L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Eyeshadow

2.6

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

What the--seriously? I must be buying a completely different product than the rest of y'all, because from my perspective, we've got GAMECHANGERS on our hands. This is the new standard by which all future high-street eyeshadow should be judged.

I'll tell you a story. In the past, one of the only two drugstore makeup items I considered categorically inferior was eyeshadow. (A distinction now reserved for eyebrow pencils, but we'll address that another time.) The singles were always chalky, anemic, left big old piebald patches when you tried to blend them...the palettes were either too conventional or not conventional enough, if that makes sense...they wouldn't stick to the lid, even if you tried to glue them into place with another product...with the sporadic exception, they were just plain awful. I honestly didn't expect great things from these at first, either. I initially saw them at Ulta, and the selection was fairly limited, so although they caught my eye with their newness, I don't remember being knocked out of my socks by them. Then Target displayed the whole line, and it literally took me half an hour to choose just one, because that was all I could afford at the time.

I have four now, all from the Brazen/ Bold subcategory, I think (Hollywood Icon, Shopping Spree, Blue Haute Couture, Neon Skirt), but the good news here is, you can get any look you could possibly be after: basic, smokey, or bright. The pigments are just rich enough (no, they're not going to wrestle your eyelid to the ground--get over yourselves), they submit to the will of my blending brush, and the shade groupings are so clever. My hands-down favourite is Shopping Spree, which has the gall to pair coral with, not brown, but GUNMETAL--come on, now, who thinks of that? Warm and cool, together on the same eye, and by Wedge Antilles, it WORKS. Then, they complete the one-two punch by offering a variety of textures and finishes. Yes, the majority of them shimmer, as is a common complaint about drugstore eyeshadow, but you know what? This issue transcends price range. Just three days ago I was kicking off about neither MAC nor Urban Decay carrying matte pastels/ brights (I do love my Naked2 palette more than morning coffee and my parents, but more on that later). So that tip needs to be retired already. Ready for some more good news? If you're into matte neutrals but can't afford the UD Naked Basics palette, Cuppa Joe has you covered. All you'd need to pick up is a matte black.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Why, why, WHY did I not read the reviews before buying this?! What on earth was I thinking? Probably not much, I was mostly just attracted to the pretty colors and had a coupon. Even with the coupon, it's still a waste.
The pigmentation is ridiculously poor. The shadows are as difficult as Lindsay Lohan in an interview. They simply do not blend and look chalky as can be.
And the packaging...yeesh. It looks pretty from the outside, but broke the second I got home.
In short, I've had MUCH better quality from my Wet 'n' Wild shadows. Heck, my .99 Profusion palette kicks this piece of junk to the curb.
My advice: Save your money. It's better spent on cheaper palettes.

Awful. Terrible. Save your money. This is the least pigmented eyeshadow I have ever encountered, the fallout is ridiculous, and every bit migrates into the crease, giving you a lovely muddy stripe by the end of the day. No complaints about the packaging, but I'd rather have a good product in an unattractive package than this garbage. The price is just low enough where it's not worth returning, but high enough for me to be annoyed and leave a bad review.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've edited my review and added photos.

I' reviewing the L'oreal Color Riche Les Ombres True Nudes in the color N1 Rose Nude. It cost me US$15.

It seems like there is a difference in formulation for every quad as well as different types of quad for every country.

It was an impulsive buy. When I saw low ratings and bad reviews about these quads it took me time to try my quad out, because I was considering returning them. Despite colors being too metallic for everyday they are nicely pigmented. Above average for drugstore, indeed. It may be on pair with MAC but the pigmentation may be the result of very frost, metallic finish. Compared to my UD eyeshadows, these do lack the metallic-ness and pigmentation. The powder transfers very good with any kind of brush (Bdellium, RT, MAC, Sephora), and you get very opaque coverage. It's the best palette I've bought in a drugstore. I like the quality of the eyeshadows (good pigmentation, colors aren't similar one to another).

