L'Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm

L'Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm

4.1

aqua / water / eau • cetearyl alcohol • behentrimonium chloride • amodimethicone • candelilla cera / candelilla wax / cire de candelilla • cetyl esters • glycerin • isopropyl alcohol • parfum / fragrance • phenoxyethanol • trideceth-6 • hydroxypropyl guar • arginine • glutamic acid • linalool • hexyl cinnamal • cetrimonium chloride • serine • chlorhexidine dihydrochloride • benzyl salicylate • hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolyzed wheat protein • benzyl alcohol • limonene • amyl cinnamal • citronellol • 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol • alpha-isomethyl ionone • ci 19140 / yellow 5 • ci 15985 / yellow 6

on 1/21/2018 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

HOLY SHT, I just had the best hair day ever. Shiny, soft, voluminous, manageable. Today was a perfect day.

on 12/24/2017 2:09:00 PM

I agree with those who remarked that the packaging is awkward and difficult to handle. I use it in the shower and dropped it with the top off several times. I have thin, older hair that is no longer colored or permed. I started using this product in June, 2017 and am finishing up my first container as I use it weekly. I have purchased a new container.

I find this product to be a wonderful addition to my hair care regimen. It gives volume back to thinning hair as well as helps to promote less breakage. I find the cost to be reasonable, especially since it has lasted me 6 months. After the first three applications, i began using less product and found it worked as well as a heavier application.

I recommend this product for older women who struggle with thinning hair and breakage.

on 11/28/2017 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use thick masks/balms as my regular conditioner. This is a good one among the drugstore options. It left my hair moisturized and soft. "Damage-erasing" is a bit of marketing hype. I didn't notice any changes in my hair. It's just a decent thick conditioner.

I don't like the packaging. In the shower, the tub is extremely slippery and easily dropped. The fragrance is also overwhelming.

Overall, it's a good product, but not amazing or exceptional. I would buy again if I ran out of my conditioner and needed something from the drugstore.

My hair: Fine in texture, but I have alot of hair. Wavy, dry, somewhat frizzy, blonde (color-treated).

on 11/12/2017 5:44:00 PM

It's OK, nothing special. It works like a thick conditioner, I didn't notice any dramatic changes in my hair (thin, curly, color-treated, prone to breakage). Why L'Oreal decided to put this in a peanut butter jar-like tub is beyond me, this makes it incredibly inconvenient for shower use. Also, like most L'Oreal products, it's very strongly scented (this is why I don't use most of their face creams). The smell and the packaging are the main reasons why I won't buy this again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a good drug store deep conditioner, and I used it religiously for quite some time. I have fine, color treated hair that always needs more moisture, and this was my go-to when I still purchased products from L'Oreal. I do not think that it actually repairs or erases any damage, but it does infuse a lot of moisture into the hair to replace whatever is lost through coloring, heat styling, etc. I really like the pudding-like consistency, as it felt like it was really coating the hair without feeling heavy and still rinsed cleanly. Even when my hair was long I could get at least 5-7 uses out of a tub, so it was fairly economical as well. I won't repurchase again due to L'Oreal's animal testing policy.

on 10/2/2017 6:42:00 PM

Meh, I purchased a tub from Target and had higher expectations. Got better results from my "It's a 10" regular conditioner.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

L'Oreal, ever the fake out, issued this same product under it's salon line called Absolue. I have been using it for years - it's very good but now discontinued. But wait .... here it shows up as Total Repair and a fraction of the cost. It's good but who wouldn't be annoyed with them for the games they play with consumers. And this is not the only product - compare the LancΓ΄me mascaras to the L'Oreal.mascaras.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm usually hesitant of using hair balms since my hair gets oily pretty quickly, but this product is amazing! I use it every other day and it makes my hair so soft! I don't even have to use conditioner when I use this. It makes my hair look really good when it's dry and I got mine for $7 at Walgreen's. I've noticed that it's fixed a lot of my problems, like the dryness and such. Loreal definitely hit it out of the park with this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I really like this deep conditioner. I have 4a hair that is about armpit length stretched. I use this product by saturating my hair with it after shampooing. I then place a plastic bag or conditioning cap over my head, then a turbie twist-type towel, then I let it sit for 30 minutes to 2 hours. When I use this conditioner, my hair is left "juicy" and full of moisture. I don't think it actually "repairs up to 1 year of damage in one use", but I do think it reduces the look of damage. My hair feels a bit stronger and definitely feels more moisturized. I have repurchased this product and will continue to do so.

on 6/28/2017 12:31:00 AM

So far this is the only product in my price range that helped my dry over processed hair. My ends were literally breaking off whenever I brushed it and t felt sur gummy when wet. This stuff saved me from chopping all of my hair off. I swear by this stuff.