L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Eyeshadow

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

1.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

First and foremost, I'm still a novice at applying eye shadow. Even though I've been wearing makeup for nearly 20 years, I'm still not confident with my application technique or picking colors. For this reason, I love the little eye shadow kits that have directions on the back telling you where to put the colors. I picked this quad up in Cookie and Cream because I'm desperately trying to get away from wearing boring browns because I'm tan (think Beyonce's coloring) with brown eyes and brown shadow just makes me look blah and boring. Anyhow, I got this because it was on sale at Walgreens (some buy one, get one half off deal) and I thought greys might be flattering.

This quad includes two greys, one white for the brow bone and a black sparkly shadow for the liner. The less darker of the grey that goes on the lid is nice enough as are the other colors. I particularly like the sparkly black shadow as I can actually line my upper lids without looking like I applied it drunk if I use gel or pencil. For that reason, I'm glad I found this quad otherwise I likely wouldn't have tried this technique. The colors and the look is decent enough but these shadows are not very pigmented. I use Shu Uemura brushes to apply this (the spongy brush this comes with is useless) and it took quite a bit of patting and swipping to pick up some color. I also had to apply quite a bit to cover my skin. The lighter colors barely show up on me though I can see a hint of shimmer in the right light. I followed the vague direction on the back and admittedly, I like the look. It's probably not a great look for me on a daily basis or for more a casual look but definitely a nice date night look (Reminder to self: Get a date!).

While I am glad I got this for the directions and the colors are nice enough, these shadows tend to produce a lot of fallout. Before I even finished applying eye liner and mascara, the shadows had transfered under my eyes and on my cheeks. I had chunks of sparkle on my cheeks and now, sitting here with this on my lids, I can feel some of the shadow in my eye ball. This has happened with other L'Oreal shadows in the past so I know it's not my liner or mascara.

After this experience, I doubt I'll continue to buy L'Oreal shadows. I rarely like any of their cosmetics but their packaging and colors keep sucking me in when I'm in a makeup buying mood especially if they're on sale. I'd recommend these if you're just starting out because the directions are easy to follow or if you're still experimenting with your look but I can't image this being a staple or an HG kind of product. There are better shadows out there that are more pigmented and don't end up on your under eye and cheek area.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Why, why, WHY did I not read the reviews before buying this?! What on earth was I thinking? Probably not much, I was mostly just attracted to the pretty colors and had a coupon. Even with the coupon, it's still a waste.
The pigmentation is ridiculously poor. The shadows are as difficult as Lindsay Lohan in an interview. They simply do not blend and look chalky as can be.
And the packaging...yeesh. It looks pretty from the outside, but broke the second I got home.
In short, I've had MUCH better quality from my Wet 'n' Wild shadows. Heck, my .99 Profusion palette kicks this piece of junk to the curb.
My advice: Save your money. It's better spent on cheaper palettes.

Awful. Terrible. Save your money. This is the least pigmented eyeshadow I have ever encountered, the fallout is ridiculous, and every bit migrates into the crease, giving you a lovely muddy stripe by the end of the day. No complaints about the packaging, but I'd rather have a good product in an unattractive package than this garbage. The price is just low enough where it's not worth returning, but high enough for me to be annoyed and leave a bad review.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the newly released Colour Riche quad in 840 Snooze Addict which is a neutral quad. The packaging is ok, albeit a bit old fashioned looking. Price was typical for drugstore stuff. The pigmentation of these shadows is awful. If you've tried the old Infalliable Wear Infinite Quads, the pigmentation is poor on those as well. You would think that if L'Oreal was releasing new stuff they would improve on the quality, but no, these are no improvement. All I got was sparse shimmer despite using UDPP and the sponge tip applicator which usually deposits a bit more shadow. Save your money.