Ben Nye 12 color grand lumiere

Filtered by age: 44-55
No Image

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is truly lovely! Fabulous pigmentation, good blendability, great range of shades, and amazing durability. This lasts all day for me, with just a tad of concealer on my eyelid as a base. Doesn't crease or fade. My only complaint is that there isn't really a taupe/brown. I can fool around with mixing colors, though, and create most shades that I want. For example, mixing the deep purple with the gold creates a plummy-brownish shimmer. All of the shades are shimmer-pearl without glitter. They tend to be nice and smooth and buttery, with a few shades that are a bit more firm. Some really beautiful, unique shades. I almost always lean toward purples and browns, but the turquoise and green in this palette are fun for eyeliners. I like the fact that I can build a look and if it's too dark, I can swipe the iced gold over the entire eye and tone down the colors. Would totally buy again, but there is a lot of product. I can't see using it up for a very long time. If I run out of a single shade, it's easy to buy a single. Highly recommended!
9/25/11- Adding a comment... Honestly, y'all, this is a be-all, end-all palette. What I put on at 6 a.m. looks exactly the same at 9 p.m. And I don't even use any base. Absolutely out-performs MAC and Inglot shadows. Well worth the investment, about the same as buying an Inglot palette of 10 shadows.

on 5/8/2009 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This palette deserves all the raves it gets. The quality of the shadows is outstanding, super pigmented, smooth, easy to blend. The quantity you get is amazing. 12 generous colors in this palette. I bought mine at makeupmania.com and have seen it cheaper at the bubba sikes clown supply site. Great palette, essential if you are into brights.

This product does so many things! It gives a wonderful shimmer like nothing else I've tried! And mixed with a little liquid (Liqui-set by Ben Nye is great), it makes a paint! It can be used as a body paint, too.
This is a definite must-try. I think everybody will love it.