Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 3/21/2017 12:04:00 PM

Clearly the packaging of this product is similar to the Liz Earl Cleanser but at a fraction of the price. This is the first time that I have used this product and can say that I would repurchase when it runs out. I use it 2/3 times a week and find that it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean after use. It has a thick but creamy consistence which doesn't bother me and I feel the thicker the consistency the more I feel the product works. It comes with a muslin cloth with works ok with the cleanser however I prefer to use a normal flannel. It has a slight smell to it but it has not irritated my skin (I have sensitive skin). I find that it takes off excess makeup and my skin feels fresh and clean after use. Overall I love this product, only thing I might change is the packaging, perhaps it could be better with a pump applicator.
I have a video review on this product here:

With its pale green packaging, this is unashamedly Superdrug’s answer to Liz Earle’s hot cloth cleanser! I must admit that I really don’t enjoy the scent as much as the Liz Earle version as it has more than a suggestion of shoe polish in my opinion! (hence one lippy deducted). However, the texture is very similar and for the price you really can’t go wrong if you are a fan of exfoliation with a muslin cloth which Superdrug also includes.

on 6/21/2016 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After using Liz Earl C&P I thought no product would match it..... until I found this. It's so much more creamy then Liz Earl and leaves my face nice and clean. Love it so much I have tried the whole range. My face is in the best condition ever that now I am able to just wear a BB cream in the day as I don't need heavy foundation. For the price its definitely worth a try! x

on 5/21/2016 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this stuff! It isn't an oily, balm cleanser like many "hot cloth" type cleansers- more creamy and lighter. And I prefer to take it off with an ordinary flannel instead of the slightly crappy muslin included in the pack. I quite like the smell- fresh, although maybe a little on the chemical side. But it takes all ur make up off well, and leaves my combo skin clean, soft and comfortable. I think it is a really excellent budget cleanser (and I am a bit of a cleanser addict!) -I would recommend.

on 7/17/2015 4:37:00 PM

As a true follower of Liz Earle c&p I was keen to try this and didn't expect much as nothing could compare to my beloved Liz E! I was pleasantly surprised! The packaging is a lot more flimsy and cheaper looking but the product was really good. I used it exactly how I would the c&p even though it says to apply to a wet face, I applied it dry. Every trace of make up was gone, and the Muslin cloth was actually really nice, I preferred it a bit more coarse than the actual Liz E one. The product is thick and creamy and feels lovely on your skin and smells lovely. It's missing the eucalyptus but to me that's a good thing. The only niggle is that it's not as moisturising as the c&p but I got a moisturiser from the same range and both came to 5.99, not bad at all! I will continue to use this daily and keep my Liz E for once a week luxury treatment. All in all I'm very happy with this alternative and it's unbelievable quality for the price. I'd recommend!!

on 4/13/2015 1:34:00 PM

Love this stuff!!

My lovely auntie bought me some, as part of a present package, this Christmas past, and although I've never been into cream cleansers for everyday use, and have always had an aversion to 'face flannels', I'm now addicted!

I had tried the Liz Earle hot cloth package that everyone raves about and it just didn't work for me but this stuff is amazing.

I'm using it in conjunction with a Superdrug moisturiser that I'm just about to review and - at 45 - my skin has probably never looked so good - more on the moisturiser review!

I loved the smell of the Radiant hot cloth cleanser at first sniff, then kind of went off it because I'm extremely averse to the smell of eugenol and I did wonder if this had some in it, but I got over that and I always want to have some of this stuff in my bathroom.
I lost the muslin cloth - I think our kitten might have nabbed it and hid it somewhere! - but a normal white face flannel is doing a very good job with this cleanser and I run it under v. hot water and get a little bit of a steam in as well.

Who needs to pay for 'facials', eh?!

xx

ps. I use this method every morning to 'wash my face' - rather than as a makeup remover. The odd time I wear makeup, I use a 'micellar' or bottle cream cleanser then rinse, or babywipes then rinse, to take that off.

on 6/29/2014 1:57:00 PM

Read all the glowing reports and thought I'd give it a go - plus it was on offer at 2.99.

All I can say is that it's a 'medium OK' as although it cleanses the skin, you still need to use an eyemakeup remover to get rid of mascara/dark pigment eyeshadow/liner.

Overall average, so I'm still searching for the one great wash-off cleanser.

I bought this product when I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish - and for me, this actually beats Liz Earle hands-own.

It has a nice thick, spreadable texture that feels soft and calming on the skin, and does a fantastic job of removing make-up, including heavy eye make-up and full foundation. It comes with a cloth, which is always handy, and buffs off nicely and cleanly with the cloth, without leaving any oily residue.

I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin, and this cleanser really does 'brighten' as it promises and has helped to reduce my acne as well as clearing/preventing blackheads. It's gentle, too - some brightening products can be harsh and over-exfoliating on the skin but not this one. Easily as good a cleanser three times the price - it's become a real favourite with me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've used this for a while and it is very good. It smells great first of all. It's very creamy and at first I thought it would clog my pores but it hasn't. I do still get spots but only when it's the time of the month. It's a lovely and very cheap product and I will definitely repurchase.

on 3/9/2013 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Having used Liz Earle's Cleanse and polish in the past and liked it i was looking for a comparable alternative after Liz Earle sold out to Avon Cosmetics.

So I picked this up in Superdrug recently, on offer at half price meaning it was only 2.99. I'm looking for a budget replacement for my Cleanse and Polish and this has been touted online as one very budget friendly option.

Initial signs are good; the cleanser is a nice thick, creamy consistency and smells great. The cloth which comes with the pack seems very similar to the ones I have from Liz Earle and the general feel of the product is not too far from Cleanse and Polish at all. After using it a few times I have found the cloth is quite a bit rougher than the LE ones I have, not necessarily a major down side but you can feel the difference in quality, the Superdrug cloth seems a little thinner and definitely slightly more scratchy on my face.

It certainly seems to do a good job of removing make up and cleansing my face, the one thing I did notice was that after I had used it my skin did feel a tiny bit tight and like I needed to put moisturiser on, often with Cleanse and Polish I almost forget to moisturise as my skin feels so nice and elastic right out of the shower. That is really the main difference I have found with these products other than the slightly rougher cloth.

If money were no object would I swap to this from Cleanse and Polish? Probably not, they're similar products with the Superdrug version being a tiny bit less brilliant for me whereas Cleanse and Polish really does tick all the boxes. Is it a great budget beauty item that I will continue to use and might buy again? Definitely, for the price this is a great cleanser and being reminded that you should apply a moisturiser after washing your face is no great downside, and it really does smell delicious.

So if you're in the market for a hot cloth cleanser and don't want to stretch to Liz Earle prices then this is a great little alternative to try out the technique and see if it's something you like.