3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

I'll preface this by stating I am basing my review off a deluxe sample I received as part of my holiday online order. Sometimes I know these are not exact same version, so I cannot wait to try the full size and compare. That being said, I am quite impressed by what I'm seeing so far! I will say I don't see much in the way of volumizing or lengthening, BUT the separation the wand gives my lashes is absolutely outstanding! The brush design is excellent and I do not remember any product I've used before that coated every lash. It is truly amazing. I've also had no issues with clumps. Something I've noticed is this product leans on the dryer side and can look spidery with more than one coat - so this is more of my work day mascara. It has good staying power and I don't get panda eyes or flakes. I will repurchase, I just hope the full thing does not disappoint!

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2.0

6 months ago

This mascara came in a kit: I'm not sure I'd buy it stand-alone. That's because for the price you can get better mascara and for less you can find equivalent. It claims "a carbon black mascara with a large molded brush that creates extreme volume and curl." I don't see extreme volume. I get natural volume. I see a little bit of curl. It gets clumpy and gluey in the tube pretty quickly. For the price you could buy several tubes of L'Oreal Voluminous which works way better and does give volume.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

7 months ago

It has been decades since I bought Mac mascara, I was just so disappointed with so many of their mascaras overall performance. Until I saw this mascara in the colour blue-electric blue. It’s called ‘Hold For 10”. This blue is vibrant and oh so pretty. It glides on nicely ( I wanna say it has a gel formula to it, but not fully gel). It washes off easily without staining your eyes. Can clump if u don’t let it dry between applications, you may need a spoolie to help separate some lashes. Mascara lasts all day!…It doesn’t irritate my eyes, lately my eyes have been becoming sensitive to my HG mascaras. I love this colour in the summer months, it’s refreshing, even if I don’t apply any eyeshadow. This speaks well on its own but is not over the top. One thing I do like abt the packaging which I had never had in the past is the shape of the wand/handle. It is very ergonomic, comfortable to hold with the fingertips and maintains control during application. I like the big brush too, but that’s my brush preference. I have no issues with application on my lashes. For me I cannot comment on lash curl hold ( I have natural curl to my lashes) but it does thicken my lashes and somewhat lengthen them. This colour is a real showstopper! 😍

About reviewer (248 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

1.0

a year ago

I chose this as a free sample during my last MAC purchase because I read that it's the most "waterproof" washable mascara and because I have very straight eyelashes and only use waterproof mascara,I thought that perhaps this might work. It didn't though.I curled my eyelashes like I always do,put this mascara on,initially it looked great but a few seconds later my eyelashes went straight again.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

a year ago

Pros: - Separates lashes well - Does NOT flake - Holds a curl decently - Black colour is intense - Buildable formula Cons: - Brush is quite large which can be difficult for those with smaller eyes. I often find that I have to use a q tip to wipe off excess that went on my eyelids I would re-purchase. It is hard to find mascara that doesn't flake by the end of the day so for that reason mostly, this product delivers.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

2 years ago

I got a free sample when I ordered online, which I'm glad I didn't pay for this. It's an OK mascara but it looks the same as my LA Colors mascara that costs only $1.50. Also it makes my top lashes stick to my bottom, which causes them to water a bit. The cheaper mascara doesn't even do that. No volume. No lengthening. Doesn't do much at all.

About reviewer (734 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Finding the perfect mascara shouldn't be too difficult, as long as the formula is patterned, the only other variable to consider is the brush design (different brushes coats lashes differently thus can be tailored to your lashes). Pro: My lashes are long and straight (not very curly/ sprawled). I not only love the formula of this mascara but the brush coats each individual lash in a way that makes them appear much longer, curlier, thicker (no clumping), and the lashes towards the end of my eye flick out giving them an almost fake looking appearance (in a good way). Also because the brush separates the lashes and coats them individually it actually does give dimension. Lasts all day. Con: Expensive for no reason. Buuuut it is really good :s

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

1.0

3 years ago

Hated this mascara. Really thick and so clumpy. Doesn't spread evenly on lashes and leaves blobs, matting lashes together. The brush is big and bulky, very hard to use with any precision. The colour of the mascara is jet black, which was it's only good feature. I wouldn't recommend or buy this product again. Much better pharmacy versions, in my opinion.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I had been using Chanel and Diorshow mascaras for years until, upon the insistence of a MAC salesperson , I gave this a shot. It is better than Diorshow at a fraction of the price. I have downward-facing lashes, with decent length but virtually invisible as they are blonde. I am also extremely picky with mascaras; I want it all. Extreme length, volume, separation and curl. This delivers on every front, especially if you wiggle the wand and curl in the end, your lashes stay curled all day long. This gives a false-lash effect, so natural-lash lovers, I'm afraid this is not for you. The only bad thing I have to report is that in the years that I've been using it (only one exception when I wandered off to the new Givenchy and regretted paying the amount) is that on two occasions the formula had gone off, obviously due to poor storage conditions. I bought these on two separate stores, so I attribute it to MAC. Otherwise this is epic. Frankly, everything else is sub-par if you want a full, separated, false-lash look.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

I was sent a small sample of this mascara when I ordered some other MAC products. This mascara is Fabulous ! I have shorter straight eyelashes. I curled them first and then put on the mascara. Wow it added some volume without any clumping and so so much length. I have a lot of problems with mascara clumping on my skinny lashes, especially when they add volume. But, not this one it was clump free and I looked like I had falsies on. They also stayed curled. Which is a great bonus when you have straight lashes like mine. Staying power was as good as any non-waterproof mascara I have used. I was amazed when I came home after 8 hours and my lashes were still curled, black and there was just a tiny bit of flake off under my eye. Love Love Love it. Will definitely be purchasing the full size.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age56 & Over