Ben Nye 12 color grand lumiere

No Image

on 10/18/2002 6:39:00 PM

This product is so great! These super high instensity powders are about as shiny and shimmery as you can get, and the colors are amazing. Works great wet or dry.

I agree! Sorry MAC, I think I am in love! These colors are incredibly similar to some of the shadows and if you mix them with Ben Nye Liqui Set I'll bet them make a consistency like the Paints. For $8 each and they have large palletes with the some the creme Lumiere colors as well! I am in LOVE.

on 3/5/2003 12:21:00 PM

I LOVE these. I have the 12-pan Lumiere palette and it is fabulous. These can be used for so many things. On eyes dry for a light wash of color, or applied with water or a mixing agent such as Ben Nye Final Seal for a more intense, paint-like effect. The result when wet is intense glitter shimmer similar to MAC Pigments. These can also be used for body painting. Also, the price can NOT be beat. One thing I love about Ben Nye is that it is MAC, or other high-end brand, quality at a complete fraction of the cost. I got my entire 12-pan palette for only $50, which is a little over $2 each! And each pan is about 3g I believe! Whoa! I love it.

This product does so many things! It gives a wonderful shimmer like nothing else I've tried! And mixed with a little liquid (Liqui-set by Ben Nye is great), it makes a paint! It can be used as a body paint, too.
This is a definite must-try. I think everybody will love it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

These are the most awesome, long lasting, beautiful eyeshadows I have ever owned. I cant say enough about these. Some are exactly the same color as certain mac pigments only these are pressed and last for so long! Some of the colors that are similar are mac blue, pink pearl, white gold, frost and gold pigments. You get 12 eyeshadows and for $54, its such a good deal. I love it so much, I would pay $120 for it if thats how much it cost! Everyone I've showed this too wants one too but I had to go through hell to get one. I had to call all the MU retailers that sold this brand (in the LA area, I'm in northern CA and nobody sells it here) and I finally got a co to ship it to me. Whew! It was so worth it.

on 11/24/2004 2:18:00 PM

When I saw this online I drooled over it for two days before buying it. The colors are so intense I can hardly believe it! I wore the chartruse and blue shades on my eyes to the mall and all the MAs stopped and asked what it was. Most of them had never heard of Ben Nye, but when I pointed them to wyb.com they said they were going to buy this right away. They go on silky and last all day. If you like strong, beautiful colors (in big pans!) this is the palette for you.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

High pigment eyeshadows for under $10??? Ben Nye, where have you been all my life? I love these shadows. Purchased the 12 color pallet and I love it. Beautiful colors that go on smooth and glowing. My favorite is Jade, lovely bright green. You can use them dry for a wash of color or apply them wet for super strong color. I get so many compliments when I were these and I love being able to tell people how inexpensive they are. The one downfall is they tend to fade and shift after a while on yr lid. Still trying to fix that problem. Other then that, these eyeshadows are a god-send.

on 1/3/2008 7:11:00 AM

Great product!. Applies well wet or dry. I don't have a fading/moving problem, but i use cosealer under it to make it stay put. I can jump in a pool with this stuff if you mix it with liquid set and it woing move a mm. The 12 pan set is worth the price, actually it almost worth twice the price. I used to be a mac eyeshowdow snob, at least for the shimmery stuff, but the pigment in this stuff / price it really can't be beat.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I advise any makeup artist or junkie to get this. What a freakin' deal! Not only is this palette priced well, but the shadows are the best quality I've ever used (& I've used nearly every brand out there) The 12 palette is a great deal ($60 for 12 shadows that are normall $7-$8 a piece, plus the palette which is an additional $8ish & a brush) The shadows are twice the size of MAC's & are of MUCH better quality. I use this palette every time I do any makeup. You're given a good colour range & you can also make your own 12 or 6 palettes as well. Colour payoff is beyond amazing, you won't be disappointed! The palette can be a little hard to open, maybe it's just me :P

on 4/12/2009 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i stalked this product online for awhile before actually taking the plunge and getting it... and now that i got it, there is not one bit of regret whatsoever... i'm in love!! the colors are truly pigmented, and i can see lots of possibilities and fun using these colors for future looks. i still have to master using it wet, b/c when i tried to today it didn't come out as good as dry (which isn't usual)... i encourage everyone to get this palette! --and their blushes are awesome also--