Maybelline Color Tattoo - Barely Branded

I have several of the Maybelline Color Tattoos and like most of them but this one did not work for me. Even with a primer, it would crease and only last a little while. The consistency was difficult to work with. It didn't go on smoothly. I ended up chucking it as there are many better options for this type of product.

I hated this one! I like Maybelline's Color Tattoos, but this one looks terrible on me. Barely Branded, a neutral golden beige, is just chalky and weird and unflattering on my lids. I prefer Bold Gold. But ymmv, of course.

And no staying power whatsoever. This one faded and creased terribly on me, and only after a couple of hours.

It was a letdown overall and I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

this is soooo pachy other then that its fantastic but you cant put other shadows over it, it lasts all day and is very pigmented so i think the other shades would be really good but this one is not one you should buy

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This looks so dry and patchy on my lids. It really accentuates every line. I've tried it many different ways with eye cream, eyelid primer, nothing and all and none of it gives a good application. It calls itself a metal but it's not even close. The Essence 2 in 1 Eyeshadow and Liner pencils are far superior.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

These Color Tattoos are boooooommmmmbbbbb. They are among the most reliable, high-quality drugstore products for sure. I own three of these, and after the first one I was confident the next two would be the Real McCoy, and I haven't been disappointed. These aren't kids' makeup; they have no chunky glitter and they blend out to the most divine shimmery goodness.

This shade is the your traditional go-to pale golden champagne. These can be worn alone or as an eyeshadow base to amp up your pigment game. I love this as a wash all over the lid with a bit of some shimmery powder eyeshadow on top, although this particular shade would look great as a browbone highlight too.

These last a healthy amount of time and DO NOT CREASE. Like seriously, even without a primer this was good to go. It goes without saying that if you're looking for a good cream eyeshadow- and personally, I've never even been a fan- this is the first place to look!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a light champagne color and gives a nice brightening wash to my lids. I prefer to use this as a base as others have. It doesn't last too long on my oily lids as much as I want it to, however it can blended easily with my fingers and applied a little at a time. There are definitely other colors I like better than this one.

Bought this with the intention of using it as a base color OR by itself on days when I need just an extra pop to my eyes... with that said, I did not like this product. But let me say - the color is gorgeous and I personally feel like it has the right amount of gold coloring to it. It fails in application. It applies very, very patchy and rough (even if I apply a primer beforehand). Right out of the pot it already had a very dry texture to it and I had a hard time smoothing it out on my lids. I also tried layering some eyeshadow over this but they just didn't blend well at all - no matter which eyeshadow brand I used. I feel like the e.l.f. Smudge Pots definitely apply much more smoothly and has a comparable lasting power for a lower price point. The 24hr Color Tattoo in Barely Branded just did not work out for me, sadly, and will be returning it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this product. Rarely do I like something enough to use it everyday and repurchase it multiple times, but this product definitely is my holy grail. It is critical to my everyday eye look, I use this as my base, brown shadow in my crease, black gel liner for a simple cat eye and a highlighter shade under my brow. This shade pulls it all together as it is a creamy, light champagne with a touch of shimmer that offsets all the other colors allowing them to "pop". I do not find it hard to apply with my Ecotools Highlighting eye brush, the short relatively firm bristles pick up the product nicely and if applied with a downward motion (brow bone to eyelashes) it goes on smooth. I also apply it with my finger if I care less about being precise that day and want a more sheer application as fingers don't allow you to apply as much without it looking patchy. I always use primer, and I don't notice it creasing at all. My only warning would be that it dries relatively quickly, so if you want to blend it you need to do so shortly after application because once it dries it is pretty budge proof in my experience!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

70 barely branded is a light champage with a metallic/frosty finish.

I like this product, it works great as an eyeshadow base and I also like to layer it over other color tattoos (tough as taupe, inked in pink) to lighten up the eye and produce an easy smokey eye look.

Its a pale cream colour, and applies patchily which is why I won't be repurchasing it.

You don't use a lot of this product on your eyes so that little pot lasts a looooonnnng time. I've had mine for nearly two years now and I still haven't used it all up, the formula is good to go and it doesn't cause problems. I've been using it nearly every day for the last six months in an attempt to use it all up and I've still got a lot of product left. I've found that the more you use these color tattoos the more they stay soft and easy to use, so keep stirring and using them.

I have been using this as a base as well, put it over the eyelid to lighten up the eye, then use some powder eyeshadows to give the overall look some depth (neutrals as transitions, on outer eye), but I'm sure it will go well with bright colours as well. For someone looking for a cheap and cheerful low maintenance white cream eyeshadow, this does the job nicely.