NuFountain CelSignal Support

Filtered by age: 25-29
 NuFountain CelSignal Support

3.8

Purified Water, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C, anti-oxidant), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3, cell-signaling, anti-inflammatory), DL-Panthenol (Vitamin B5 derivative, humectant, skin-conditioning, anti-inflammatory), Sodium Hyaluronate (hydrating, skin-identical ingredient), Hydrolyzed Oats (humectant), Nannochloropsis Oculata (Algae Extract, anti-oxidant), Pullulan (algal polysaccharide, anti-oxidant, skin-identical ingredient), Glycerin (humectant, skin-identical ingredient), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Benzoic Acid (preservative), Dehydroacetic Acid (preservative). MAP is 15%, and B3 is at 10%, and the B5 is at 5%. Completely Fragrance-free and colorant-free. pH of 5-5.5

on 3/21/2015 3:06:00 PM

I was excited to try a MAP product since my skin did not tolerate NuFountain's C20. Unfortunately, my skin is reacting to this product as well. I'm getting round welts on my cheeks next to my nose and under my eyes. Fortunately, the welts and irritation disappear by the next day.

I also don't feel like this is hydrating enough for me. Even when applied on damp skin, my skin dries tight. Unlike other reviewers, I do feel that this leaves a film, and when I apply another moisturizer over it, I think I feel it coming of in dried dusty bits.

I do believe in the efficacy of the active ingredients, I like the dropper and the dark bottle, but this product is not for me.

on 7/25/2013 2:51:00 PM

PROS:
- Contains magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (MAP) vitamin C, which is gentler and more stable than L-ascorbic acid (L-AA)
- Chockfull of other antioxidants, including niacinamide
- Minimal ingredient list with high concentration of actives
- Lightly moisturizing
- Reasonably priced compared to other vitamin C serums

CONS:
- Less effective at fading acne scars than L-AA (for me)
- Dubious pH level for niacinamide and MAP
- Tends to pill up under sunscreen or moisturizer
- Contains algae, which breaks some people out

BOTTOM LINE:
A solid antioxidant serum at a decent price, but I prefer L-AA.

UPDATE 2014/01/06:
Good news, everyone: NuFountain is now carrying this product again.

on 7/5/2013 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for nearly 3 months now. I have slightly oily, moderately acne/clog-prone skin that is occasionally prone to dehydration, and this serum provides the perfect amount of hydration for my skin. It makes my skin feel very smooth and soft. The texture is neither really thin nor really thick, just somewhere in the middle. I use one pump per face application. It absorbs immediately and is not sticky in my experience. I discovered awhile back that a combination of magnesium ascorbyl phosphate + niacinamide helps prevent and treat breakouts for me; I used benzoyl peroxide for years to control breakouts, but this combo has allowed me to give it up. This serum contains great amounts of both, and I've rarely had any pimples since using it. The price is also excellent, especially if you take advantage of the 3-for-2 deal.

Edit: June 2014- I discovered that Differin works wonders for my clogs and breakouts, and my skin responds better to L-ascorbic acid for brightening and fading scars. This is still an excellent MAP product that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for such a thing.

I have been trying vit c serums for a few years now both homemade and purchased. Recently, silk naturals mama's helper was the first one I have found that didn't break me out. I was "making it work" but boy was it drying out my skin. This is definitely more moisturizing and I am hoping as effective if not more. Plus, my skin loves niacinamide. Will update about any results later but so far so good.

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

image