L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm

L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm

4.1

aqua / water / eau • cetearyl alcohol • behentrimonium chloride • amodimethicone • candelilla cera / candelilla wax / cire de candelilla • cetyl esters • glycerin • isopropyl alcohol • parfum / fragrance • phenoxyethanol • trideceth-6 • hydroxypropyl guar • arginine • glutamic acid • linalool • hexyl cinnamal • cetrimonium chloride • serine • chlorhexidine dihydrochloride • benzyl salicylate • hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolyzed wheat protein • benzyl alcohol • limonene • amyl cinnamal • citronellol • 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol • alpha-isomethyl ionone • ci 19140 / yellow 5 • ci 15985 / yellow 6

on 2/26/2017 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I’ve been using this mask for years. It’s extremely nourishing, softening, and strengthening to my hair. I have thick, long, coarse, naturally curly hair (2b/c) and I use this mask before I flatiron or wet-braid my hair. I feel it help prevent heat damage with the flatiron. The balm is very thick and dense, and smells deliciously of currants and fruit. The only negative is that I cannot use it when I plan to wear my hair curly, it completely weighs downs my curls into sad, limp, saturated waves. Still, I will continue to buy this and use it for straight and braided hair. I also gave some to my sister and got her and her roommate hooked on it!

on 2/4/2017 11:31:00 PM

I have waist length, thick/wavy, color treated hair(mostly to cover grays)...I wash it every 2 days or so, and either flat iron it board straight, or finger blow dry it and use a wand for beachy waves, so my hair sees alot of heat appliances. I use this product twice a week, after shampooing, and it makes my hair so silky, shiny and soft. Sometimes I leave it on for a few hours, sometimes just 10-15 minutes in the shower, I only use a very tiny amount from my ears up, but saturate the rest of the length of my hair with it. I have used tons of products over the years, some I have loved, some have been way over priced, and some were garbage...I definitely recommend this.

This conditioning mask rules. I have fine but abundant hair that I like to look as thick as it can--and it can--but a lot of the conditioners weigh down my hair, even with only small amount used. So I have to be careful with masks especially, which are so much heavier as a general rule. Most days I use only a leave-in conditioner y after shampooing, something like the Davines UV shield spray, and make that work.

But I do like the moisture / recovery feeling of masks, and once a week or so I will use this product.

This stuff I can scoop out a good sized blob (2 tbsp?) let it sit on the lower half of my hair while I bathe luxuriously...for any amount of time, could be 5 - 10 minutes, could be 20...could probably leave the product on for a few hours at the beach for even more intensely pretty results.

I can even bring this mask up to my roots (only a small amount there) for total condition...and it is fine. Be sure to rinse it out really well though.

For reference I have also blonde hair, and this does not give it an oily/dirty look if rinsed completely.

This mask has a light, fresh fragrance.

Plus the jar is about 5 or 6 USD!

So pleased to have found it, I have repurchased many times and will continue to do so.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've tried so many hair products (specifically deep conditioners) over the years that they all tend to run together after a while. This does stand out to me, as being a consistently reliable conditioner that leaves me hair feeling great. It might be the silicones, or chemicals, but I'd rather not analyze it- this just works, and really what more can you ask?

It has a traditional fresh, pleasant L'Oréal scent and a fairly thick consistency. I know a lot of people don't like the jar packaging, but it allows you to get all the product out, so it's a bit more cost effective than a squeeze tube. Speaking of the price, no complaints here.

I would certainly recommend this to anyone who struggles with dry hair and needs a heavier "boost" of moisture. It does need to be left in the hair for a respectable length of time- about 10 minutes- for full effect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is by far the BEST drugstore mask I've ever used. I have naturally curly thick hair. Here is a detailed review of my thoughts:

on 11/17/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I always have this on hand for deep conditioning. It's almost identical to the conditioner in the l'oreal hair dye boxes, too. The wax in it is just enough to truly calm down my frizzing, thin-strand hair without impossibly eliminating volume. I seldom use heat on my hair (ALL heat, no matter what the box or bottle says, is BAD for hair, period), and I do use Aphogee protein treatment 1-2x per month. This deep conditioner is a perfect compliment.

on 10/29/2016 9:17:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I liked this. It has a nice creamy texture, doesn't smell strong, and worked well to make my bleached hair feel soft.

It costs about three times as much as 3 Minute Miracle, though, and it's not three times better.

If you really hate the smell of 3 Minute Miracle then this might be a better option for you.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Yep. This is a great conditioner. What makes it a standout for me (other than the fact that it does indeed leave my hair feeling and looking smooth, shiny and improved) is that everything about it is easy. I mean, yeah you have to unscrew the top and screw it back on, but unlike other jar conditioners I've had this one closes successfully and quickly - water never gets in there leaving it all nasty. Also I find the top serves as a great soap dish. Which means I don't have to clean my tub as much because let's face it I'm not getting a soap dish. The formula works very well, does what it claims (aside from actual repair because let's be realistic) and the results are good whether you use it once a week or four. No buildup, and no complaints! I love complaining so that's a rave review.

on 9/27/2016 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's not as good as it's extreme counterpart. While my hair did feel clean it also felt strawlike. Noticed breakage, no shine, and didn't prevent new damage. I used the shampoo and the treatment mask, but noticed no real differences. Try the extreme version instead

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I picked this up because I wanted an affordable hair mask! For reference, my hair is thick and dry, especially at the ends.

This stuff is the bomb!!!! I wash my hair every other day or every two days and this makes my hair feel silky smooth after each use. It doesn't leave any gross residue and the scent is like and fresh. Consistency is like thick lotion but crry manageable.

Definitely would repurchase!!