Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

Added Highlight :Mac Studio Finsh Concealer  NC30

2.8

on 5/31/2017 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was in the market for a new BB cream, but I wanted to find one in the mass section as I didn't want to spend that much. This one attracted me due to the SPF 30. Usually, I find BB creams in general have a lot of coverage. This one doesn't though. This is a lighter weight BB cream, almost sheer like. It won't cover anything major, but it imparts a dewy finish. For what I spent, I'm not upset at all.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really wanted to love this product simply because it had SPF 30. Unfortunately, I just can't. The cream doesn't tend to stay in place because it's very slick so not only is your face oily all day, but there's less than light coverage. Unless you hit a lot of super dry patches, it won't stay. I did like another reviewer's comment on how she spackles this on fine lines & wrinkles. I agree that this is perfect for those areas (i.e. under eyes) - building coverage while getting a super charge of all day moisturizing. But for an all over BB cream which is meant to cut down time on a makeup routine, this isn't the product you should be using. I'm a MAC NC25 with yellow undertones & used the light/medium shade.

on 8/27/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've been trying unsuccessfully to wear this over the past few months, but I'm always disappointed. As others said, it feels greasy. I have dry skin and prefer a dewy finish, but the formula is not good at all. The coverage is light, but I don't mind that. The real problem is that a few minutes after I apply, it turns blotchy, especially on my forehead. I've tried applying it with a foundation brush and my fingers and both look awful. I used to use Korean brand BB creams but thought I could try an American brand which might match my skin a little better and be less grey, but this BB cream is no good.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I was really excited to try this and just feel totally let down. I got the 'Light' shade as I'm quite fair. I have a yellow skin tone so was very disappointed when I squeezed the product out and it was very pink toned. I don't like the way it separates in the tube. No amount of shaking can mix it back together, so when you squeeze out the product you firstly get a massive amount of an oily substance that comes out first. I don't know whether this is the SPF coming out or what but it's very annoying. And this happens every time I go to use it. It's very oily and makes my skin look shiny/wet which I hate. I like a matte finish. I don't like the smell either. All in all its just plain rubbish. One of the dearest I've bought and one if the worst! Coverage is very poor.

on 11/10/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with a lot of the reviews here re: the dewiness of this product. To me it feels a lot like a sunscreen when applied--i.e., it can look borderline greasy when first rubbed on, but once it sinks in, it is super moisturizing and gives a nice glow/sheen to the skin.

As a result, it's probably not suitable in the summer months for those of us, myself included, who tend to get oily--or at least it's not suitable without a hefty primer/powder, which sort of defeats the purpose of using a BB cream.

However, it has been looking *absolutely lovely* on my current slightly-dry autumn skin, and I will definitely continue using it into the winter, when my skin gets its driest/flakiest. I have to change up my skincare seasonally anyway, so makeup tends to follow suit. It has light coverage that is almost imperceptible, doesn't cling to flaky patches, and lasts a decently long time. It also blends beautifully; I just apply with fingers, because using a damp sponge/Beauty Blender would make it way too "wet." (And a little goes a long way--if you end up overapplying, just buff it in with a brush and you'll be fine.) My shade, Light, is also a great color match for me, especially since a lot of the drugstore BB's I've tried tend to pull orange on me (not because they oxidize, they're just...orange).

The packaging is great. Squeeze tubes FTW, and I love that you can see the shade of the product through the tube.

This is a really solid drugstore BB, which I will definitely repurchase if I don't find anything better. Just don't expect it to be matte, since it is anything but. And get it on sale with a coupon if you can!

Being a fan of Revlon's other Photoready Foundations I wanted to give this one a try. My skin can be extra dry in the winter and need a little extra moisture and thought this might help do the trick. Well the moisture was definitely there and made my face feel less dry. However it was almost too much. Coming from someone who has very dry skin it's hard to even fathom saying that but I felt like my face was overly shiny and greasy after I put it on. I felt like I HAD to use a powder on top of it not just to set it but cause it was just too greasy. It did not blend very well and I had to put a lot on to get the coverage I wanted. I often will use my foundation as an eye shadow primer when I am out of it and have no issue doing so. This stuff however made it so that my eyeliner didn't want to stick to my lids so I could not use it as a back up. I am not a fan of foundations that if I barely touch my face it comes off on my hand, my phone etc. This foundation does that. Also if you are wondering about the consistency... it comes out sortof like a very watered down sunscreen. Smells like it as well. So atleast you know the sunscreen they promise is in it. I love Revlon but this one I won't be buying again.

on 2/23/2015 9:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I wasn't going to review this to be honest. I bought it about a year ago used it a few times and didn't like it. I tossed it in a drawer to forget about it but then recently my skin has changed. Either from the very cold weather or maybe age has my skin turning from super oily to combination, I'm not sure what's going on yet. What I do know is my old BB cream wasn't working for the dryness my skin is experiencing. So I dug this out and decided to give it another go. I'd tried moisturizers, exfoliating, AHAs but nothing was making my BB cream look better on my flaky skin. This BB cream looks good on my combo skin, the dry areas don't look dry, the coverage isn't great but it hides what I need it to. I hate the consistency of this, it's weirdly thin and almost oily. I top it with Estee Lauder Lucidity powder and it looks great. I recommend this for anyone who isn't super oily and has some stubborn dry areas. Would repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not a fan.
This did nothing for my skin at all. Barely there coverage. It was streaky with a brush, not good with a beauty blender, with fingers it was best but not buildable enough and looked just not right. I like that the medium was not light or too dark but something just seemed off about it. I looked sickly when ever I used this. Maybe it is too olive toned???
It wore off pretty quick also and accentuated pores.
The only thing I liked about it was the texture on my skin. It was not too heavy or greasy. Once set with powder it felt nice and I did not get oily!! Woohoo BUT I looked a mess lol.
I looked sick, Looked like I had no coverage for the marks on my skin which are light by the way Not sure if it made me look green or gray but it made me look sick. Just terrible.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Worth a try if you have dry to very dry skin. This is the first concealer I've ever used (and I've tried A LOT trying to solve this problem) where I didn't require an oily moisturiser (and I literally mean oil- like rosehip oil or similar) under it to avoid it sitting like dry plaster on my face. It provides light coverage so I found myself using quite a few dabs - I can see myself running through a tube much faster than I would a foundation. I�m just so astonished it doesn't look "cakey" on my skin. I've used Dior Capture Totale- which retails for $145 a bottle in AUS, Loreal True Match and a host of others and always found I had to add a tonne of moisturiser first to make it look dewy or not "stick" to my skin and look dry. Perhaps there are better bb creams out there, but I am pleased with this one. I agree with another reviewer who said if you're pale don't get "Light" but get the next one up "Light Medium". Light, while it does match fair skin, makes me look almost ghost-like. L/M isn't an exact match for light skin, but it adds only a little bit of extra colour without any yellowing or even the dreaded "oranging" effect. Like another reviewer said- with their helpful pics- after 3-4 hours it does tend to leave an oily or shiny reside on the skin (so I removed one lippie) but it isn't bad enough to discourage me from wearing this. Break out the testers and have a play!

EDIT: This product is just too greasy! I bought quite a few tubes before admitting it just went greasy and shiny too fast. I stopped using it and won't be going back again!

on 7/18/2014 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really didnt like this product. The cream didnt absorb into my skin and it just sets ontop looking shiny. Does not last long at all. I had better luck with Aveeno and Garnier BB creams.