Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm
Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm

4.3

Icinus Communis (Castor Seed Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Vegetable Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ozokerite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Hydogenated Vegetable Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Butyropermum, Parii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Tocopherol [ /-] Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica, Red 7 Lake (Ci15850), Iron Oxides (Ci77499), Iron Oxides (Ci77491), Iron Oxides (Ci77492), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci19140), Red 22 Lake (Ci45380), Red 30 Lake (Ci73360), Carmine (Ci75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci77163), Red 6 (Ci15850), Red 33 Lake (Ci17200), Red 28 Lake (Ci45410), Blue 1 Lake (Ci42090), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci15985)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have this in Plushest Punch and Mightiest Maraschino. Gorgeous colors, meh formula.

These are pigmented, yes, but the formula is thin and slippery, almost greasy. The pigment shifts around and slides around so fast. It doesn't even leave a proper stain under it. Rub your lips together and it runs off somewhere else. Thankfully it doesn't bunch in deeper lip creases.

Drives me bonkers. Definitely won't be repurchasing.

Try wearing a lip liner underneath. I'm going to try applying with my finger to see if that helps. Blotting just seems to lift everything and smear it past lip edges :/.

Packaging is ok, but honestly...for the price the tip of the crayon sticks out like a cheap lipstick and gets nicked? Lame.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have Mightiest Maraschino, a lovely strawberry cherry red that looks great on fair skin tones, especially Snow White types.

The formula feels creamy with good coverage and a youthful satin shine. Stains the lips deep pink. Feels moisturising but it actually makes my normally ok lips feel tight and dry. Waxy crayon scent, smells like cheap makeup.

Clinique promote this as being cool to reapply without a mirror but in a colour like this trust me, you need a mirror or you will get an uneven lipline. I never wear this shade straight from the tube the colour slips and smears everywhere. On my chin, coffee cups, cellphone. So I blot after application with a tissue to get a matt stain. Its very pretty this way and stays put.

on 7/1/2017 11:40:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this chubby stick. I have the shades roomiest rose & mightiest maraschino (wouldn't you buy it for just the names?!) and it fits me so well. It's very easy to apply (I usually use a small mirror, but my friend applies it without), it has a variety of colours and it STAYS ON FOR SO LONG. If you're out and about and having drinks, it takes just a bit of consideration to pay attention to the way you drink your drink and the lipstick will stay on even after you've had a few of them. This is the best experience I've had with a lipstick and I recommend it to everyone.

on 12/1/2016 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think I have all the Clinique chubby sticks. Moisturizing lip tints in a chubby pencil with automatic twist up bottom. Sheer color that looks slightly glossy. Doesn't dry out my lips. Lasts just a few hours though and most shades just add a hint of color. Retails for $17. I like these better than Tarte as the glossy ones dry out my lips.

The colors range from very sheer to quite pigmented. A great selection with colors for everyone. Nothing garish or too much. Not heavy or tacky or sticky on the lips. These don't last long, just average lip color/balm wear. But still a great easy every day product.

I got mine in Chunkiest Chilli and Mighty Mimosa. They're very buttery, they don't create lumps and keep my lips hydrated. They wear off evenly in about 3 hours. Altogether I think they're good products but quite overpriced.

on 8/12/2016 12:05:00 AM

I bought this lipstick for my homecoming dance. It is very non-drying and has a smooth texture to go on your lips. I love the wear on this.

on 5/12/2016 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I think this is a great product for someone who wants to try out bold lips but is a little scared of them. As someone with smaller lips, I'm always afraid of how bold lips will look on me. However, this product is extremely versatile. You can apply it with your finger or a brush to get a nice stain effect or straight from the nub to get a nice full color. It's nice and moisturizing, and even though it isn't long wearing, it leaves behind a stain.

I don't buy Clinique because of animal testing, but I got some stuff as a gift so I'll throw this a review. I have this in 08 Grandest Grape and I really love the sheer but deep berry shade. Also a fan of the light, moisturizing texture that soaks into the lips. I like that it's unscented and gentle. It even comes in a great twist-up container and doesn't require sharpening (looking at you, NARS). I don't love the staying power. To be fair to the product, it is marketed as a tinted balm, not a lipstick or stain, so I guess the staying power is par for the course. However, usually with a dark shade like this a bit of a stain will be left behind after it fades, but this pretty much wears right off, and any stain that's left behind is a bit blotchy. Still, it's a winner in many respects. I'd recommend layering it over another product like a lipstick or a stain for more tint.

Will use up but not re-buy.

on 10/26/2015 7:24:00 AM

Love these chubby lipsticks. I will buy again.

on 10/25/2015 3:03:00 PM

These are very creamy and go on so nice

Popular Lips Products