L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Eyeshadow

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've edited my review and added photos.

I' reviewing the L'oreal Color Riche Les Ombres True Nudes in the color N1 Rose Nude. It cost me US$15.

It seems like there is a difference in formulation for every quad as well as different types of quad for every country.

It was an impulsive buy. When I saw low ratings and bad reviews about these quads it took me time to try my quad out, because I was considering returning them. Despite colors being too metallic for everyday they are nicely pigmented. Above average for drugstore, indeed. It may be on pair with MAC but the pigmentation may be the result of very frost, metallic finish. Compared to my UD eyeshadows, these do lack the metallic-ness and pigmentation. The powder transfers very good with any kind of brush (Bdellium, RT, MAC, Sephora), and you get very opaque coverage. It's the best palette I've bought in a drugstore. I like the quality of the eyeshadows (good pigmentation, colors aren't similar one to another).

The quad consist of four complementary eyeshadows. I've added photos. The shadows lasted me 7 hrs before they started to fade, slightly. I've used in conjunction with UDPP. I wouldn't use only this palette for making any look. The colors are to intense, and too pink for my taste and make you look like you've been crying (I'm curious how does Naked 3 look on pale people!). The shades are more or less similar in the intensity, which means there's no true highlighting shade. The shade no. 1, though light, is too pink for my taste to be used as a highlighter. The darkest shade, no. 4, though dark, semi-matte and pigmented 3/5, is good for darkening, or smokey-ing out, but not for sharp lining. The two middle colors are good for evening makeup for all over lid.

The colors are pretty, and having the Naked 1 palette, this one makes the neutral palette go pink. I think it's worth the money, though, not US$15 how much I paid, but US$10 I wouldn't mind paying for it. It's nowhere stated how much products you get. I must say I'm astonished how low rating this Color Riche have. They're much, MUCH better then Bourjois eyeshadows, which lack of pigmentation and aren't transferable. They're good as some Max Factor eyeshdows (I've tried only the NEWEST one, the palette-like ones)

The lightest shade in the palette (no. 1) is a baby pink/olive green duo chrome eyeshadow. I didn't notice the duo chrome-ness before, but when I applied the eyeshadow on my whole lid, I saw the olive green hue. I really like this one! I think it's not the best highlighting shade for pale skin (NC15, Bourjis 51) because it has too much pink in it and makes your eyes look sore. But all over lid, in combination with a taupe or a brown shade in crease & outer v - really pretty. I would compare it to UD Sin (Naked palette). Sin is very pigmented, has a metallic sheen and doesn't have that green hue. It's more opaque. No. 1 looks more neutral (skin like) compared to Sin.

The second lightest, middle shade (no. 2) is a warm brown eyeshadow with a hint of pink. It's a pretty dark shade, which I wouldn't use in daytime for work. I would compare it to UD Toasted (Naked palette). Toasted is a stronger, more pigmented shade it a metallic finish. But the shades are similar enough not to have both.

The third shade (no. 3) is supposed to be a highlighting shade for the inner corner. It's a really dark shadow! The intensity is the same as the no. 2. It looks really pink, and applies really good. I don't like it using it as an all over lid because of the metallic finish and strong pink coloring. It looks really pretty in the crease. At first I thought it looks kinda similar to UD Last Call (Ammo 2 palette) but it doesn't at all, so I haven't swatched it next to no. 3. LAst call is berry purple and -wow- how pigmented. Comparing them side to side, no. 3 looks like it has some orange in it, too (like a few drops of MAC Paradisco in it).

The fourth shade (no. 4) is a dark neutral brown. Swatched, it looks matte. The pigmentation is not the best, but it isn't bad either. It's workable. Good for deepening the look (placing in the crease). I've swatched it next to UD Darkhorse (Naked palette). Darhorse has gold in it, but the base looks exactly the same.

For those of you in Europe, this is the prettiest quad that's available. The colors are more unique, because although being neutral palette the colors lean/are pink. I'm pale with a warm yellowish undertone and they fit me nicely. I would recommend the palette for fair to medium, warm skin-tones. On darker skin-tones it may not be so noticeable, but definitely should try and see. It could be a nice everyday palette for darker skin-tones. Either way, the quality of each L'oreal palette differs and each one should be swatched prior purchasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this in So Over It and I love it. The shadows are buttery and richly pigmented. They were easy to blend and just beautiful for fall time. This is the only quad I have from this line so I cannot vouch for all the other compacts but if you are going to buy one invest in the So Over It! So gorgeous girl!