Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue

Alien Essence Absolue

4.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is one of the most beautiful bottles I've ever seen. If you need convincing, wrap your hands around its voluptuous rear end. It's heavy and petal-leasing, like ripe glass forbidden fruit.
Scent-wise, the main note I get in this is the same tobacco that's in Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. There are two scents I have found this note in, other than the sugar daddy himself, the other being Viktor & Rolf's Spicebomb. The backdrop of this glorious main star is the purple, pulpy powderiness of Dior's Poison. It shouldn't work, but everything melds together very well.
This is not a wallflower scent. It's a big, buxom BOOM scent. The trail you leave is a fruity, woody, cigaretty jasmine. Impressive.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my absolute all-time favorite fragrance. I fell completely in love with it upon first sniff and haven't looked back.

Thierry Mugler fragrances are a bit on the expensive side but they last and last on the skin. Whenever I wear this, I put it on around 6am and it will last all the way through the day. If you wear something close to the skin (like a scarf), you will be able to smell this on it when wearing it again, even days later. I think this is a good thing. When you're spending so much on a fragrance, you want it to be worth the cost.

The smell of this is almost indescribably delicious. It reminds me of melting chocolate, of rich warm amber and just a touch of jasmine. This scent is like being wrapped in a warm, soft, luxurious blanket on a cold day. There's just something so comforting about it that I can't quite place my finger on. Sniff after sniff, the gorgeous, rich scent doesn't become cloying. It's not overly sweet, it's just deep and sexy and so inviting.

on 5/6/2013 2:48:00 PM

This beauty has a sweetness/prettiness that the original Alien doesn't have Imo. Overall a more juicy softer hence less dry creation. Rich luscious albeit mysterious fragrance which I absolutely love (pardon the pun)!

Popular Fragrances