NuFountain CelSignal Support

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
 NuFountain CelSignal Support

4.3

Purified Water, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C, anti-oxidant), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3, cell-signaling, anti-inflammatory), DL-Panthenol (Vitamin B5 derivative, humectant, skin-conditioning, anti-inflammatory), Sodium Hyaluronate (hydrating, skin-identical ingredient), Hydrolyzed Oats (humectant), Nannochloropsis Oculata (Algae Extract, anti-oxidant), Pullulan (algal polysaccharide, anti-oxidant, skin-identical ingredient), Glycerin (humectant, skin-identical ingredient), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Benzoic Acid (preservative), Dehydroacetic Acid (preservative). MAP is 15%, and B3 is at 10%, and the B5 is at 5%. Completely Fragrance-free and colorant-free. pH of 5-5.5

on 4/10/2018 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted this serum to work for me because it's got some pretty stellar ingredients in all the right percentages, and my skin won't tolerate L-Ascorbic Acid. But the god d*mn nannochloropsis oculata. The thing is I *know* my skin breaks out from algae, but I didn't recognize "nannochloropsis oculata" as such so I just blithely slapped this on my face, heedless of what was to come. Oh, and did I mention it lulled me into a false sense of security because it did that. It didn't break me out for like 10 solid days, and then... Armageddon. Honestly, the worst breakout I've had in a year or two (though thankfully not cystic). I really wanted the cause to be something else, but alas, it was not. If you aren't breakout prone/don't have issues with algae I'm sure this is a great serum, but if you do learn from my mistake and don't buy this.

on 3/14/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried homemade Vitamin C serum and Paula's Choice C, but I like this best. The price is reasonable, it's a perfect amount of moisturizing (not too greasy for my oily skin), absorbs quickly, never irritates my skin, is unscented, and is very effective at brightening my skin and evening out my skin tone. My only complaint, and it's minor, is that I have to order it off Amazon.com.
This is a thin liquid consistency. I apply about half a dropper of this serum to a cotton round and smooth it over my face and neck at night. Couldn't be easier or simpler. I think it's particularly useful when I'm using harsher products to spot treat acne - it doesn't lessen their effectiveness but it helps to protect the top layer of my skin from getting damaged.

Update 4-19-2015: After using this twice a day for several weeks, I'm seeing a more cumulative effect. Skintone is really evening out and my pores are appearing smaller. I am loving this and will def be repurchasing!

I have been trying many serums this past year trying to find the right combination of antioxidants to add to my daily routine of retain-a .05% cream, and I do believe this serum is the one I will stay with for as long as they make, or until I find another that contains niacinamide along with vitamin-c. Celsignal contains both ingredients in amounts that are effective for my skin, in a watery formulation in a glass bottle with a dropper. I have been using this for a month and my skin is extremely happy, and looks the best it ever has, and I'm 51. This product has taken everything up a notch, and added luminosity, even tone, and plumpness that my skin needs, and has allowed my skin to tolerate the retin-a better so that I can use it 6-7 nights per week. I use about a 3rd of a dropper full of this am and pm, and it is so light that it disappears almost immediately, and I have no problems layering my moisturizers, sunscreens and/or makeup on top. After one month of use, I have half a bottle left. The formula, being made fresh when ordered, has remained the same. Highly recommended!

on 2/20/2014 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Amazing serum . Let me add my voice to the singing chorus .
This vitamin C serum has MAP (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate) and vit b5 (panthenol) Hyaluronic acid, and oats to hydrate and calm the skin
I applied this to damp skin, absorbed very quickly and left my skin feeling plumped and hydrated
I was devastated when I found out this was discontinued

But nufountain brought it back, in a dropper style bottle now, no more pump. I'll repurchase when I have the money to do so.

on 1/26/2014 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have learned from experience that my sensitive skin does not tolerate L-AA Vit C well. However, this serum uses the much milder MAP version, and my skin loves it. It is slightly moisturizing - not immediately, but about 20 minutes after applied. I have an inner glow with regular use. I can definitely tell a difference in my skin. Vitamin C has been shown to provide multiple anti-aging benefits, so I am thankful I have finally found a serum that works for me.

NuFountain is a stellar company. Their products are shipped with a hand written "made date" so you know that it is fresh. Their prices are reasonable, and packaging is good. IMO anyone thinking they need a $100+ Vitamin C serum is just foolish, because NuFountain is all that at 1/4 the price!

on 7/25/2013 2:51:00 PM

PROS:
- Contains magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (MAP) vitamin C, which is gentler and more stable than L-ascorbic acid (L-AA)
- Chockfull of other antioxidants, including niacinamide
- Minimal ingredient list with high concentration of actives
- Lightly moisturizing
- Reasonably priced compared to other vitamin C serums

CONS:
- Less effective at fading acne scars than L-AA (for me)
- Dubious pH level for niacinamide and MAP
- Tends to pill up under sunscreen or moisturizer
- Contains algae, which breaks some people out

BOTTOM LINE:
A solid antioxidant serum at a decent price, but I prefer L-AA.

