AmorePacific Sulwhasoo White Ginseng Brightening Mask

No Image

2.7

on 12/11/2012 5:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a sample of this and I am very glad I didn't buy the full size. Despite of this being called a "Mask", it is really just a face scrub. A very very mild one. Grains are synthetic and super gentle, you hardly feel anything when you are massaging your face with it. This staff leaves my face fresh and bright, but doesn't give you that "just had facial" feel you are after when you are purchasing a mask. Sulwhasoo has tons of great effective staff, but this mask I won't be purchasing.

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Like the other reviewer, I'm glad I only got this as a sample and didn't actually purchase it. Even as a Korean I just couldn't get into this at all. The strong herbal smell reminded me of the han-yak (Korean herbal medicine) my mother used to force me to drink as a kid! Let's just say it's an acquired taste that you will either love or hate. Even if I could get past the scent, I don't think it actually did anything for my skin. It didn't really moisturize or smooth anything out. Other reviews I've read on the Internet are also very hit and miss. There are other cleansers and scrubs out there that are more effective, at cheaper price points, than this brand. I think it's grossly overrated and overpriced. I just couldn't get into it despite the hype!

on 7/21/2013 2:08:00 AM

I loved this mask - it smelled heavenly and left my skin feeling very nourished, bright and soft.