NuFountain CelSignal Support

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
 NuFountain CelSignal Support

Purified Water, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C, anti-oxidant), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3, cell-signaling, anti-inflammatory), DL-Panthenol (Vitamin B5 derivative, humectant, skin-conditioning, anti-inflammatory), Sodium Hyaluronate (hydrating, skin-identical ingredient), Hydrolyzed Oats (humectant), Nannochloropsis Oculata (Algae Extract, anti-oxidant), Pullulan (algal polysaccharide, anti-oxidant, skin-identical ingredient), Glycerin (humectant, skin-identical ingredient), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Benzoic Acid (preservative), Dehydroacetic Acid (preservative). MAP is 15%, and B3 is at 10%, and the B5 is at 5%. Completely Fragrance-free and colorant-free. pH of 5-5.5

on 3/14/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried homemade Vitamin C serum and Paula's Choice C, but I like this best. The price is reasonable, it's a perfect amount of moisturizing (not too greasy for my oily skin), absorbs quickly, never irritates my skin, is unscented, and is very effective at brightening my skin and evening out my skin tone. My only complaint, and it's minor, is that I have to order it off Amazon.com.
This is a thin liquid consistency. I apply about half a dropper of this serum to a cotton round and smooth it over my face and neck at night. Couldn't be easier or simpler. I think it's particularly useful when I'm using harsher products to spot treat acne - it doesn't lessen their effectiveness but it helps to protect the top layer of my skin from getting damaged.

Update 4-19-2015: After using this twice a day for several weeks, I'm seeing a more cumulative effect. Skintone is really evening out and my pores are appearing smaller. I am loving this and will def be repurchasing!

on 7/25/2013 2:51:00 PM

PROS:
- Contains magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (MAP) vitamin C, which is gentler and more stable than L-ascorbic acid (L-AA)
- Chockfull of other antioxidants, including niacinamide
- Minimal ingredient list with high concentration of actives
- Lightly moisturizing
- Reasonably priced compared to other vitamin C serums

CONS:
- Less effective at fading acne scars than L-AA (for me)
- Dubious pH level for niacinamide and MAP
- Tends to pill up under sunscreen or moisturizer
- Contains algae, which breaks some people out

BOTTOM LINE:
A solid antioxidant serum at a decent price, but I prefer L-AA.

UPDATE 2014/01/06:
Good news, everyone: NuFountain is now carrying this product again.

on 4/17/2013 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Mid 30s dryish sensitive skin. I am a big fan of ole's truth serum, have been using it for 3+ years. However the bottle runs out quickly in our household with liberal 2x daily use x 2 people and it gets expensive. I am not bothered by algae, already enjoy the benefits of niacinamide in several other skin care products, this also contains hyaluronic acid and with such a high concentration of MAP, it was worth a try at such a great price point.

After using this for a month, i am blown away by the results. It is somewhat thicker than Ole's truth serum and is definitely much more moisturizing which for my dryish skin is a blessing.. A light discoloration on my cheek that had been there a while completely faded after 1 week use. I am very satisfied with how even and healthy my skin tone is and no acne breakouts.

I still have my bottle of truth serum for pm use as it contains other antioxidants i dont want to miss out on, but nufountains celsignal support has now become my am serum. Highly recommend

on 4/10/2013 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

2ND UPDATE (07/10/13) OK, so I thought I'd revisit this serum. This is one of those skincare puzzles where I use up a whole bottle without any obvious problems. Then I repurchase and all kinds of things pop up....and not in a good way. This is totally annoying my skin, giving me those pesky little milia that I get from irritation. I won't be finishing up this bottle. :( UPDATE (05/25/13): On a whim, I used OH Truth Serum and my skin seemed to be happier, more radiant. Not sure if it's because OHTS is SAP though since SAP and MAP are cousins, I wouldn't think so. It's more likely the green tea which my skin has always seemed to love. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I am very surprised that my review is the second for this serum, given that so many on the SCB seem to love. I finally decided it was time to try it out. Prior to this, the algae and niacinamide were stopping me. But I've learned in the past year, that algae isn't always a deal-breaker (there's SO many different types) and my avoidance of niacinamide is based on an experience w/ Olay, years ago. So that needed to be revisited since I may have easily drawn the wrong conclusion. I will update. Please see the %'s of actives above under Ingredients: MAP is at 15%. B3 is at 10%. B5 is at 5%. I reconfirmed via email w/ NuFountain.