UPDATE 2014/01/06:
Good news, everyone: NuFountain is now carrying this product again.

on 4/10/2013 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

2ND UPDATE (07/10/13) OK, so I thought I'd revisit this serum. This is one of those skincare puzzles where I use up a whole bottle without any obvious problems. Then I repurchase and all kinds of things pop up....and not in a good way. This is totally annoying my skin, giving me those pesky little milia that I get from irritation. I won't be finishing up this bottle. :( UPDATE (05/25/13): On a whim, I used OH Truth Serum and my skin seemed to be happier, more radiant. Not sure if it's because OHTS is SAP though since SAP and MAP are cousins, I wouldn't think so. It's more likely the green tea which my skin has always seemed to love. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I am very surprised that my review is the second for this serum, given that so many on the SCB seem to love. I finally decided it was time to try it out. Prior to this, the algae and niacinamide were stopping me. But I've learned in the past year, that algae isn't always a deal-breaker (there's SO many different types) and my avoidance of niacinamide is based on an experience w/ Olay, years ago. So that needed to be revisited since I may have easily drawn the wrong conclusion. I will update. Please see the %'s of actives above under Ingredients: MAP is at 15%. B3 is at 10%. B5 is at 5%. I reconfirmed via email w/ NuFountain.

on 12/11/2012 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm 24 of asian heritage, golden medium tone, combo-oily that can get dehydrated in winter.
I have problem with uneven skintone and hyperpigmentations (freckles, sunspots and PIH-faded).

====UPDATE Jul12, 2013====
This was OOS after I finished my first bottle, so I strayed to SkinActives (New) Collagen Serum.
This is still the one that contributes to the glow. But since I started using Replenix Physical Sunscreen Spray which dries up my skin a bit, I have to use 3-pumps to make the glycerin coats my skin a bit thicker and keeps it plump and moist the whole day. It feels tacky at first, but quickly absorbs.
In comparison to SA's, this is thinner, with less aox but stronger actives. SA's might more immediately feels moisturizing, but overtime, I feel CelSignal contributes more to my skin.

I have been using this for a little bit more than a month and I'm only down to a-quarter to one-third of the bottle. One squirt is enough to cover my face and neck. Two would leave my skin a bit tacky.

This is a quite thick liquidy serum and absorbs very quick. CelSignal is feels really hydrating and nice and plump. But I would still put a light moisturizer on top of it, just to seal the hydration in. Although I did leave it once or twice without putting anything on, and although it left my skin a bit tight (I'd guess from the Niacinamide), but does not feel dehydrated.
It makes my skin super soft and almost poreless (save the nasty sebaceous filaments that still lurk around), no breakout (except TTOTM). Granted, my skin is quite resilient and can stand almost anything, except harsh cold wind.

After a month, I can say my skintone is getting more even although still not yet get to the level I expect. I also see slight improvements in my faded post-acne hyperpigmentations. The freckles are still there but they don't quite stand out the way they used to.
My skin is less oily on the T-zone, and I never wake up with oily face anymore.
I guess with treatments like this, real reasults can only be seen in a long term period of usage.
I use this in conjunction with some other anti-aging product (pls see my np), so they might help, too.

I love how smooth my skin look with my Lucy Minerals original foundation on, but I feel pretty good in my own skin, too. :) But when I put the foundation on, my skin looks AMAZING like I had a serious facial regimen. My boyf likes me without makeup, but when I put it on he can't stop saying how amazing I look. I always believe that no matter what makeup you put on, if the skin is healthy and good, anything will look amazing.

I feel CelSignal makes my skin a little more plumper, but then again I gained back a little weight since I started using it, so that might also be the culprit. :)

It comes in glass amber bottle with a pump. And professional looking label with the manufacturing date of the serum written on it. So the aox inside is granted well-preserved.

The CS is very, very helpful. They responded to my mails really quick and they went an extra mile to make sure that the package gets to me at the promised time. Awesome.

I used to use Silk Naturals Super Serum, and I like it because it has MSM and Venuceane, but less MAP. In comparison, SS feels less hydrating since it only has tamarind extract and panthenol as the hydrator. I always needed additional hydration (SN's Oatmeal Hydrating Serum - AMAZING stuff), but too lazy for additional step, I opted for NF's CelSignal that has both serum's functions in one.

Definitely repurchase. :)