it with Estee Lauder Lucidity powder and it looks great. I recommend this for anyone who isn't super oily and has some stubborn dry areas. Would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Worth a try if you have dry to very dry skin. This is the first concealer I've ever used (and I've tried A LOT trying to solve this problem) where I didn't require an oily moisturiser (and I literally mean oil- like rosehip oil or similar) under it to avoid it sitting like dry plaster on my face. It provides light coverage so I found myself using quite a few dabs - I can see myself running through a tube much faster than I would a foundation. I�m just so astonished it doesn't look "cakey" on my skin. I've used Dior Capture Totale- which retails for $145 a bottle in AUS, Loreal True Match and a host of others and always found I had to add a tonne of moisturiser first to make it look dewy or not "stick" to my skin and look dry. Perhaps there are better bb creams out there, but I am pleased with this one. I agree with another reviewer who said if you're pale don't get "Light" but get the next one up "Light Medium". Light, while it does match fair skin, makes me look almost ghost-like. L/M isn't an exact match for light skin, but it adds only a little bit of extra colour without any yellowing or even the dreaded "oranging" effect. Like another reviewer said- with their helpful pics- after 3-4 hours it does tend to leave an oily or shiny reside on the skin (so I removed one lippie) but it isn't bad enough to discourage me from wearing this. Break out the testers and have a play!

EDIT: This product is just too greasy! I bought quite a few tubes before admitting it just went greasy and shiny too fast. I stopped using it and won't be going back again!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I bought this a couple weeks ago when it was 40% off at Ulta, which made it about $6-something. I was almost out of my usual light-coverage makeup (Lorac, LOVE) and decided to try something cheap on a whim. I'm glad I did!

I have slightly dry, sensitive skin with no major breakouts, and have been trying to use as little "gunk" on it as possible to keep it clear and healthy. I've been sticking to higher-end face products for the last several years (after lots of grief and error with drugstore stuff in my teens), but I took a risk with this one and was pleasantly surprised; it hasn't made me break out yet, and I've been using it every day for about two weeks; the coverage is decent for a moisturizer (which is basically what it is); and the color ("light") looks perfect and natural on my pale Irish/Nordic skin. I wouldn't wear this to "go out" or if I had to look flawless, but it's a nice step up from no makeup at all and is extremely quick to apply.

In sum: this is not a "foundation" if you need solid coverage, and it's not for those with greasy or oily skin at all. It's basically a tinted moisturizer with a bit better coverage than most. If you don't wear a lot of makeup, or have dry skin and want something to even out coloring/add color to your face on "lazy" days, this is good and cheap and easy.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this is definitely one of the better US drugstore BB Creams, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to be a Holy Grail product for someone with oily skin. My skin is oily but due to the cold winter weather, is slightly dehydrated, so I'm really enjoying this product this winter. When the humid summer rolls back around however, I don't think it'll get as much love from me as it currently is.
First of all shade match - I was very worried that the lightest shade would be too dark for me, as that has been the case with a few BB Creams I've tried in the past (Garnier & Dr.Jart WaterFuse for example) but to my delight the lightest shade is an ideal match for my very pale, neutral leaning warm undertoned skin (I'd be somewhere between shades N10 and NC15 if I wore MAC)
Next onto the price & packaging - I do feel that it's a tad on the pricey side for "drugstore", but Revlon is one of the more expensive drugstore brands in general, and their foundations are typically more expensive than any of the others.
I paid just under $11 USD at my local Walgreens. &The packaging, it's so sleek, I really like it! A silver tube with a flat black cap.
The product itself is SO soft! I wanted to rub it all over my hands so I would quit touching my face! I still can't believe how soft this stuff makes my face feel :) I also have very acne/clog-prone skin &was quite worried I may end up with a break out from this. Usually anything that feels nice, soft, and silky (like this) ends up giving me a mountain of clogged pores or a straight up acne flare up. So I patch tested this product on my forehead for almost 2 weeks before I built up the nerve to use it all over my face (I'm a wuss, I know lol) &Now I'm disappointed that I didn't try it sooner! I'm that impressed.
Like said above, my skin is oily, but I use a few BHA & AHA treatments a week which tend to dry out my skin ever so slightly, especially during the winter. When my skin is feeling especially dry(dehydrated), I apply this and any dry patches or flakes are gone. With that being said I do typically need to blot after 5-6 hours of wear. Which isn't terrible (it's not like, sliding off my face or anything like that, just a little extra oily, specifically in my Tzone area) -but an oily Tzone isn't something that is typical for me this time of year. Blotting is usually something that I only need to do during the summer/warmer months so that is why I'm thinking that when the humid Pennsylvania summer comes back around I won't be able to wear it very long at all without having to blot, which will in turn most likely turn me away from it in general.. BUT, that's totally OK because I really needed something lightweight & moisturizing for winter. It makes me crazy when foundations or TM's enhance any dry patches (even if my dry patches are self-inflicted from dehydrating my skin with AHA/BHA) But knowing that I can rely on this to diminish those dry areas that I have from time to time is refreshing to know.
It is a very light coverage product which is ideal for daily wear since at this time I only have some minor discoloration to hide. For days when I need a more polished look(medium-to-full coverage) I can layer this with another light-medium coverage product to get that effect (I've already used Clinique Perfectly Real Powder Foundation & Maybelline PureStay Powder Foundation over this.) Both successfully creating full coverage for me.
Overall I'm quite pleased and plan to continue use for as long as I can, or as long as my oily skin will allow without getting "messy" oily ;) I've been highly recommending this left and right, especially to those with dry or dehydrated skin.
In my personal opinion, PhotoReady BB Cream is definitely a hit from Revlon and I do plan to repurchase, even if I'm only able to use it during winter, it's nice to know that I have around for that purpose :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials