Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue

Alien Essence Absolue

2.7

on 7/24/2017 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Another sweet fragrance... Very Sweet Candy bubblegum cordial lollipop Tabu fragrance ... Some of the things it reminds me of

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Sadly this one didn't work for me and I have already tossed it. Here are my thoughts. First of all, whatever you do, DO NOT spray this on your neck while wearing a white shirt. It will leave a rust-colored stain that will never come out no matter what stain-removal method you try. Big sad face. About the scent itself: I learned about this fragrance while on my quest for “If you love Black Opium, then you’ll also love ______”. I can see why this was recommended - it is yummy, especially at first with these gorgeous warm amber topnotes but after that it goes downhill for me. That's because lurking beneath that amazing beginning that sucks you right in, is a base of pure Vicks Vapo Rub. I guess it's technically balsamic (maybe?) but it leaves a medicinal impression, almost minty and the very opposite of the warm sexy muskiness of the topnotes. From all the reviews I've read, I am in the minority but this one just doesn't gel with my chemistry.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is one of the most beautiful bottles I've ever seen. If you need convincing, wrap your hands around its voluptuous rear end. It's heavy and petal-leasing, like ripe glass forbidden fruit.
Scent-wise, the main note I get in this is the same tobacco that's in Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. There are two scents I have found this note in, other than the sugar daddy himself, the other being Viktor & Rolf's Spicebomb. The backdrop of this glorious main star is the purple, pulpy powderiness of Dior's Poison. It shouldn't work, but everything melds together very well.
This is not a wallflower scent. It's a big, buxom BOOM scent. The trail you leave is a fruity, woody, cigaretty jasmine. Impressive.

Popular Fragrances