Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Thierry Mugler  Alien Essence Absolue
Alien Essence Absolue

4.3

Yesss!!!!! This is elegant,white jasmine,ambery vanilla,without being sweet,it mixes very well,i dont like jasmine but this is so good guys!!best version of alien,well done mugler

on 3/21/2014 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

omg. I love this fragrance. beautiful. not as strong as alien. I layer it with vanilla oil to make it sweeter. my new favorite. Will buy over and over.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

First blast is Alien, though not as cold, plus either oud or benzoin. (It doesn't list oud, but I get some. Since I hate this note on me, I'm happy it doesn't last long.) This Alien-Oud stage is only a couple of minutes, on me.

Stage 2: the grape lightens and the oud-like bit is gone. Then it's like Alien, minus the coldness, plus some of the odd (but lovely) notes and feel of Poeme. It's not strong anymore, on me, but somewhere in the middle. This stage depends on the temperature outside and my mood, but it's not super long ~ 15-30 minutes, tops. (To be fair, let me say that my skin eats perfume. Your mileage may vary.)

Stage 3 (the most beautiful, the longest, and ~ sadly ~ the quietest: it's almost like a (soft) floral version of the original Hypnotic Poison. I'm talking super duper soft. Maybe a hair more vanilla. I get a little smoke (what I assume is the incense). I wish I got lots of incense. It might just me be, again.

It stays this way ~ a soft, ever so slightly powdery, slightly smoky, floral HP ~ for a few hours. It wears SUPER close to my skin/has almost no sillage on me. Oddly enough, I never got and never get a root beer note in HP (I have the original gangster), but I do get it here, for a minute.

This would be HG material for me (and may still be ~ I am going back and forth) if A. it didn't come off as oud on me, even for a minute, and B. it were stronger and had more incense. Because, for real, this drydown is .To.Die.For.

Alien (original edp) is not a "safe" scent by any stretch of the imagination, to me. It's electric purple, and cold as ice. It never warms up on me, though the fizzy jasmine trail it leaves is Super Sexy.

This is much safer. It's "prettier" (conventionally, I guess I mean...?), but not as interesting as the original.

I'll probably still wear this one more, as I only loved Alien's trail...

Adding: I agree with the melting chocolate the other reviewer mentioned! YESSS!!! This is in Stage 3. :~)

Popular Fragrances