Becca Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation

Becca Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation

3.3

This formula is water-resistant, and is formulated without parabens, fragrances, phenoxyethanol, talc, alcohol and chemical dyes. Mica, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Squalane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Trimyristin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dipropylene Glycol, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenyl Triacetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Water/Aqua/Eau, p-Anisic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate. May contain [ /-]: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Firstly, I'd like to state this product is my new HG. I've been in between mineral foundations for the past 10 years (Bare Minerals/Laura Mercier/Tarte Amazonian Clay/MAC Mineralize, etc.) and this is IT! My skin is extreme combination - VERY patchy with dry spots (to the point of flaking and peeling) around my t-zone, yet also VERY oily in the same areas. It's been nearly impossible, and a tragic journey to find a product to stay in place all day/provide coverage/not separate with my difficult skin...until now. Becca is a game changer.

I first use a primer (either Hourglass Veil or Becca Matte Poreless) and a thin application of liquid foundation (Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet) applied with a Beauty Blender. I then dust on a small amount of this glorious Becca powder. It is truly unreal the flawless, glowing, skin-like finish I get (with amazing coverage). I literally use the smallest amount and it looks stunning. It lasts all day with minimal touch up, doesn't settle into my large pores, doesn't separate, doesn't settle into or accentuate my dry patches, doesn't accentuate my fine lines, and maintains a dewy finish (not quite luminous but not quite matte either - just right).

I cannot comment regarding its use strictly as a solo foundation as I've always applied a thin layer of liquid foundation underneath it (I find it makes it much more bendable and smooth this way - and surprisingly natural). But I'm hooked - hooked! I'm literally in awe at the texture and appearance of my skin when I use this. Even my husband noticed - he said I didn't look as tired as normal (ummm, thanks babe! 😒). FYI we have a newborn baby so I'm running on zero sleep.

I'm in love, and SO over Bare Minerals and all other mineral foundations from here on out.

This is ok. Fortunately, I have good skin. It works great with her matte primer. If you have acne or scaring, hyper pigmentation, don't buy this because it provides absolutely no coverage. I, personally like a natural look, so it works for me. If your in the market for it, get a sample of it at Sephora. Doesn't oxidize --- at all and the colors go on 1.5 shades darker than what's in the pan. So, for example, if you look at my picture, one would say that my color would be Sand or Nude, and that was the sample I got. Well, when I put it on my face it went on a deep, tan/ orange tone and looked terrible. I ended up getting Shell which is the second to lightest shade and I feel, it's still just a teensy bit too dark for me. So, I like this foundation for the natural coverage, natural finish, and it also last over 10 hours with or with out her primer. Note: I went to the gym with this on and ran on the treadmill for 5 miles and this foundation didn't go any wear!!!! If I wear it in conjunction with Paula's Choice Healthy Finish Pressed Powder SPF 15, I get full coverage and my skin looks spectacular. It's just that, alone, you can't quite build this up to medium coverage. I would say light, to not quite medium coverage.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/17/2015 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

EDIT: i realized that this powder is basically only a setting powder. When i first apply it over foundation, my skin looks matte, smooth, and poreless. But after wearing it consecutively for a few weeks i have noticed that it does not stay at all and after about 5 hours the powder literally disappears from my face lol... But it does not mess with my foundation so i still like the powder but probably wouldnt repurchase because im looking for a more longer wearing one.

I needed a good mineral powder and was torn between this one and the laura mercier one. The MUA at sephora put some of each on either side of my face. I was wearing Stila stay all day foundation underneath. I looked at each side and i loved the way the Becca one looked. Just for reference, i have really oily skin and a lot of minor post acne red marks to cover up. I bought this one and wore it over the Stila foundation later that night for a wedding. My skin looked amazing, even in high resolution pictures. Also my skin stayed matte for a good amount of time and wasn't extremely oily by the end of the night even after dancing for hours. The reason I took off a lippie was because I tried to use the powder by itself with no foundation or anything underneath, and it made my skin look DRY. My skin is literally never dry. I actually had to dig out my old curel moisturizer and dab some onto my face it was that bad. But with the Stila foundation underneath, it looks amazing so i don't even mind!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this powder. The MA at Ulta recommended it highly, so I thought I would give it a try. I have pores on the larger side, and extremely oily, sensitive skin. In the store, I thought it looked a little too shiny, but the MA had also added a lot of highlighter and bronzer over it, so I attributed the shine to that. Out in the sunlight, it accentuated my pores more than ever. I decided to give it a try at home, though, without all the other stuff over it. I gave it one day's worth of wear before I had to return it. My face was oily at the end of the day, and it looked like the mineral powder disco ball effect had kicked in. I exchanged it for IT Cosmetics CC powder, which I love.

on 8/25/2015 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

My skin is not behaving due to medications. I'm having crazy breakouts with lots of post hyperpigmentation and pore texture issues. I was looking for a powder foundation that I could apply lightly for summer days that I used to go without makeup. I chose a mineral foundation bc I just feel like powder is better when your skin is not behaving- doesn't oenetrate the pores and cause more problems. I usually dislike mineral powders but being my skin is in trouble, I went for it on a whim. I bought the tan shade which according to becca website is pink undertone. I have not found any pink to this color at all. I was going to return for another color with yellow but it wasn't necessary since tan really didn't look pink on me.

