Embryolisse Lait Fluide

Embryolisse Lait Fluide

4.8

Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum ParkII, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14, Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1-2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.

on 7/29/2016 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is good stuff. I am now on my second bottle and I anticipate that I will be continuing to purchase it for many years to come,

Starting with the cream itself, let's get out of the way one thing - this moisturiser isn't anything particularly exciting. It is scented lightly in a clean unobtrusive but definitely drugstore product way. The packaging is utilitarian - and I am a sucker for fancy packaging so this bottle gets stored in my medicine cabinet rather than on my top shelf. Nor is the ingredients list composed of anything organic or unbelievably luxe. In fact this product is paraffin based (so is the Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentree which is meant for the face). Now normally I would be turned off by the presence of mineral oil and paraffin in skincare (in fact I would run a mile) but I have actually found that they really work nicely for the body. The blandness and occlusive texture of the formula combined with the lack of potentially irritating plant based oils makes this perfect for sensitive, dry, irritated skin. I have occasional rashes associated with eczema and this works great when I have flare ups.

In general, this is a really good workhorse product. I don't like the idea of spending tons on body cream since it gets used up pretty quickly with me. However, at the same time, I will never be okay with a big bottle of Nivea from the drugstore...I need something a little more fancy than that. The Embryolisse Lait Creme Fluide is just nice enough (there's the French pharmacy thing and also the cult following it has - Jane Birkin included) that I am able to enjoy it without feeling the need to ration my use.

Other thing: this is amazing and I'd go so far as to say essential as an eye makeup magical corrector. I get perfect flicked up eyeliner by using a little of this on a q-tip and just swiping out any mess or cleaning up the lines. It's good enough to buy for that alone!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is their bodycare equivalent of Lait creme concentre. It has the same scent, its just a bit lighter in texture. It absorbs nicely and my skin feels very soft afterwards. Definitely recommend for normal to dry skin types.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this and was really impressed with it. This is smooth and light and moisturized my skin perfectly before makeup. I was happy that this did not break me out which I sometimes have problems with as I do have acne. This has a light, non-irritating scent. I love that this was a light moisturizer that a little goes a long way. I had an average size sample and I was able to get several uses out of the packet. I will defintely look at purchasing this the next time I use moisturizer.

on 12/11/2012 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

If you love the cult item, Embryolisse Creme Concentre, then you might want to consider the Fluide version as well. The ingredients are EXACTLY the same! I suffer from dry, very sensitive skin and find that this product makes my skin feel dreamy. I slather myself in it, and for about the same price as the 75ml tube of concentre, I get 500mls!!! Yes, it's a bit lighter in texture, but it has the same moisturising properties and I have been managing just fine with it through this already cold winter. I find it ALMOST as good under makeup - so really it's wonderful for every day schlepping about. I keep the concentre for special occasions or for when my skin needs a bit of a kick. LOVE IT!!!

on 12/2/2013 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't think this stuff could be any more perfect!! I love Embryolisse in general - and this is no exception. I've gone through several bottles of this and it's a great multi-tasking lotion. Very light in texture and softly scented this soothes and softens my dry skin on body or face. It's great to apply before make-up, and sometimes I use it to cleanse or remove make-up. It's great left on in a thicker layer as a mask for dry skin, then tissued off or pat remaining into skin. This makes my chest, face, legs, arms, everywhere I use it just glow and look supple and touchable. I love the bigger size too and find no difference (except texture) between this and the original thicker Embryolisse 24hr cream in the small tube. Seriously - I can't live without this.