NuFountain CelSignal Support

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
 NuFountain CelSignal Support

4.1

Purified Water, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C, anti-oxidant), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3, cell-signaling, anti-inflammatory), DL-Panthenol (Vitamin B5 derivative, humectant, skin-conditioning, anti-inflammatory), Sodium Hyaluronate (hydrating, skin-identical ingredient), Hydrolyzed Oats (humectant), Nannochloropsis Oculata (Algae Extract, anti-oxidant), Pullulan (algal polysaccharide, anti-oxidant, skin-identical ingredient), Glycerin (humectant, skin-identical ingredient), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Benzoic Acid (preservative), Dehydroacetic Acid (preservative). MAP is 15%, and B3 is at 10%, and the B5 is at 5%. Completely Fragrance-free and colorant-free. pH of 5-5.5

on 3/21/2015 3:06:00 PM

I was excited to try a MAP product since my skin did not tolerate NuFountain's C20. Unfortunately, my skin is reacting to this product as well. I'm getting round welts on my cheeks next to my nose and under my eyes. Fortunately, the welts and irritation disappear by the next day.

I also don't feel like this is hydrating enough for me. Even when applied on damp skin, my skin dries tight. Unlike other reviewers, I do feel that this leaves a film, and when I apply another moisturizer over it, I think I feel it coming of in dried dusty bits.

I do believe in the efficacy of the active ingredients, I like the dropper and the dark bottle, but this product is not for me.

on 3/14/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried homemade Vitamin C serum and Paula's Choice C, but I like this best. The price is reasonable, it's a perfect amount of moisturizing (not too greasy for my oily skin), absorbs quickly, never irritates my skin, is unscented, and is very effective at brightening my skin and evening out my skin tone. My only complaint, and it's minor, is that I have to order it off Amazon.com.
This is a thin liquid consistency. I apply about half a dropper of this serum to a cotton round and smooth it over my face and neck at night. Couldn't be easier or simpler. I think it's particularly useful when I'm using harsher products to spot treat acne - it doesn't lessen their effectiveness but it helps to protect the top layer of my skin from getting damaged.

Update 4-19-2015: After using this twice a day for several weeks, I'm seeing a more cumulative effect. Skintone is really evening out and my pores are appearing smaller. I am loving this and will def be repurchasing!

on 2/20/2014 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Amazing serum . Let me add my voice to the singing chorus .
This vitamin C serum has MAP (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate) and vit b5 (panthenol) Hyaluronic acid, and oats to hydrate and calm the skin
I applied this to damp skin, absorbed very quickly and left my skin feeling plumped and hydrated
I was devastated when I found out this was discontinued

But nufountain brought it back, in a dropper style bottle now, no more pump. I'll repurchase when I have the money to do so.

on 8/3/2013 10:28:00 AM

This is a "try it and see for yourself how great it is" product. I had never used a vitamin C serum before, and I had heard so many great things about this one that I had to buy a bottle just out of curiosity. Well the results it gave me make this one of the best skincare products I have ever tried.

This serum has a liquidy texture almost like water, I apply it by putting a few pumps onto a cotton pad then running the pad all over my cleansed skin. It dries without leaving a film or sticky feeling. I don't find it to be particularly moisturizing but my skin tends to get oily as the day goes on anyway so I don't add a moisturizer after I apply this serum, although others might find it necessary to do so.

And the results are beautifully impressive! Visibly smooth, glowy, younger-looking skin. No clogged pores or breakouts. I see a world of difference when I use this product vs. when I don't. At $30 for a 1oz bottle it may be a little pricey but it's much cheaper than other products I've bought that didn't deliver results that even came close to what this does for me. I love the added brightness and even skin tone WITHOUT irritation.

I love it and I'd definitely buy it again!

on 7/25/2013 2:51:00 PM

PROS:
- Contains magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (MAP) vitamin C, which is gentler and more stable than L-ascorbic acid (L-AA)
- Chockfull of other antioxidants, including niacinamide
- Minimal ingredient list with high concentration of actives
- Lightly moisturizing
- Reasonably priced compared to other vitamin C serums

CONS:
- Less effective at fading acne scars than L-AA (for me)
- Dubious pH level for niacinamide and MAP
- Tends to pill up under sunscreen or moisturizer
- Contains algae, which breaks some people out

BOTTOM LINE:
A solid antioxidant serum at a decent price, but I prefer L-AA.

