Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Picked this up on a whim the other day and I am loving this mascara! It reminds me of the discontinued Maybellline One by One. Even the brush reminds me of the football shape of 1 by 1. It gives me volume and definition and holds my curl. It does not smear, chip, or shadow during the day and I am wearing it in high humidity of the midwest. (St. Louis in August, which some days feels like wearing a wet dog.) The thing I am having problems with is removal! It chips off with makeup remover instead of just dissolving so it takes extra effort to get this off. I can't imagine this in WP. But this mascara lasts all day and then some.

Here's the thing with this mascara, if you remove some (well half) of the product on the wand to ur hand ( i do that to most of my mascaras but do it to this one more than the other ones) the result is so beautiful!! Long eyelashes more than voluminous though unlike what it states. BUT if you do not remove the excess mascara on the wand, the result is going to be clumpy, it's going to smudge throught the day, and the overall result is WAY different than when you actually remove the excess. Take my advice people and try it out like that.

To Read all 854 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My favourite mascara by far. I would buy this over the benefits "they're real" mascara. I love the wand and the formula and it is well suited to the eyelashes i have. my eyelashes are very short but black so the length can't be built up. Such a great price compared to some high end brands.

I actually like this mascara a lot it coats all of my lashes and doesn't make them clumpy. the only thing I don't like about it is that the bristles on the wand are really spiky.

Pros:

- builds up really fast
- very volumizing
- doesn't smudge
- slightly holds curl

Cons:

- the ends build up quite thickly and look fake
- flakes easily and irritates eyes
- weighs down lashes a tiny bit compared to my favorite mascara
- irritates my eye slightly
- doesn't add length
- the ends of the lashes marks my upper eyelid and I can't remove the smudge easily

I really wanted to love this mascara since I heard such great reviews for Asian lashes application. It's an okay brand, probably the 2nd best that isn't Covergirl. Plumpify Covergirl's mascara is still the best when it comes to curl and length. After the 2nd application my lashes look very spider leg like. I won't be purchasing this mascara again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

One of the best drugstore mascaras out there! It's great if you're someone like me with short, straight lashes just looking for that extra volume. Doesn't flake or clump on me and I couldn't ask for a better price. If I didn't have so many open mascaras to work through right now, I'd buy this again in a heartbeat!

It is a good mascara, makes my lashes long and volumized. It does clump a little, but I have not had problems with the mascara flaking. I would buy this product again. I have the shade blackest black and it lives up to its name. I give it a 4/5👍🏻

I...don't like this mascara :( i was hoping to love it when I bought it but then I applied it on my lashes and I feel that this mascara makes my asian lashes clumps terribly and the brush kept on poking my eyeballs, but maybe it's just me and the way I applied it. And the last thing I don't like is that it feels so sticky and heavy and smudge on my lower lashes.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This works great with my short asian lashes. The applicator is not the typical soft bristles clumped with product, instead its a hard rubber kind with spikes. Easy to apply. Would purchase it again.

I really enjoy this mascara. I am kind of a make up snob and recently have stopped using anything on the mass wall. I received this in a Christmas gift basket so decided to give it a try. The brush has a bunch of little spikes that are slightly flexible but it isn't too large (I find the Maybelline Colossal and Covergirl Lash Blast to be overwhelming in size). This gives just enough separation and volume to my lashes to make them look naturally perfect. The only complaint I have thus far is my lashes don't hold curl in it very well. I have spent over forty dollars in the last month on prestige mascaras and an $8 mascara just blew them out of the water.