Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue

Thierry Mugler  Alien Essence Absolue
Alien Essence Absolue

4.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A little too heavy & strong. This is coming from some who wears angel, youth dew & No. 5 on a reg basis. I sent this back to get another bottle of reg Alien. This wasn’t sweet enough it was kind of bitter maybe I had an old bottle I got mine on eBay. In retrospect i kind of wish I’d kept it but it was $20 that’d be laying around never used. I paid $30 for alien I think it’s money better spent! I love Alien just not this as much. I get a lavendar vibe off it I hate lavendar I find it bitter & sour. TM is a scent genius. But he’s not Jacque polger!

on 4/30/2014 6:10:00 PM

Chalk me up with the rest of the enthusiasts of this lovely scent. I like Alien, so I love this sweeter version of it. This is my kind of scent. Not for everybody, and that is its best recommendation, IMO. I won't describe it since others have already done that very well. On me, this is definitely honey (which I love to wear as much as I like to eat). It reminds me a bit of Serge Luten's Miel de Bois, but this one is more complex, a bit greener. In short, a beautiful, elegant, grown-up scent. And BTW, for those who can't tell the difference, grown-up is NOT the same as 'old.'

Yesss!!!!! This is elegant,white jasmine,ambery vanilla,without being sweet,it mixes very well,i dont like jasmine but this is so good guys!!best version of alien,well done mugler

This is one of my top favorites perfumes ever! I absolutely love it.
To me it smells like a creamy, sophisticated, delicious, sweet ice cream.
Is my favorite Alien for sure. I will definitely buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh my god, if you love vanilla based fragrances, one whiff of this and you will become OBSESSED with it, It's intoxicating. I was sprayed by one of those perfume chuggers in Selfridges and I had to go back the next day and buy it. My only gripe after going through a couple of bottles is that the perfume oils seem to erode and clog the nozzle over time, and it stops working properly but you can get replacement nozzles and bottle tops in store for free.

This is my favourite perfume of all time - nothing comes close, except perhaps Lancome Hypnose but that is a very light and safe version and nowhere near as chocolatey and heady.

I REALLY didn't need another perfume. My collection stands at over 30 which I'm aware is ridiculous! But seeing my original Alien ran out, I decided I would see how this one compared. Upon trying at a department store I was in LOVE. Alien could be a little unwearable at times even though I adored it, this is its more wearable sister. First spray is Alien but slightly warmer, very shortly after though a beautiful vanilla note starts to appear and it is so delicious! Bottle suits it perfectly, its warm vanilla sunny goodness but still retains some uniqueness, paying homage to the original. Only thing is I wish it had more sillage and a bit better lasting power (on my skin anyway), but its just gorgeous - a must try!

Popular Fragrances