Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue

Alien Essence Absolue

4.3

on 9/2/2017 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Be still my beating heart
Love
Love love this perfume
To me Thierry is a genius ... he developed perhaps the most talked about perfume that has ever been invented for good and bad reasons ...
Angel .. I love it when used sparingly .. it is heavenly .. and this is I think maybe my holy grail that I've been looking for ... 15 years along with Angel of course .. I don't like the "normal" Alien .. just too strong for me although I love smelling on others .. but this ... ooohhhhh ... gorgeous .. adorable ...special
😘😘😘 Thank
You Mr Mugler

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Sadly this one didn't work for me and I have already tossed it. Here are my thoughts. First of all, whatever you do, DO NOT spray this on your neck while wearing a white shirt. It will leave a rust-colored stain that will never come out no matter what stain-removal method you try. Big sad face. About the scent itself: I learned about this fragrance while on my quest for “If you love Black Opium, then you’ll also love ______”. I can see why this was recommended - it is yummy, especially at first with these gorgeous warm amber topnotes but after that it goes downhill for me. That's because lurking beneath that amazing beginning that sucks you right in, is a base of pure Vicks Vapo Rub. I guess it's technically balsamic (maybe?) but it leaves a medicinal impression, almost minty and the very opposite of the warm sexy muskiness of the topnotes. From all the reviews I've read, I am in the minority but this one just doesn't gel with my chemistry.

on 9/23/2014 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my guilty pleasure perfume. I like the smoky vanilla and wear it just for me. Sometimes, I get a Hypnotic Poison vibe and like this, too. What keeps this from being a 5 is the medicinal smell I get in the beginning. Overall, this is a wonderful scent and I am glad I splurged to buy it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh my god, if you love vanilla based fragrances, one whiff of this and you will become OBSESSED with it, It's intoxicating. I was sprayed by one of those perfume chuggers in Selfridges and I had to go back the next day and buy it. My only gripe after going through a couple of bottles is that the perfume oils seem to erode and clog the nozzle over time, and it stops working properly but you can get replacement nozzles and bottle tops in store for free.

This is my favourite perfume of all time - nothing comes close, except perhaps Lancome Hypnose but that is a very light and safe version and nowhere near as chocolatey and heady.

Popular Fragrances