UPDATE 2014/01/06:
Good news, everyone: NuFountain is now carrying this product again.

on 7/5/2013 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for nearly 3 months now. I have slightly oily, moderately acne/clog-prone skin that is occasionally prone to dehydration, and this serum provides the perfect amount of hydration for my skin. It makes my skin feel very smooth and soft. The texture is neither really thin nor really thick, just somewhere in the middle. I use one pump per face application. It absorbs immediately and is not sticky in my experience. I discovered awhile back that a combination of magnesium ascorbyl phosphate + niacinamide helps prevent and treat breakouts for me; I used benzoyl peroxide for years to control breakouts, but this combo has allowed me to give it up. This serum contains great amounts of both, and I've rarely had any pimples since using it. The price is also excellent, especially if you take advantage of the 3-for-2 deal.

Edit: June 2014- I discovered that Differin works wonders for my clogs and breakouts, and my skin responds better to L-ascorbic acid for brightening and fading scars. This is still an excellent MAP product that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for such a thing.

on 12/11/2012 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm 24 of asian heritage, golden medium tone, combo-oily that can get dehydrated in winter.
I have problem with uneven skintone and hyperpigmentations (freckles, sunspots and PIH-faded).

====UPDATE Jul12, 2013====
This was OOS after I finished my first bottle, so I strayed to SkinActives (New) Collagen Serum.
This is still the one that contributes to the glow. But since I started using Replenix Physical Sunscreen Spray which dries up my skin a bit, I have to use 3-pumps to make the glycerin coats my skin a bit thicker and keeps it plump and moist the whole day. It feels tacky at first, but quickly absorbs.
In comparison to SA's, this is thinner, with less aox but stronger actives. SA's might more immediately feels moisturizing, but overtime, I feel CelSignal contributes more to my skin.

I have been using this for a little bit more than a month and I'm only down to a-quarter to one-third of the bottle. One squirt is enough to cover my face and neck. Two would leave my skin a bit tacky.

This is a quite thick liquidy serum and absorbs very quick. CelSignal is feels really hydrating and nice and plump. But I would still put a light moisturizer on top of it, just to seal the hydration in. Although I did leave it once or twice without putting anything on, and although it left my skin a bit tight (I'd guess from the Niacinamide), but does not feel dehydrated.
It makes my skin super soft and almost poreless (save the nasty sebaceous filaments that still lurk around), no breakout (except TTOTM). Granted, my skin is quite resilient and can stand almost anything, except harsh cold wind.

After a month, I can say my skintone is getting more even although still not yet get to the level I expect. I also see slight improvements in my faded post-acne hyperpigmentations. The freckles are still there but they don't quite stand out the way they used to.
My skin is less oily on the T-zone, and I never wake up with oily face anymore.
I guess with treatments like this, real reasults can only be seen in a long term period of usage.
I use this in conjunction with some other anti-aging product (pls see my np), so they might help, too.

I love how smooth my skin look with my Lucy Minerals original foundation on, but I feel pretty good in my own skin, too. :) But when I put the foundation on, my skin looks AMAZING like I had a serious facial regimen. My boyf likes me without makeup, but when I put it on he can't stop saying how amazing I look. I always believe that no matter what makeup you put on, if the skin is healthy and good, anything will look amazing.

I feel CelSignal makes my skin a little more plumper, but then again I gained back a little weight since I started using it, so that might also be the culprit. :)

It comes in glass amber bottle with a pump. And professional looking label with the manufacturing date of the serum written on it. So the aox inside is granted well-preserved.

The CS is very, very helpful. They responded to my mails really quick and they went an extra mile to make sure that the package gets to me at the promised time. Awesome.

I used to use Silk Naturals Super Serum, and I like it because it has MSM and Venuceane, but less MAP. In comparison, SS feels less hydrating since it only has tamarind extract and panthenol as the hydrator. I always needed additional hydration (SN's Oatmeal Hydrating Serum - AMAZING stuff), but too lazy for additional step, I opted for NF's CelSignal that has both serum's functions in one.

Definitely repurchase. :)