Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream

Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream

1 review

on 4/5/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This new nail color by DL is so very beautiful. For me it's fresh and interesting.
In one light it has a lot of green, in another light it has lots of blue and in between it has some really pretty blue, green, and gold glitter that is not so over powering that you're wearing your children or grand-children's nail polish. This glitter changes the color slightly and makes it more green or blue in certain lights, very interesting.
It does take 3 coats to cover the nail totally, but I expected that. It looks as if you are wearing something as close to the ocean as one can get. If you are imaginative you can almost feel the ocean breeze, or see the Mermaid popping out of the ocean, LOL.
It is not a smooth polish even after two or three coats of top coat. It is rough to the touch. I feel the bits from the glitter, however that is not noticed when looking at the polish on the nail, only to the wearer who touches their nails. Other than that there is nothing wrong with this polish at all. Still a strong wear. I pulled off 5 days as usual with my DL polishes, even when it chipped after 5 days I still didn't notice right away.
As with all DL glitter polishes I still have to soak my nails to get it off completely, but I don't mind that too much. I soak my nails in a non acetone polish remover for about 1 1/2 minutes, then off comes the polish with the same remover on a cotton pad or ball. I do one hand at a time no rubbing.
I have had quite a few compliments on the color and when it hits the light just right, most times there is another exclamation of "oh wow this is pretty" because the glitter sparkles. Of course there always is the "where did you get this" and "who makes it", followed by "where can I buy it". I have friends that want to use mine for their toes, eeewww, not my DL, they need to get their own, LOL.
I say splurge and get this for the spring and summer! It is a gorgeous color and a lot of fun wearing. I still take my me time and do my own nails and they look great! My polish collection is getting rather large and my husband is giving me funny looks, DL is taking over my fridge and my husband needs room for his snacks, LOL.

Popular Polishes