The quad consist of four complementary eyeshadows. I've added photos. The shadows lasted me 7 hrs before they started to fade, slightly. I've used in conjunction with UDPP. I wouldn't use only this palette for making any look. The colors are to intense, and too pink for my taste and make you look like you've been crying (I'm curious how does Naked 3 look on pale people!). The shades are more or less similar in the intensity, which means there's no true highlighting shade. The shade no. 1, though light, is too pink for my taste to be used as a highlighter. The darkest shade, no. 4, though dark, semi-matte and pigmented 3/5, is good for darkening, or smokey-ing out, but not for sharp lining. The two middle colors are good for evening makeup for all over lid.

The colors are pretty, and having the Naked 1 palette, this one makes the neutral palette go pink. I think it's worth the money, though, not US$15 how much I paid, but US$10 I wouldn't mind paying for it. It's nowhere stated how much products you get. I must say I'm astonished how low rating this Color Riche have. They're much, MUCH better then Bourjois eyeshadows, which lack of pigmentation and aren't transferable. They're good as some Max Factor eyeshdows (I've tried only the NEWEST one, the palette-like ones)

The lightest shade in the palette (no. 1) is a baby pink/olive green duo chrome eyeshadow. I didn't notice the duo chrome-ness before, but when I applied the eyeshadow on my whole lid, I saw the olive green hue. I really like this one! I think it's not the best highlighting shade for pale skin (NC15, Bourjis 51) because it has too much pink in it and makes your eyes look sore. But all over lid, in combination with a taupe or a brown shade in crease & outer v - really pretty. I would compare it to UD Sin (Naked palette). Sin is very pigmented, has a metallic sheen and doesn't have that green hue. It's more opaque. No. 1 looks more neutral (skin like) compared to Sin.

The second lightest, middle shade (no. 2) is a warm brown eyeshadow with a hint of pink. It's a pretty dark shade, which I wouldn't use in daytime for work. I would compare it to UD Toasted (Naked palette). Toasted is a stronger, more pigmented shade it a metallic finish. But the shades are similar enough not to have both.

The third shade (no. 3) is supposed to be a highlighting shade for the inner corner. It's a really dark shadow! The intensity is the same as the no. 2. It looks really pink, and applies really good. I don't like it using it as an all over lid because of the metallic finish and strong pink coloring. It looks really pretty in the crease. At first I thought it looks kinda similar to UD Last Call (Ammo 2 palette) but it doesn't at all, so I haven't swatched it next to no. 3. LAst call is berry purple and -wow- how pigmented. Comparing them side to side, no. 3 looks like it has some orange in it, too (like a few drops of MAC Paradisco in it).

The fourth shade (no. 4) is a dark neutral brown. Swatched, it looks matte. The pigmentation is not the best, but it isn't bad either. It's workable. Good for deepening the look (placing in the crease). I've swatched it next to UD Darkhorse (Naked palette). Darhorse has gold in it, but the base looks exactly the same.

For those of you in Europe, this is the prettiest quad that's available. The colors are more unique, because although being neutral palette the colors lean/are pink. I'm pale with a warm yellowish undertone and they fit me nicely. I would recommend the palette for fair to medium, warm skin-tones. On darker skin-tones it may not be so noticeable, but definitely should try and see. It could be a nice everyday palette for darker skin-tones. Either way, the quality of each L'oreal palette differs and each one should be swatched prior purchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

First and foremost, I'm still a novice at applying eye shadow. Even though I've been wearing makeup for nearly 20 years, I'm still not confident with my application technique or picking colors. For this reason, I love the little eye shadow kits that have directions on the back telling you where to put the colors. I picked this quad up in Cookie and Cream because I'm desperately trying to get away from wearing boring browns because I'm tan (think Beyonce's coloring) with brown eyes and brown shadow just makes me look blah and boring. Anyhow, I got this because it was on sale at Walgreens (some buy one, get one half off deal) and I thought greys might be flattering.

