Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream

Filtered by age: 36-43
Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream

on 11/10/2014 9:29:00 PM

Frosty/metallic seafoam green speckled with dark green microglitter. Very pretty and extremely original. Nothing else looks like it.

Great formula too. Opaque in two coats, no problems with application or wear.

One of my favorite DL's. I'd definitely buy this again.

on 6/6/2013 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Truth be told, green and blue polishes are among my least favorites...and I never thought that I would become a fan of glitter polish, either. However, Mermaid's Dream has changed my mind on all of these points. It's simply gorgeous; the multi-toned glitter, texture, and beautiful seafoam shade of this polish render it beyond unique. It applies easily and wears well with a quick-drying top coat (which also smooths the texture out a bit). It's a lovely warm weather shade, and I would recommend it along with the other newer "Mermaid" polishes that Lippmann has recently released. They do require a bit more effort to remove (Zoya's remover works well), but they are worth the minor hassle, as their look is so lovely.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was never a nail polish person. I found doing my nail so tedious, and boring. I never liked any colors on my pale skin, they just seemed to out of place. I preffered to keep my nails short, clean and natural, sometimes adding a clear coat if I was feeling fancy, lol. Well all that has changed. Now I LOVE nail polish, love giving myself a manicure, and love trying new bold colors, and thats all because of Deborah Lippmann. I will NEVER buy any other brand of polish. These polishes are a HG for me all the way! I mean these are by the far the best polishes in the world as far as Im concerned! The colors are well thought out and to die for! Mermaids Dream I never would have considered wearing at age 36..well forget that! Its beautiful! After trying the color 'something Vegas' I think..its a putty grey color, I fell in love and bought like 10 different colors. I have been impressed with every single product Ive gotten, including the Stripper remover. Her cuticle remover is magic, and the cuticle oil..OMG..smells like a tropical getaway, and is DIVINE. I will purchase these polishes and only these for the rest of my life! I have a color, I think its called 'I know what boys like' or something to that effect, its a periwinkle blue...I never would have dared to wear such a color, and now its one of my favorites! These polishes dry quickily and perfect! If you ever had trouble with streaks, ridges, chipping, flaking..try Deborah Lippmann, its impposible to go wrong! I use these polishes and it looks like Ive just come from the salon. I absoloutely can not say enough about how much I love these polishes as well as all of Lippmanns products! These are perfect in every way, from color choice, to wear, to finish, dry time..the colors are creative, original, and just sublime. Top of the line all the way, pricey, but sooo worth it if you love polish. If I had to pick one word to represent the line, the polishes, the colors, the quality..not to mention the excellent customer service..it would be, PERFECTION.

on 12/12/2012 8:57:00 PM

I got this today at Ulta. Typical impulse buy, I wasn't even thinking about getting nail polish. I'm glad I did! This is a beautiful color, and damn you if you think a 40y old shouldn't be wearing turquoise/blue/gold glitter on her nails! ;) I rarely wear other colors than nudes, pinks, and reds on my nails, but this polish is so pretty I just couldn't resist.

It takes 2-3 coats to get full cover. It dries matte and rough, so a topcoat is a must. The price is steep, but heck, you only live once.

Popular Polishes