Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue

Thierry Mugler  Alien Essence Absolue
Alien Essence Absolue

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Sadly this one didn't work for me and I have already tossed it. Here are my thoughts. First of all, whatever you do, DO NOT spray this on your neck while wearing a white shirt. It will leave a rust-colored stain that will never come out no matter what stain-removal method you try. Big sad face. About the scent itself: I learned about this fragrance while on my quest for “If you love Black Opium, then you’ll also love ______”. I can see why this was recommended - it is yummy, especially at first with these gorgeous warm amber topnotes but after that it goes downhill for me. That's because lurking beneath that amazing beginning that sucks you right in, is a base of pure Vicks Vapo Rub. I guess it's technically balsamic (maybe?) but it leaves a medicinal impression, almost minty and the very opposite of the warm sexy muskiness of the topnotes. From all the reviews I've read, I am in the minority but this one just doesn't gel with my chemistry.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my absolute all-time favorite fragrance. I fell completely in love with it upon first sniff and haven't looked back.

Thierry Mugler fragrances are a bit on the expensive side but they last and last on the skin. Whenever I wear this, I put it on around 6am and it will last all the way through the day. If you wear something close to the skin (like a scarf), you will be able to smell this on it when wearing it again, even days later. I think this is a good thing. When you're spending so much on a fragrance, you want it to be worth the cost.

The smell of this is almost indescribably delicious. It reminds me of melting chocolate, of rich warm amber and just a touch of jasmine. This scent is like being wrapped in a warm, soft, luxurious blanket on a cold day. There's just something so comforting about it that I can't quite place my finger on. Sniff after sniff, the gorgeous, rich scent doesn't become cloying. It's not overly sweet, it's just deep and sexy and so inviting.

Popular Fragrances