Application is key. You should definitely use a brush like the sephora mineral powder brush. Just be careful, there is a ton of powder kick up from one swirl of the brush. It seems that it will waste a lot of the product if you continue to apply with the brush but they sponge given makes for cakey application. It looks alright, even good in natural light. It's buildable for areas that need more coverage. You will likely need concealer in areas with hyperpigmentation or blemishes.

After an hour, I looked in the natural light and felt that my pores were really accentuated. Not good. After 4 hours, it looked like it was wearing off. I used a primer - L'Oreal Magic - and still had pores and poor wearability. I tried again yesterday without primer, same result. I think I'm going to return and try either Nars or Kat Von D powder. I Just need a little powder pick me up to last through summer and then I can go back to my usual- I hope!

So not bad, not great. Didn't highlight dry areas, colors are good for darker complexions. Didn't use long enough to know whether it would break me out.

on 3/19/2015 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

First of all, let me just say before I hit pan on this powder foundation, I stocked up on a second one already. I use it every day (I don't use any other foundations in all forms anymore) and it lasts a year if not more.

I have dry/normal skin and I work long hours in the plane but this foundation is the least drying out of all the ones I've tried (BB cream, liquid foundation, BB cushion) and has the longest staying power. It gives a very subtle and natural finish. Also, the powder is fine and does minimize pores. However, be aware this is more like a sheer finish powder.

I haven't tried using a brush to apply, all I do is to apply with a sponge I bought from convenience store.

I am returning this sadly. first off the SA at sephora color matched me all wrong. I'm an NC20 and he put me in buttercup which is WAY too dark. it was way to chalky and caked up badly when I did wear it the one day. I don't think I will be using this, even in my correct color. I'll stick to MAC.

on 7/24/2014 11:56:00 AM

I bought this at Sephora in the color Shell around the end of 2012. Initially, I thought I liked it for my oily areas. Honestly, I'm not sure why I thought I liked it. It accentuates pores (even ones that were previously invisible) and leaves a weird shiny cast. Not dewy or glowy, just shiny. I also don't find it to be buildable. Adding more just makes it look like silly putty. It's no wonder I forgot I had it.

on 8/30/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've written a review for this product a while ago, but found that after buying a second one (in a lighter color after losing my tan), it doesn't perform as well anymore.

I love how it's less messy like traditional loose mineral powders so it's very convenient to travel with. It's great if you're looking for something with about light-medium coverage and a product that doesn't oxidize (at least on me it didn't).
It's a bit expensive, considering there's 9.5g of product for $48CAD vs something like Lancome Dual FInish 19g for $49, but I've had mine for a while.
Initially, I purchased Buttercup, but found that it was a bit too dark for me when fall rolled around, so I purchased Sand, which is a shade lighter for the different season. Right now, I can still use Sand, in July, but that's because I didn't get too tanned this summer.
I've been using this a lot with a bit of Shu Uemura Foundation Stick underneath for more coverage, but I find that this doesn't work well in the hot humid weather, nor does it work well during the super dry cold days. My skin either looks very oily by afternoon, or it looks very dry in the winter. It works best for me in between seasons, not too dry/humid.

on 4/24/2013 11:19:00 PM

(FYI, this is the same product as Becca's Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder Foundation. They've since changed the name to Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation).

My skin background: Very oily, sensitive, and acne prone. I can get pretty red and ruddy on bad skin days. I have moderately yellow-based light Asian skin (approximately NC25, Becca concealer in Tahini.) I have difficulty finding foundations that don't clog my pores and break me out.
This pressed powder foundation offers light to medium coverage which is definitely enough to cover my redness and the majority of my skin issues. The finish is demi-matte and very natural looking. I find that it doesn't look flat or powdery at all as long as I don't use too much around my nose and upper lip area. The coverage is fairly buildable and an extra swipe of powder will take care of redder areas on my skin.
I recommend using the least amount of moisturizer possible if you have very oily skin like me, because it greatly diminishes the staying power of the foundation. My skin is oily enough to skip moisturizer during the day (as long as I moisturize at night) and the lack of moisturizer underneath makes a huge difference in the longevity of this foundation. I can get away without touching up for about 7 hours as long as I don't over-moisturize.
I use the color Sand which is described as "light beige, neutral to yellow" on the Becca website. This shade has definite yellow undertones. The next shade lighter, Shell, is slightly lighter but significantly less yellow and more neutral.
This foundation hasn't exacerbated my acne and doesn't leave residue on my skin after I use a gentle cleanser. Overall I am very pleased!