Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 9/19/2016 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I picked this up because I had just ran out of the other stuff I was using at the time. I'm sooooo glad I did! I honestly don't have an issue with it being "too clumpy" or "too wet." It goes on smoothly, coats my lashes nice and evenly, it hasn't clumped on me once. It makes my eyelashes look ahhhhmazing! The only thing I don't like is if I put a little too much moisturizer on and my face spf, it'll cause the mascara to leave little traces on my eyelids just under my brows. It's a tad annoying lol but I've learned to use one or the other.

on 9/16/2016 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Got this in black, it looks fine if you take the time to wipe off excess from the wand, otherwise I found it to be too clumpy. I think I prefer formulas that aren't so "wet" as those tend to give me spider leg lashes. I have sensitive skin, so found this needed several swipes with micellar water to remove plus a double face wash and still found traces under my eyes. I prefer the Cover Girl Lash Blast tubes to this as they are easier to remove with less tugging and they don't tend to get clumpy on me. I have relatively unremarkable lashes. Not too long or short, naturally dark coloured. I didn't hate this mascara, but I don't think I'll use it up and wouldn't buy it again. Haven't had a lot of luck with Maybelline mascaras.

To Read all 858 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Love this mascara! It isn't too clumpy and it really does add volume to my thin eyelashes!

on 8/31/2016 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

LOVE this product. I will admit I have long lashes but they aren't as thick as they used to be. This product works wonders at thickening them. For me this is an night out product as the impact it has isn't subtle enough for day to day wear. I only use one coat as I find 2 coats gives too much length and I don't require longer lashes. I've had mine for almost a year now, yeah yeah, I know should've replaced it ages ago and I did buy a new one last weekend. The thing is it only started to apply unevenly and a little lumpy 2/3 weeks ago and even though it was old, it still wasn't flaky or powdery when applied! Brilliant product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Picked this up on a whim the other day and I am loving this mascara! It reminds me of the discontinued Maybellline One by One. Even the brush reminds me of the football shape of 1 by 1. It gives me volume and definition and holds my curl. It does not smear, chip, or shadow during the day and I am wearing it in high humidity of the midwest. (St. Louis in August, which some days feels like wearing a wet dog.) The thing I am having problems with is removal! It chips off with makeup remover instead of just dissolving so it takes extra effort to get this off. I can't imagine this in WP. But this mascara lasts all day and then some.

Here's the thing with this mascara, if you remove some (well half) of the product on the wand to ur hand ( i do that to most of my mascaras but do it to this one more than the other ones) the result is so beautiful!! Long eyelashes more than voluminous though unlike what it states. BUT if you do not remove the excess mascara on the wand, the result is going to be clumpy, it's going to smudge throught the day, and the overall result is WAY different than when you actually remove the excess. Take my advice people and try it out like that.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My favourite mascara by far. I would buy this over the benefits "they're real" mascara. I love the wand and the formula and it is well suited to the eyelashes i have. my eyelashes are very short but black so the length can't be built up. Such a great price compared to some high end brands.

I actually like this mascara a lot it coats all of my lashes and doesn't make them clumpy. the only thing I don't like about it is that the bristles on the wand are really spiky.

Pros:

- builds up really fast
- very volumizing
- doesn't smudge
- slightly holds curl

Cons:

- the ends build up quite thickly and look fake
- flakes easily and irritates eyes
- weighs down lashes a tiny bit compared to my favorite mascara
- irritates my eye slightly
- doesn't add length
- the ends of the lashes marks my upper eyelid and I can't remove the smudge easily

I really wanted to love this mascara since I heard such great reviews for Asian lashes application. It's an okay brand, probably the 2nd best that isn't Covergirl. Plumpify Covergirl's mascara is still the best when it comes to curl and length. After the 2nd application my lashes look very spider leg like. I won't be purchasing this mascara again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

One of the best drugstore mascaras out there! It's great if you're someone like me with short, straight lashes just looking for that extra volume. Doesn't flake or clump on me and I couldn't ask for a better price. If I didn't have so many open mascaras to work through right now, I'd buy this again in a heartbeat!