3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

Definitely a trusted and true mascara for me. I have pretty decent lashes to start with. I feel like this mascara REALLY holds a curl and separates my lashes beautifully. Never clumpy and the wand makes it easy to grab the bottom lashes too. Only gets flaky when it's reaching the end of it's shelf life, just like most other mascaras. But brand new it works like a champ!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

2 months ago

my HG mascara. Been using it since middle school and I'm nearly 20. only reason I'm giving it 4/5 is because it's hard to remove. other than that it lengthens and volumes beautifully.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

from

3 months ago

MY HOLY GRAIL MASCARA! <3 I use the non-waterproof one and Maybelline is amazing at making great non-waterproof mascaras. WHY I LOVE - Very volumizing. - Curls & lifts the lashes. - Lengthening. - Separates the lashes super well, because of its wand having rubber bristles with small gaps between each other. - Doesn't really flake on me (i apply to the upper lashes only) - Doesn't smudge. - Amazing brush. I love using this (after i used it up) to comb my lashes before applying other mascara. So what's not to love?! <3 What bothered me - The applicator is really fat. I had to be careful when applying to not get it on my eyelids. - Doesn't wear well on the lower lashes (it flakes when i apply on the lower lashes). I personally don't like wearing waterproof mascaras because i'm too lazy to remove it with my olive oil every single day. I like my everyday look to be light (altho the finished look doesn't seem like it xD) and easy to remove once my day is over. If you prefer non waterproof a.k.a easy wash mascaras like me but the rocket mascara doesn't work on you, then try Maybelline's Volume Express Hypercurl Mascara in the 'easy wash' version. This mascara is Maybelline's cheapest mascara, my 2nd best mascara of all time and my current go to (because the rocket mascara is no longer available in my country T-T). The hypercurl mascara curls the lashes, maintains the curls, gives volume and separates lashes well. Be careful when grabbing this mascara. It has 2 shades available which are very black and brown. A lot of people accidentally grabbed the brown one and ended up selling it back. For those who loves natural looking lashes but needed a good volumizing one, this hypercurl one is really good.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

a year ago

I love trying new mascaras when I run out. But when it comes to Rocket Volume I find myself buying this over and over. Only problem about this mascara is it's being hard to clean.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

2.0

2 years ago

This gave me so much volume. I loved the volume it gave. I need that with my short, lifeless lashes. The only problem is, is that it would flake very often. Even if you hadn't worn it for that long. You'd get smudges under your eye and I never put mascara on my bottom lashes. I tried other maybelline mascara's and it was the same. So I wouldn't say it was just this mascara. I just don't like how maybelline makes their mascara's which is why I don't buy them anymore.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Edit: After getting used to this my opinion changed a little. I repurchased this because of the way it makes my lashes look. It gives me the amount of volume and length I want. I can live with the cons on this. Pros: Looks good on my lashes Cons: Smudges slightly under eyes. Seems to irritate my eyes (I wear contacts so it might have something to do with it though). The brush actually hurts, it scrapes my upper waterline, and it is so thick it's difficult to easily get in the edges.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I used to use this mascara years ago and I liked it. I recently repurchased it and I remember why I liked it. It’s very black, adds length, separation and some volume. It doesn’t clump as badly as many mascaras do. I am trying to determine my favorites, and this one is right up there. Glad I rediscovered it. Actually, I only use one coat of this and it really shows up.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Other, Cool

2 years ago

Blah, not a fan of this one. I really adore the Cover Girl Clump Crusher (favorite DS mascara, actually) so the bar is set. But Maybelline mascaras were 2-for-1 at Walgreen's and I can't resist a deal. So as soon as my CG bit the dust, I opened this up...and with all mascaras, it's too wet for my liking. I won't count that against this one though, because they just need time to dry up a little bit. The brush does an alright job separating and volumizing my lashes, but it's not anything crazy. This mascara doesn't smudge on me, which is nice, but it does flake toward the end of an 8-hour day...bummer. I'll finish my tube because it's not the worst mascara I've ever used, but I likely wouldn't buy it again as long as Clump Crusher is still made. Solid 3.

About reviewer (354 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

It's okay, not my favourite. I think there are better mascaras out there.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

EyesHazel

2 years ago

One of my current mascaras.

About reviewer (250 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Warm