This quad includes two greys, one white for the brow bone and a black sparkly shadow for the liner. The less darker of the grey that goes on the lid is nice enough as are the other colors. I particularly like the sparkly black shadow as I can actually line my upper lids without looking like I applied it drunk if I use gel or pencil. For that reason, I'm glad I found this quad otherwise I likely wouldn't have tried this technique. The colors and the look is decent enough but these shadows are not very pigmented. I use Shu Uemura brushes to apply this (the spongy brush this comes with is useless) and it took quite a bit of patting and swipping to pick up some color. I also had to apply quite a bit to cover my skin. The lighter colors barely show up on me though I can see a hint of shimmer in the right light. I followed the vague direction on the back and admittedly, I like the look. It's probably not a great look for me on a daily basis or for more a casual look but definitely a nice date night look (Reminder to self: Get a date!).

While I am glad I got this for the directions and the colors are nice enough, these shadows tend to produce a lot of fallout. Before I even finished applying eye liner and mascara, the shadows had transfered under my eyes and on my cheeks. I had chunks of sparkle on my cheeks and now, sitting here with this on my lids, I can feel some of the shadow in my eye ball. This has happened with other L'Oreal shadows in the past so I know it's not my liner or mascara.

After this experience, I doubt I'll continue to buy L'Oreal shadows. I rarely like any of their cosmetics but their packaging and colors keep sucking me in when I'm in a makeup buying mood especially if they're on sale. I'd recommend these if you're just starting out because the directions are easy to follow or if you're still experimenting with your look but I can't image this being a staple or an HG kind of product. There are better shadows out there that are more pigmented and don't end up on your under eye and cheek area.

I have the 560 Shopping Spree collection and it's not all that! The colors are so beautiful in the package but once applied on the eye there's basically no coloring except for the "carbon" black color that you use as the eyeliner.
I was really hoping that this would be as good as the "HIP" line but it's not sorry to say.
Save your $8. BUT IF YOU DO END UP BUYING IT SAVE YOUR RECEIPT SO YOU CAN TAKE IT BACK!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the newly released Colour Riche quad in 840 Snooze Addict which is a neutral quad. The packaging is ok, albeit a bit old fashioned looking. Price was typical for drugstore stuff. The pigmentation of these shadows is awful. If you've tried the old Infalliable Wear Infinite Quads, the pigmentation is poor on those as well. You would think that if L'Oreal was releasing new stuff they would improve on the quality, but no, these are no improvement. All I got was sparse shimmer despite using UDPP and the sponge tip applicator which usually deposits a bit more shadow. Save your money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought all of these for 2.50 a piece (CAD) from HealthSnap. Was it worth it? Sort of!

First of all, they had high fallout. I had to cover my undereye with paper towel so that I didn't get colourful under eyes, I mean , they're already purple and blue enough as it is.

Secondly, although the colours in the package look BEAUTIFUL, they are not highly pigmented and on me, with primer, lasted maybe an hour, if that.

The cuppa joe palette , I found, was the most true to colour. The rest? Not so much!

It wasn't a total waste because my toddler daughter who likes to play with Mums makeup now has a bunch of new eyeshadow that with a WET applicator, gets to apply to her hearts content, under my supervision of course :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Cuppa Joe, and I absolutely love it! It's the perfect neutral-nude for me, I've bought it 3 times already... which is a big deal since I'm an eyeshadow whore! I never spend a ton on eye makeup because I wear contacts and I throw it all out every 2 months, but this is one of the best drugstore shadows, hands down. With summer coming I'd definitely like to try more jewel-toned palettes and I know they'll be great quality. My only beef with this is that the narrow, elongated design makes it harder to get just one color on my brush. And speaking of brushes, one of the reviews of this says the colors don't pick up well, but I have some middling-quality brushes that work just fine and some cheap ones that just don't pick up and lay down color very well. I have no idea what that reviewer uses, but overall I think getting some tools that are quality is definitely worth it. Having good tools can sometimes make a cheap product purchase worth it, IMO.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this product. I have been using it for a long time now will continue! It stays on the brush well in order to apply it, and blends beautifully. Having good brushes helps though, which I do. I hear some people on here say that is an issue and I believe that a good brush does make a huge difference. I work 12 hour shifts in law enforcement and it easily stays on and lasts me for my entire shift on duty. I always use Good Luck Charm, and Cupa Joe. Great product, highly recommended!