L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm

L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm

4.1

aqua / water / eau cetearyl alcohol behentrimonium chloride amodimethicone candelilla cera / candelilla wax / cire de candelilla cetyl esters glycerin isopropyl alcohol parfum / fragrance phenoxyethanol trideceth-6 hydroxypropyl guar arginine glutamic acid linalool hexyl cinnamal cetrimonium chloride serine chlorhexidine dihydrochloride benzyl salicylate hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolyzed wheat protein benzyl alcohol limonene amyl cinnamal citronellol 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol alpha-isomethyl ionone ci 19140 / yellow 5 ci 15985 / yellow 6

on 11/12/2017 5:44:00 PM

It's OK, nothing special. It works like a thick conditioner, I didn't notice any dramatic changes in my hair (thin, curly, color-treated, prone to breakage). Why L'Oreal decided to put this in a peanut butter jar-like tub is beyond me, this makes it incredibly inconvenient for shower use. Also, like most L'Oreal products, it's very strongly scented (this is why I don't use most of their face creams). The smell and the packaging are the main reasons why I won't buy this again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a good drug store deep conditioner, and I used it religiously for quite some time. I have fine, color treated hair that always needs more moisture, and this was my go-to when I still purchased products from L'Oreal. I do not think that it actually repairs or erases any damage, but it does infuse a lot of moisture into the hair to replace whatever is lost through coloring, heat styling, etc. I really like the pudding-like consistency, as it felt like it was really coating the hair without feeling heavy and still rinsed cleanly. Even when my hair was long I could get at least 5-7 uses out of a tub, so it was fairly economical as well. I won't repurchase again due to L'Oreal's animal testing policy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I really like this deep conditioner. I have 4a hair that is about armpit length stretched. I use this product by saturating my hair with it after shampooing. I then place a plastic bag or conditioning cap over my head, then a turbie twist-type towel, then I let it sit for 30 minutes to 2 hours. When I use this conditioner, my hair is left "juicy" and full of moisture. I don't think it actually "repairs up to 1 year of damage in one use", but I do think it reduces the look of damage. My hair feels a bit stronger and definitely feels more moisturized. I have repurchased this product and will continue to do so.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

L'Oreal, ever the fake out, issued this same product under it's salon line called Absolue. I have been using it for years - it's very good but now discontinued. But wait .... here it shows up as Total Repair and a fraction of the cost. It's good but who wouldn't be annoyed with them for the games they play with consumers. And this is not the only product - compare the Lancôme mascaras to the L'Oreal.mascaras.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm usually hesitant of using hair balms since my hair gets oily pretty quickly, but this product is amazing! I use it every other day and it makes my hair so soft! I don't even have to use conditioner when I use this. It makes my hair look really good when it's dry and I got mine for $7 at Walgreen's. I've noticed that it's fixed a lot of my problems, like the dryness and such. Loreal definitely hit it out of the park with this one.

on 10/2/2017 6:42:00 PM

Meh, I purchased a tub from Target and had higher expectations. Got better results from my "It's a 10" regular conditioner.

on 2/26/2017 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I’ve been using this mask for years. It’s extremely nourishing, softening, and strengthening to my hair. I have thick, long, coarse, naturally curly hair (2b/c) and I use this mask before I flatiron or wet-braid my hair. I feel it help prevent heat damage with the flatiron. The balm is very thick and dense, and smells deliciously of currants and fruit. The only negative is that I cannot use it when I plan to wear my hair curly, it completely weighs downs my curls into sad, limp, saturated waves. Still, I will continue to buy this and use it for straight and braided hair. I also gave some to my sister and got her and her roommate hooked on it!

This conditioning mask rules. I have fine but abundant hair that I like to look as thick as it can--and it can--but a lot of the conditioners weigh down my hair, even with only small amount used. So I have to be careful with masks especially, which are so much heavier as a general rule. Most days I use only a leave-in conditioner y after shampooing, something like the Davines UV shield spray, and make that work.

But I do like the moisture / recovery feeling of masks, and once a week or so I will use this product.

This stuff I can scoop out a good sized blob (2 tbsp?) let it sit on the lower half of my hair while I bathe luxuriously...for any amount of time, could be 5 - 10 minutes, could be 20...could probably leave the product on for a few hours at the beach for even more intensely pretty results.

I can even bring this mask up to my roots (only a small amount there) for total condition...and it is fine. Be sure to rinse it out really well though.

For reference I have also blonde hair, and this does not give it an oily/dirty look if rinsed completely.

This mask has a light, fresh fragrance.

Plus the jar is about 5 or 6 USD!

So pleased to have found it, I have repurchased many times and will continue to do so.

on 2/4/2017 11:31:00 PM

I have waist length, thick/wavy, color treated hair(mostly to cover grays)...I wash it every 2 days or so, and either flat iron it board straight, or finger blow dry it and use a wand for beachy waves, so my hair sees alot of heat appliances. I use this product twice a week, after shampooing, and it makes my hair so silky, shiny and soft. Sometimes I leave it on for a few hours, sometimes just 10-15 minutes in the shower, I only use a very tiny amount from my ears up, but saturate the rest of the length of my hair with it. I have used tons of products over the years, some I have loved, some have been way over priced, and some were garbage...I definitely recommend this.

on 6/28/2017 12:31:00 AM

So far this is the only product in my price range that helped my dry over processed hair. My ends were literally breaking off whenever I brushed it and t felt sur gummy when wet. This stuff saved me from chopping all of my hair off. I swear by this stuff.